Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Remember how cool Burnout was back in the day, with its fast-paced arcade racing gameplay and massive car crashes? Even though all the Burnout games are awesome, we haven't had a new one since Burnout Paradise was released on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC a decade ago, probably because some suits at EA figured Need for Speed was more likely to make a shitton of money, and developer Criterion Games has become just another cog in the EA machine. However, it seems EA hasn't completely forgotten about Burnout and decided for some reason to throw us a bone by releasing Burnout Paradise Remastered on March 16, 2018 for the PS4 and Xbox One. A PC version is coming, but no release date has been announced yet.

Burnout Paradise Remastered is exactly what the name suggests - Burnout Paradise, remastered for a new generation of hardware, running at resolutions up to 4K at 60 frames per second. All the DLC is included in the package as well, so PC players will finally be able to check out the Big Surf Island expansion once that version comes out. Content-wise, this is the same game as the original Burnout Paradise and the changes are mostly cosmetic, so the $40/€40/£35 price tag may seem a bit steep especially for PC users who can already run the original game at 4K60. (I'm a huge Burnout fan, so this was always going to be a day one buy :homebrew:)

Here's Digital Foundry's video comparing the original and remastered versions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S64jAFeAFCw

And here's some guys from Criterion playing the remastered game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rrsHAVi4gQ

If you have somehow never played Burnout Paradise, here's a quick rundown of what this game is. You're thrown into the open world environment of Paradise City, and there are 120 race events scattered around the city and its outskirts for you to find and win (The Big Surf Island and Burnout Paradise Bikes DLC packs feature their own sets of events). The basic races are exactly what you'd expect: get from point A to B before your opponents. However, unlike the previous Burnout games, Burnout Paradise mixes things up by letting you choose the best route to the finish, sort of like the Midtown Madness and Midnight Club series. And yes, this means you can royally screw up your race by taking the wrong turn. The game helps you out by adding flashing indicators on the top of the screen and flashing your car's turn signals to tell you which way you're supposed to be going, but you're usually going way too fast to pay attention to those.

Along with the regular races, there's a few other types of events in Paradise. There is the Stunt Run, where you must drive dangerously and perform stunts in order to earn a certain number of points within a time limit; Road Rage, where you must wreck as many opponents as you can before the time or your car's health runs out; Burning Routes, time trials that unlock better versions of each car; and Marked Man, where you need to get from point A to B while being pestered by incredibly strong AI cars that try to ram you off the road. The crash junctions from earlier games are replaced by the "Showtime" mode, which can be activated at any point if you feel like pinballing your way across the road while hitting cars. It's not that great, honestly. There are also several multiplayer modes, with the usual online races as well as 500 Online Freeburn challenges where you team up with other players to perform stunts and such in the open world. Paradise City also has 120 billboards, 400 smash gates and 50 super jumps to find, and hunting them down unlocks new special cars.

I wasn't quite sure if a fairly basic remaster like this really needed a thread but I just wanted to talk about Burnout, not only Paradise but the rest of the series as well because it owns. So let's talk about Burnout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Burnout Revenge is the best racing game ever made and I won't hear otherwise. The soundtrack is just so incredibly good it pushes the whole game over the top. Burnout gives you this incredibly visceral feel of speed I have yet to find with any other racing franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uue_8rQDSuM

I wanted to like Paradise alot more but...

Doc Morbid posted:

And yes, this means you can royally screw up your race by taking the wrong turn. The game helps you out by adding flashing indicators on the top of the screen and flashing your car's turn signals to tell you which way you're supposed to be going, but you're usually going way too fast to pay attention to those.

