Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Teams get a whole seasons to prepare and set up there draft bored and we get 24 hours id like to throw my hat in the pile of 48 hours to make it realistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I'll take the vikings

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

DaFrugalGamer posted:

Teams get a whole seasons to prepare and set up there draft bored and we get 24 hours id like to throw my hat in the pile of 48 hours to make it realistic.

Yeah this is pretty true especially for the early rounds. Maybe we can shrink the timescales down to 24 for the 3rd and later rounds just like the real thing.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

If you require extensive prep you should be doing your prep stuff now. The 24 hours corresponds to what the real draft does in 5-7 minutes, the actual "on the clock" for the picks.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
If you don't have a pick already mentally selected you're already behind

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
gimme the bears

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
I'll take up 3 DONG HORSE on his co-owner offer, which may help speed things up should either of us be unavailable on a given day

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Guys i have the dolphins entire fate in my hands and you think I’m going to just pick at random?

We’re making moves. Going for gasps. We’ve got hundreds of pages to go through. You wanna compete with the Raiders you gotta get up early you know what i mean?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Good luck for the Browns. I was hoping to do it but let’s see what happens.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Per Sour Diesel's request, the Ravens are once again available to select

Edit: Teams that still need GMs

New York Giants
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Baltimore Ravens
Tennessee Titans
Atlanta Falcons
Pittsburgh Steelers
Kansas City Chiefs

ShakeZula fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Mar 19, 2018

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans please

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I'll take Kansas if nobody else wants them.

That will give me two teams to pick but no first rounders.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

ShakeZula posted:

New York Giants
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Baltimore Ravens
Tennessee Titans
Atlanta Falcons
Pittsburgh Steelers
Kansas City Chiefs

Move me to ravens

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

ShakeZula posted:

New York Giants
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Baltimore Ravens
Tennessee Titans
Atlanta Falcons
Pittsburgh Steelers
Kansas City Chiefs

Go ahead and assign me the Giants.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I've done the Bucs the past few years so I'm in again.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Homestar Runner posted:

i'll be your right-hand dong

Yeeeeeah buddy let's nab ourselves an Allen

then fire him into the sun

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Blitz7x posted:

If you don't have a pick already mentally selected you're already behind

Just lol if you aren't drafting on the basis of the "poo poo, it's my turn? Who's left?" Mantra.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Coldforge posted:

I would be more than happy to recommend players for you, good sir! This same offer applies to whoever takes the Seahawks or Cardinals :devil:

Thanks, friend! You seem like a trustworthy guy :downs:

If anyone wants to chip in with the Rams let me know here, and if I really need PMs I can do that.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'll take the Steelers.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

seiferguy posted:

Just lol if you aren't drafting on the basis of the "poo poo, it's my turn? Who's left?" Mantra.

Nah you need to take your time to fully participate in this important goon event

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

seiferguy posted:

Ugh

Edit just please make sure your spreadsheet is up to date. The fate of many posters rests in your hands

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
The "list of names in order of preference saved as a notepad file" method works fine, too.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I'm really tempted to rig up a literal dart board to make my picks, not gonna lie.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Alright, this just leaves us with the Packers, Falcons, and Chiefs left to be claimed.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'm really tempted to rig up a literal dart board to make my picks, not gonna lie.

Rig up a wheel of fish.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I'm gonna pick the player with the most aggressive face. Ties go to the most ridiculous name

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Play posted:

I'm gonna pick the player with the most aggressive face. Ties go to the most ridiculous name

Equanimeous Tristan Imhotep J. St. Brown is mine you fucker.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Equanimeous Tristan Imhotep J. St. Brown is mine you fucker.

Please, he's got a baby face. Not even close to aggressive enough for MY purposes.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I'll take the Packers I suppose.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Alright, by my count that just leaves the Falcons and the Chiefs

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
I will take the Falcons.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I'm happy to double up on the Chiefs if that helps.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Appreciated, but I think I'll give it another day or so. Want to avoid doubling up if at all possible.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I've done it the last two years this year, but I can't this year. This merger has made it impossible for me to really be able to draft nerd out this year. Surely someone else can draft the best DL, CB or FS in the draft for the 2 picks the Chiefs will have.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I've recruited Eltoasto to pick for the Chiefs, though since they don't have a first-rounder it won't matter for a while. That gives us a full roster, so I'm going to get the picks thread up and running either tonight or tomorrow and we can get this thing rolling.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
So how much bullshit am I expected to write for 1 and 4? It's not like the candidates haven't been analyzed to death and we've read them all.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So how much bullshit am I expected to write for 1 and 4? It's not like the candidates haven't been analyzed to death and we've read them all.

A 40 page essay each. You will be graded.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Take 12 hours per pick but settle up on strategy meetings every 3 to confirm

I cannot stress how important this mock draft is

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Take 12 hours per pick but settle up on strategy meetings every 3 to confirm

I cannot stress how important this mock draft is

I can't believe you aren't meeting hourly. Someone isn't taking this draft as seriously as they should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

In all seriousness, no write-up is required. All you'll post in the picks thread is the name, position, and school, along with a photo. Any discussion will be in this thread.

• Locked thread