Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That was some real fuckin' dexterity and timing on that kick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Triticum Guzzler posted:

OH gently caress! Komiyama kills Suarek with a head kick counter while moving backwards

Yeah that was a fuckin slick head kick

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

That was a beautiful kick.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Are they carrying banners saying 'ELBOW IS OVER' just to remind Suarek that there's no elbows or is it some sort of catchphrase for Komiyama?

It's either that or its some broken English about the time out he had from rescuing some dudes from a burning car, he's got some scars on his arm from elbowing out the window

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Now it's time for the crazy poo poo

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/976323105026183168?s=20

God drat

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
takeru is just filling his super meter

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Holy poo poo those last 15 seconds

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Takeru is so good at rolling so he only gets caught on the ends of punches.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Uncharacteristic amount of body work from Takeru, but he uncorked in the last 30 seconds. And oddly, we are in a situation where the guy with the shortest, easiest fight was Komiyama, who doesn't get a lot of knockouts

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Goshyu is officially who my posting brand is behind. He's a nice young man.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Wosiks strategy of taking 10 to throw 1 doesn't seem to be working

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Wosik clearly has more on his punches, because Goshyu just throws a bunch of nothing shots on the guard to land step up knees. Anywhere else I'd have Wosik ahead, however Goshyu fights for the children, specifically deaf children

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Conflicted, I wasn't sure watching his previous fights that he had anything for the European style. Happy to see him win but now a bunch of deaf kids in the audience who came to see him have to watch him get killed by Takeru

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
I now hate the alleged woman-beater even more for that dumb turtleneck he was wearing

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Melsik gets some kind of upbeat remix of Artsakh, the official song that you must use in Japan if you're Armenian

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Melsik is not handling the low kicks well

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I'm at work so I've really only been following this via Grabaka Hitman on twitter. I have no idea who any of the people are and quite frankly I don't care. Tiny Japanese kickmen are brutalising each other and it's super fun.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Congratulations to Melsik on securing Edmund's legacy by doing nothing for 3 rounds then draping himself in the Armenian flag, then going over to Masato on commentary and asking if he speaks English

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
this guy is going to be crushed to death under all the shiny golden poo poo they keep handing to him.

am i watching the right thing. the channel is called gaora sports and a blond azn guy is getting tons of trophies and belts. probably 100+ of each

I.N.R.I fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Mar 21, 2018

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

this guy is going to be crushed to death under all the shiny golden poo poo they keep handing to him.

am i watching the right thing. the channel is called gaora sports and a blond azn guy is getting tons of trophies and belts. probably 100+ of each

Gaora is the right channel, are you seeing a large Croatian right now?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i dont know about croatian but he is big. seems like i have the right channel

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
how come in kickboxing they tend to stand flat? is it for power?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
that guy definitely threw at least 3 of those kicks just to hear his corner go whaaaay

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

how come in kickboxing they tend to stand flat? is it for power?

These guys are both big boy Europeans. In the semi finals you'll see a few different styles, European kickboxing is all heavy rear leg low kicks and punch combos

Anyway Plazibat looks like poo poo compared to when he won the belt. He should've blown Mannaart away, and now he's going to lose

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
First intermission is coming up. If you've never seen the K-1 pokemon, well get used to it

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
made breakfast and missed the intermission entirely, cool

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Pretty good girl fight, nice head kick knockdown. Half way through now and I don't know what to expect from this fight. Also this web site keeps giving me screen hijacking ads

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the Inflatable Axe Kick

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
ok done with the gunfights for the second part of the card. Now for the good stuff

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
First couple of opening fights were pretty fun. Around the fifth fight I fell asleep and have only woken back up just now. While I'm sad to have missed AK-69, I love that I still have hours upon hours of fights left on the this card.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

This card rules.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
drat :( Goshyu couldn't even find the floor

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

That was rough. Takeru lived up to his nickname and crushed him at the end there.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Noiri loving owns

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Jesus Christ, Yamato showed a lot of heart but that was a loving beating

https://twitter.com/k1wgp_pr/status/976378898182160384?s=20

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That is a Rich Franklin-level nose break.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
his honker got absolutely smashed by that left hook

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
ok now that we've had the two great title fights, it's a "10 minute" intermission, one crap fight, one alright fight, then 4 more probably great fights and we're done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
ak-69 is back.....

• Locked thread