This is incredibly annoying. Maybe if I had spent more time with it to learn the map better but taking one wrong turn and losing the whole race because of it was frustrating and those turn signals barely helped. Despite that I still think it is a really good game and I should probably give it another shot.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Mar 17, 2018

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Revenge is good, but I wasn't a fan of the traffic checking mechanic (it just felt wrong to be able to knock the traffic out of the way instead of having to dodge the cars) or how brown everything was in that game. They really went overboard with the next-gen filter on that one, and it just looked kinda unpleasant. The one or two stages without a fuckton of bloom were really nice and I wish the whole game looked like that. Burnout 3 is still my favorite, followed by Paradise and Burnout 2.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

That's all the smash gates and billboards collected, now I just need to find two more super jumps somewhere in the hills. I didn't plan to collect all of these, but since I'm so close (somehow managed to find almost all of them during the 10-hour EA Access trial last week) I might as well. Then I can move on to winning the rest of the events to earn the Burnout Elite license.

Probably won't bother with the Criterion Elite license, which requires collecting all the stuff and beating the Time and Showtime Road Rules for every road in the game. It's doable, but takes so much time that I don't know if it's worth it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I own this game both on PC and Xbox360 but having like 0 good arcade racers on PS4 may be a good enough excuse to get it again.

Does it keep the original narrator and music playlist? This is important since the music suited the game so well. Did they improve something aside from resolution?

Axetrain posted:

This is incredibly annoying. Maybe if I had spent more time with it to learn the map better but taking one wrong turn and losing the whole race because of it was frustrating and those turn signals barely helped. Despite that I still think it is a really good game and I should probably give it another shot.

I learned the map by just doing random billboards and such. Sure you can get screwed in a wrong turn but the AI is the least rubberbanding one I've found in arcade racers in years. I've done some mistakes and yet I could come back to the fight.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Mar 18, 2018

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Narrator and music playlist are the same. I don’t think they changed anything other than giving it a graphical upgrade.

This game is so much fun I love goes fast. Also a lot of the DLC cars are included from the get-go which makes things a lot easier a lot of the time cos you have cars with like 9/10 in at least one category. Of course you can always not use them but they’re all really cool

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

They had to remove a couple of songs due to licensing or whatever, but those were nothing you'd miss.

And yeah, the most noticeable changes are to the graphics. Along with upping the resolution, they improved stuff like shadows, reflections and ambient occlusion and redid the textures so they hold up at 4K.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

If anyone cares, I'm gonna try to start a freeburn challenge at 7pm est tonight. Ps4 Grabbing whoever I can from here and reddit.

Aiming for a full party of 8 and we'll meet up in baseball stadium then do lots of challenges.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I just figured out that even though Paradise doesn't have a fast travel system, you don't necessarily have to drive all the way over to the other side of the city to start your next race. Just press right on the d-pad and choose "Restart Last Event", which will restart your last event regardless of whether you won or lost. Then when the race starts, press d-pad right again and choose "Restart Current Event -> Cancel" or just sit still for a while until the game gives you the option to quit the event. Pretty useful when you're knocking out the last few races.

Also, the Hunter Citizen cop car is a beast and absolutely perfect for Marked Man events. It's got enough speed to make it to the destination without taking forever (unlike the van and the pick-up truck) and the strength to take down the enemy cars, and since it weighs a ton it also doesn't get bullied by the AI quite as much. I also tried the Nighthawk since it has max strength, but it's so light that it easily gets knocked around in Marked Man.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Doc Morbid posted:

That's all the smash gates and billboards collected, now I just need to find two more super jumps somewhere in the hills. I didn't plan to collect all of these, but since I'm so close (somehow managed to find almost all of them during the 10-hour EA Access trial last week) I might as well. Then I can move on to winning the rest of the events to earn the Burnout Elite license.

Probably won't bother with the Criterion Elite license, which requires collecting all the stuff and beating the Time and Showtime Road Rules for every road in the game. It's doable, but takes so much time that I don't know if it's worth it.

I remember doing the criterion elite in the Xbox 360 edition. Don't remember if there was an achievement tied to it or not. Took a long time, I think I clocked 100+ hours.

Luckily ps4 is really easy, especially after getting the multiplayer out of the way.

