Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Ivy Rana, The Sasquatch

...Hey. Hey! I've been trying to get your attention for like fifteen minutes. I know I'm easy to miss, but that's kinda ridiculous. Well... whatever. I'm used to it. You wanted to talk about me, right? I guess that's fine. Chances are you aren't going to remember anyway. Nobody seems to. I'm the kid that never gets picked in gym, the hand that never gets answered in class, the person that might as well not exist.

Well... okay. That's not entirely right. There's something else. I, uh, I... smell... not great. I mean, I don't think it's that bad. It's like perfume, alright? Just... really, really strong. Like citrus and musk and flowers, all sorts of things that you think would go well together, but don't... I guess. It's hard to tell sometimes. I got teased for it for a long time, y'know, and... I don't know. Maybe that made me get real good at not getting noticed.

Now I'm here, at loving Elm Hall, and I'm not sure what's worse. Being ignored or getting some... attention... from the creeps in class.

Part of me wants it, even just getting teased again, because goddamn. I'm lonely. I'm so loving lonely. But the other part knows... when I slip, when I get noticed, it hurts even worse to have that knife stuck in my back.

quote:

1. Why were you sent to Elm Hall in the first place?

...Chronic truancy. I've never missed a day of school in my life, but try explaining that to the admin when you never get marked present in homeroom. Not even my parents believed me! Hell, I think they just kind of forgot about me until the cops came asking around. I know I've got a big family, I know the middle kid gets lost in the shuffle, but that's not normal... right?

quote:

2. You've already made an enemy of one of the students/staff members here. Who was it and what did you do to piss them off?

So the gym teacher, Mr. Hopson, already hates me. The first day of class he just... made us run laps. All period. It was dead hot outside and, uhm, I already sweat pretty easily. By the end of the period, I was drenched. I mean, I showered off and changed and everything and... well, there's nowhere to do laundry. So I stuffed my gym clothes in my locker and left them there. Next thing you know I'm getting pulled into the office to explain why the entire girls locker room smells like me. Which... wow, that's an awkward conversation to have. And, uh, I don't like the way he was looking at me either.

What the hell can I say? 'Sorry you made me participate?' It's not like I have a doctor's note excusing me from gym, and it's sure as hell not going to get honored if I did. The only only thing worse than the kids around here are the loving teachers.

quote:

3. Tell me about an interesting place in the local area/school grounds.

There's this busted up greenhouse out behind the main school building. It's not exactly a popular spot, or super obvious, but it's... nice. It's kind of overgrown, just all sorts of random plants in there, but I dunno. Something about it just sucks so much less than the rest of this place. Sometimes I slip out of class and just come out here to think. It's not like anyone's going to notice, right?

quote:

4. Tell me about a rumor going around the school.

A rumor, huh? I guess I do hear a lot. People tend to miss me, so they don't even think that they might be talking where someone is going to hear them. Most of it is pretty tedious poo poo, honestly, but I suppose there are some pretty choice tidbits. If you ask me, the most interesting thing is that there's this secret group of students that meets at school at night. I hear bits and pieces, nothing really firm, but it's supposed to be like a... I don't know, secret society? A brotherhood or something? I wonder what the hell they do when the school's empty.

quote:

5. (optional) Give me a thread title that isn't terrible.

[MH2] Another Brick in The Wall

The Sasquatch posted:

Name: Ivy Rana
Look: Sweet
Eyes: Forgettable Eyes
Origin: No Family Photos

Stats:
Hot -1
Cold +1
Volatile -1
Dark +2

Moves:
☒ Musk
You have a distinct smell. Powerful. Perhaps intriguing. When you break a sweat near others, the MC tells you which person is aroused and gives you a String on them. That person chooses a reaction below.
+ I give you a compliment,
+ I give myself to you,
+ My eyes water and I gag,
+ I’m also repulsed, so I ridicule you about your body and give you a Condition.

☒ Unnoticeable
You can fade from view and become invisible. If you want to cover your scent as well, try to Keep Your Cool. On a 7 or higher, in addition to other results, your scent is hidden for a while.

☒ Faery Contract
If someone breaks a promise or contract made to you, take a String on them. When spending a String to even out the score and get justice on a broken promise, add these options to Pulling Strings:
¸—they gently caress up something simple at a crucial moment, suffering 1 Harm if appropriate,
¸—add 2 to your roll on an act of vengeance.

Sex Move:
Whoever you have sex with smells like you afterward. If they face their peers before scrubbing it off, they mark experience.

Darkest Self:
Now, right now, it’s time to rain stones down upon the bullies and the excluders. It’s time to wreck their precious stuff, to shove them back so hard that they’ll never even dream of messing with you or anyone ever, ever again. You escape your Darkest Self when you hurt one of those people more than they’ve ever hurt anyone else... and more than you meant to.