Anyone that wants multiplayer trophies on ps4, meet up is at 7pm est tonight.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Wasn't much of a fan of paradise for the stated annoyances above. 3 and Revenge were the most fun I had with a racing game ever and would buy a remaster of those two in a heartbeat.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
I have to respect Paradise, if only because of the support that Criterion/EA has given the game for quite a while after release (but also because I think it achieved a good balance of keeping traffic checking in but not making it so that traffic cars were basically Mario Kart shells, it has few but good event types that tie in well with the open world).

But I'm one of those who were disappointed with the open world, the (related) lack of local multiplayer and by far the shittiest crash mode of the series.

I still love the game, but I'd love a Takedown/Revenge remaster more.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

You know they really could have just patched in a proper crash mode.

Instead they added bikes, and some random rear end cops and robbers multiplayer mode?

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
If this game and the old game could talk to each other that'd be great, i loved freeburning around the city with people loving around but i'm not buying this game again for 40 bucks when it comes out on PC

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Admiral Bosch posted:

If this game and the old game could talk to each other that'd be great, i loved freeburning around the city with people loving around but i'm not buying this game again for 40 bucks when it comes out on PC

I definitely hear you. The biggest problem right now is the high price. I bought this game with some reward credit I had around.

Also this is the first time big surf island comes to pc? Worth it on a sale just for that.

Also is it me or is matchmaking kind of broken? You can only see 15 lobbies and you can't tell if they're doing challenges or not.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Ineffiable posted:

I remember doing the criterion elite in the Xbox 360 edition. Don't remember if there was an achievement tied to it or not. Took a long time, I think I clocked 100+ hours.
Yeah, it turns out the road rules are pretty easy to beat especially when you have the formula car. It took me maybe a couple of hours to knock those out, so now I just need to do a bunch of Showtime crash mode to get the Criterion Elite license (about 30 hours in total for 100%) as multiplayer apparently isn't required for it. There is an achievement, although for whatever reason it's only worth 20 gamerscore on the Xbox (which would be a bronze trophy on PS4, I assume).

quote:

Anyone that wants multiplayer trophies on ps4, meet up is at 7pm est tonight.
I'm on Xbone X, so I guess I'm stuck with pubbies. :negative:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Doc Morbid posted:

Yeah, it turns out the road rules are pretty easy to beat especially when you have the formula car. It took me maybe a couple of hours to knock those out, so now I just need to do a bunch of Showtime crash mode to get the Criterion Elite license (about 30 hours in total for 100%) as multiplayer apparently isn't required for it. There is an achievement, although for whatever reason it's only worth 20 gamerscore on the Xbox (which would be a bronze trophy on PS4, I assume).

I'm on Xbone X, so I guess I'm stuck with pubbies. :negative:

LOL dude you need to look at how hosed up the Xbox achievement list compared to ps4.

Xbox is only worth 1000 gamers core and you have achievements to do in the dlc as part of the 1000/1000.

You have to do the elite license and do 250freeburn challenges. And collect every smash able.

On ps4 you only need to get to your burnout license and do ten freeburn challenges to get a platinum. And you only need to do half the billboards and gates. All the dlc stuff have their own trophy list, which means burnout paradise remastered is worth like more than one game trophy wise as well.

Its literally like ten times harder/longer to get all Xbox achievements compared to ps4 trophies for this game. Like, wtf?

In fact, this is how easy it is. It's been ten hours on my save and the only trophy I need left for a platinum is getting a burnout license. (in case you don't know, a platinum trophy is obtained by getting every trophy in the base game, not including dlc)

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 18, 2018

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

:laffo: What the gently caress Microsoft, no wonder they've been talking about overhauling the achievement system.

Oh well, I'm not that interested in 1000/1000, so as long as I manage to get the Criterion Elite license and do all the bike stuff as well as Big Surf Island, I'm good. You need to complete all Freeburn challenges to unlock all the cars (the P12 Diamond unlocks at 500), but thankfully that's not required for anything.

By the way, is it just me or are Burning Routes really easy in Paradise? I remember all the time trials in earlier games being balls hard and requiring pretty much flawless driving to get gold, but since there's no medal system here you can beat most of the target times by 30 seconds if you sort of stay on the road. I never got around to doing the Burning Routes when I played Paradise on PS3 back in the day because I figured they'd be super hard and annoying, but I guess that wasn't the case.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Doc Morbid posted:

:laffo: What the gently caress Microsoft, no wonder they've been talking about overhauling the achievement system.

Oh well, I'm not that interested in 1000/1000, so as long as I manage to get the Criterion Elite license and do all the bike stuff as well as Big Surf Island, I'm good. You need to complete all Freeburn challenges to unlock all the cars (the P12 Diamond unlocks at 500), but thankfully that's not required for anything.

By the way, is it just me or are Burning Routes really easy in Paradise? I remember all the time trials in earlier games being balls hard and requiring pretty much flawless driving to get gold, but since there's no medal system here you can beat most of the target times by 30 seconds if you sort of stay on the road. I never got around to doing the Burning Routes when I played Paradise on PS3 back in the day because I figured they'd be super hard and annoying, but I guess that wasn't the case.

Yeah it's amazing how different the Xbox one and the ps4 lists are. It shouldn't even be a problem to give the Xbox one edition more achievements, I mean games like rare replay and halo MCC have more achievements points than usual.

Burning routes were always kind of gimmies. I think it's just an excuse to make you unlock improved versions of your current cars.

I played the hell out of the original Xbox 360 edition (poor freshman college student, lots of time and little money) and I don't think I even did 500 challenges.

The real problem is there are challenges you can only do with a certain amount of people. So you gotta do a ton of challenges with only 4, then 5 then 6 then 7 people. I tried hard to do that stuff and I only ended up with 400ish,i think. I need to look at my old Xbox 360 save file.

Burnout is still fun as hell. I think the real meat of the game is doing challenges online but right now the match making isn't playing fair.

On ps4, when you look for custom matches it only shows 15 lobbies and it always looks like they got back from a race or are in free roam online. Which means you can't tell if it's a freeburn challenge group.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 18, 2018

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Please post your favourite spotify tunes for burnout so I can grow my soundtrack because the default one is bad

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Loaded up my Xbox 360 edition of burnout paradise.

Doc morbid might care about some of these stats.

I did 279 freeburn challenges, got 101% on my license and here's some records: 28 burnout chain, did a 4x barrel roll, a 653 degree spin, and my best drift was 4.6 miles long.

I really like burnout paradise but you have to kind of admit, it's a remaster that's only going to do well on ps4. Because pc isn't gonna buy it unless they really wanted big surf island, and Xbox has a similar situation where people can just buy and play the original. Since ps4 players can't play it on bc, unless they have a ps3/360 and kept it around, this is the only way they're playing it.

And I don't know how it is on Xbox but on ps4, matchmaking is so messed up that it's hard to find a cool group to jump in and do freeburn stuff. Maybe that'll be fixed over time but that would be the main reason to buy the remaster is because you want a revitalized playerbase.

So I totally understand if not a lot of people are crazy about it right now, or may even buy it at all but drat it, I love this game and it's one of my favorite games I played in college.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I'll buy this again (I already owned the 360 version on disc + a digital copy I was playing via backwards compatibility) but maaaaaaan Burnout just isnt Burnout when its open world :(

while the other games had point to point races, the circuit based racing made up the majority of events. Paradise just has me looking at the minimap 80% of the time trying to make sure I dont miss yet another 90 degree turn.

The long sweeping corners of the circuit races was what made it fun - holding huge drifts while maintaining your on-coming-traffic line was pretty fuckin intense at the pointy end of the game, and you just dont get that on the city based stuff in Paradise (and the twisty roads in the mountains arent good enough)

burnout 3 was probably the best title but I had the most fun with Dominator, which came out after Paradise, I think, on PS2 as a last hurrah for the franchise.

Revenge sorta scratches the itch but traffic checking is a bit too easy. While it was in Dominator I think they toned it down a fair bit.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Bought and played a fair amount on ps4. Paradise was one of my favorite games when it came out, so I’m happy to throw 40 bucks to play through it again.