Backstory:
+ You’ve been a wallflower all your life, but someone finally noticed you. Give them a String.
+ Someone makes fun of you. What do they say? They give you a Condition, and you gain 2 Strings on them.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Ferrosol posted:

Ivy the Sasquatch:

You tried to do something big and flashy to get some attention, didn't you? What was it and who got the credit and/or blame for it instead of you?

Ugh, yeah. So... it was a little bit before the big football game. Against... uh. Whoever our rivals are? Not gonna lie, I don't really follow our teams. At all. As far as I'm concerned, the less I have to do with those bastards, the happier I'm going to be. Anyways, Ryan Rand has been... y'know. I'll tell you more about that in a few. But all this? It was my big plan to get him off my back, make a bit of a splash, and maybe get in with some likeminded people. Make a few friends, you know? But it... well, that didn't exactly go to plan.

So I snuck some dye out of the art room, right? Bright pink. Super, super garish. Nobody noticed me dunk it all into the washing machines for the jerseys. Isn't that kind of hosed? No laundry for the PE classes, but there's a couple of machines just sitting there for the sports teams to use. Well, whatever. Everything spun around, got all clean, and came out just about the pinkest tie-dye you've ever seen. By the time the coaches figured it out, there was no time to get replacements or anything, so the players tossed it on and marched out to the jeers of the crowd.

Of course, nobody thinks I did it. Everyone's convinced that it was some prank by the rival team. I heard a bunch of people got into a fight with the other team, real bloody, after the game. Maybe I shouldn't have done it, but... Well, too late for regrets now.

Ferrosol posted:

Who keeps following you around and seems infatuated with you? What have you done to try and dissuade them?

Star quarterback and all-American rear end in a top hat: Ryan Rand. The guy is somehow simultaneously the worst piece of human refuse I've ever met, a total pig, and worshipped by our general population of rejects and miscreants. I suppose he is like their king. And... god only knows why, but he's pretty goddamn intent on me. Like, I dunno, ever since that first day in gym he's been shooting me this absolutely disgusting look, like he's just imagining what he's gonna do when he corners me. I bet you don't need two guesses to figure out what's on his mind, huh?

I thought that this whole thing with the uniforms would make my position pretty drat clear. I don't want his attention, I don't want his girl on the cheerleading squad ruining my life, and I just want him to get out of my life. If anything, it's made him even more intent on getting with me. I guess enough people are giving him poo poo about the pink uniforms that he wants to prove how manly he is or some poo poo.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Backgrounds:

quote:

+ You’ve been a wallflower all your life, but someone finally noticed you. Give them a String.

Ming told you about the locker room, huh? Funny how a place can have my worst memories of Elm Hall and my best... at least so far. It's, uh, it's been really nice having her talk with me. Spend time with me. Actually realize that I exist. The makeouts are great, too, of course. I guess it's kind of funny there too. I never really thought about what turns me on or who I'd want to get with before all this. She's the first person to bring all that up.

quote:

+ Someone makes fun of you. What do they say? They give you a Condition, and you gain 2 Strings on them.

Jessie is kind of an rear end in a top hat! I mean, not quite Ryan-tier or anything, but dude. I get it. When people bothered to remember me in grade school, it was to razz me about how I smell. You'd figure we'd be past that by now... but loving whatever. I've got his number. I guess we'll see what happens. Maybe he'll be next on my list if River comes through.

code:
                     [Mr Taylor]             
\Door        [Ryan]        [    ]        [    ]        [    ]   
|            [    ]        [    ]        [    ]        [    ]   
|            [    ]        [    ]        [    ]        [    ]   
|            [    ]        [    ]        [    ]        [Ivy]   

Tricky fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Mar 30, 2018

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Someone stole your pelt, and they’ve figured out how important it is to you. They said they’ll give it back if you do something for them. Each gain a String on one another.

Ivy took it! She took it and won't give it back! I don't know when it happened! I never even let it out of my sight for a second! But she's got it and I know she's got it because she showed it to me and it's not fair and now she wants me to do things and-and-andddd WAAAAAHHHHH!!!!" [Cries uncontrollably]

Okay, wow, can we just agree right here that she's being a little dramatic? Yes, I took the pelt. "Took." It was just lying around by the river behind the school! It's cute, I liked the look of it, and as far as I could tell it was just randomly there. Given how she went nuclear the moment she figured out I had it, that's totally on her. I like my jacket, but you don't see me taking it off and leaving it around, y'know? So... whatever. I'll give it back eventually. If she remembers I have it. I heard she totally dunked Ryan into the river the other day. Maybe she can do something like that again, help me get him off my back for good this time.

• Locked thread