I never got to play the free burn stuff originally because I was in the military and mostly played it offline, I don’t understand what the gently caress I’m supposed to be doing.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

bengy81 posted:

Bought and played a fair amount on ps4. Paradise was one of my favorite games when it came out, so I’m happy to throw 40 bucks to play through it again.

I never got to play the free burn stuff originally because I was in the military and mostly played it offline, I don’t understand what the gently caress I’m supposed to be doing.

For freeburn you just get a bunch of people together online and complete the instructions. Don't do the timed ones unless you have a contempt group.

I can understand why some people may dislike Paradise. As a racing game it's not that great, and the infamous crash game from the prior titles is not here at all.

But I think people should have adjusted their expectations. Paradise is more like a spinoff title. Instead of focusing on racing or crashing, it's really at its best when you aim for smashing all billboards/gates and finding all jumps or doing the freeburn challenges online.

I have never seen a racing game do the open world 'collectibles' or group stunts/competitions via freeburn challenges as well as paradise has. It's been over ten years and nothing has surpassed how Paradise handles those aspects. Not even forza horizon has come close.

Seriously if you haven't gotten a bunch of people together and do barrel rolls together or jump over each other, frankly you are missing the most fun part of Burnout Paradise that has never really be replicated since then.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
The game has a really strong start. Loading into the game, and just being able to play with GnR being blasted out of your speakers is a hell of a thing, especially when you remember how long every tutorial was back in 2008.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

What tutorial, I just did an event and then went to cruisin'. Did some events and poo poo, and now I'm a few cars deep.

Also everyone should try the Hunter Extreme Hot Rod. It's a hoot.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Quote-Unquote posted:

Please post your favourite spotify tunes for burnout so I can grow my soundtrack because the default one is bad
Here's my playlist, it's got almost 500 songs ranging from the usual rock, punk and metal to gangsta rap and cheesy 80s/90s stuff so maybe there's something decent for your soundtrack on there:
https://open.spotify.com/user/thebrainchop/playlist/1TkZ7uEoGqCTu9UugJwt4a?si=hZUx1KYDTpeuh-nFB1jE2Q

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
I think Burnout Paradise is my favourite game of all time. The idea of a massive Hot Wheels playset is as appealing now as it was ten years ago*. The sense of speed is just as good as it ever was. I've been sick all weekend and my reflexes are dulled, but the cars are responsive and feel fast as hell. I hit 100% this morning, and I'm kinda bummed it's nearly over.

The multiplayer is pretty great too. People aren't out to dick each other over, and people actually co-operate. I was in a 5 player game earlier and we had to do one of those 'stay still while everyone has a turn jumping over everyone else' challenges, and everyone waited their turn without ever speaking a word. Later on, we had to land a barrel roll through the hoop at the airfield. It must have taken me 20 tries, but no-one left the game or booted me out. It's been awesome.

Here's to a completely new game sooner rather than later!

* Eventually I'll buy an XBox for Forza Horizon, but it won't be soon.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

GlenMR posted:

I think Burnout Paradise is my favourite game of all time. The idea of a massive Hot Wheels playset is as appealing now as it was ten years ago*. The sense of speed is just as good as it ever was. I've been sick all weekend and my reflexes are dulled, but the cars are responsive and feel fast as hell. I hit 100% this morning, and I'm kinda bummed it's nearly over.

The multiplayer is pretty great too. People aren't out to dick each other over, and people actually co-operate. I was in a 5 player game earlier and we had to do one of those 'stay still while everyone has a turn jumping over everyone else' challenges, and everyone waited their turn without ever speaking a word. Later on, we had to land a barrel roll through the hoop at the airfield. It must have taken me 20 tries, but no-one left the game or booted me out. It's been awesome.

Here's to a completely new game sooner rather than later!

* Eventually I'll buy an XBox for Forza Horizon, but it won't be soon.

Yup. It's doing the freeburn challenges with people online is where the game truly provides a unique and exhilarating experience. Nothing has every truly been done like that.

And I think a lot of people know that one of the hardest things to do in the game is a successful barrel roll through the hoop. It requires precise speed and placement. So they're willing to be patient for you to complete the challenge.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
I can do it fine when no-ones's watching! :v:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

33 hours and 41 minutes according to the stats screen. I remember when I 100% completed Burnout 3 on the original Xbox way back when, that took me several months and something like 80 hours of gameplay.

I started messing around with the bike DLC, and while the bikes are fun to play with I kinda wish there was more to it. As far as I can tell, it's all time trials and there aren't even any races with other bikes, which is a bit weak. Worst of all, your rider just disappears when you crash! Where are the hilarious ragdoll physics?

Criterion apparently had plans for a Burnout/Road Rash crossover at one point prior to Paradise's release, but that never materialized due to EA bullshit or something. How loving great would it have been if the Paradise Bikes addon had basically (or actually) been Road Rash? It probably would've had to be a paid DLC pack instead of a free update in that case, but considering how bare-bones the bike DLC is now I don't think people would've complained that much.

Motley
Nov 1, 2013
I'm definitely gonna buy this when it comes out for PC just for Big Surf Island basically. I feel like old PC players got kind of screwed over in terms of DLC, but I still loved this game and dumped a ton of hours into it back in the day. I especially loved the multiplayer, people were always pretty friendly and wanted to complete challenges together. Hoping the population of players stays high enough for a while, that's really the only thing that would keep me from purchasing. How is it getting into games with pubbies so far?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Doc Morbid posted:

Worst of all, your rider just disappears when you crash! Where are the hilarious ragdoll physics?
I wanna say this was to avoid issues with the base game's age rating, but it's been a long time.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

The Kins posted:

I wanna say this was to avoid issues with the base game's age rating, but it's been a long time.

I want to say I remember reading on here (yes back on 2008 SA forums) that it was due to the age ratings or something too.

Congrats Doc morbid. I'd probably never do that, I had enough when I originally did it on Xbox 360. My goal on ps4 is just to earn all the trophies. I just need to complete burnout license for a platinum, then do the trophies related to party mode (the offline controller swap thing), big surf island and the bikes. I found a cool dude and we knocked out the cagney and cops and robbers trophies.

Big surf island is probably my favorite dlc in a racing game, ever. They distilled the spirit of burnout paradise and hot wheels into a small island pretty well.

Also wasn't it like less than ten bucks on release?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

The Kins posted:

Huh. I thought it had a T rating, but apparently it was an E10+. (PEGI 3 in Europe because we're hardcore)

Still, pretty much every bike racing game ever has some sort of rider physics for the crashes, and I doubt their age ratings are any higher. Well, I suppose they also don't have you crashing into traffic, which might have been the main issue here.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Doc Morbid posted:

Here's my playlist, it's got almost 500 songs ranging from the usual rock, punk and metal to gangsta rap and cheesy 80s/90s stuff so maybe there's something decent for your soundtrack on there:
https://open.spotify.com/user/thebrainchop/playlist/1TkZ7uEoGqCTu9UugJwt4a?si=hZUx1KYDTpeuh-nFB1jE2Q

Very nice, thanks! Almost everything on my (much shorter list, only ~3.5 hours) was also on yours. Copied a few suggestions.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I like Revenge better, but I got this game anyway because I hope it will lead to a Revenge Remaster and, really, it is still a real good game on its own merits.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Unlucky7 posted:

I like Revenge better, but I got this game anyway because I hope it will lead to a Revenge Remaster and, really, it is still a real good game on its own merits.

Paradise is a game where you can just shut off and cruise. Go Fast Times feel hella good.

Though if we’re talking Revenge Remastered, gimme that. Prob could update both OSTs to be honest.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

widespread posted:

Paradise is a game where you can just shut off and cruise. Go Fast Times feel hella good.

Though if we’re talking Revenge Remastered, gimme that. Prob could update both OSTs to be honest.

Honestly, as far as EA TraXXX go, Revenge was pretty OK. Leagues ahead of Takedown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Dominator featured Avril Lavignes "girlflriend".

in like 6 languages :v:

• Locked thread