Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

What an unnecessary and unpleasant thing Kimura is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
thankfully it was mercifully brief

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Kido spends the entire fight throwing leg kicks to set up a head kick knockdown at the end of the third, other than that though it was an awkward southpaw/orthodox fight

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Ren Hiramoto was dressed as Kiryu from Yakuza in his intro video for no reason so now I'm rooting for him

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
drat that dude got destroyed

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Holy poo poo a teenager beat Kaew's rear end

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Foul Fowl posted:

drat that dude got destroyed

Up until his last fight he was the champion, and Noiri beat him in an extra round split decision that he didn't deserve. This kid beat Tenshin as an amateur

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Up until his last fight he was the champion, and Noiri beat him in an extra round split decision that he didn't deserve. This kid beat Tenshin as an amateur

that's insanely sick, i can't believe how good these kickboxing children are. are the fights uploaded somewhere after they're streamed? i have to go to uni in an hour. but already i want to watch everything else on the card.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Foul Fowl posted:

that's insanely sick, i can't believe how good these kickboxing children are. are the fights uploaded somewhere after they're streamed? i have to go to uni in an hour. but already i want to watch everything else on the card.

Quite often there are stream tips on youtube, I'll post any I find later in the kickboxing thread to try and remove spoilers I guess? Other than that K-1 upload to their youtube channel within a few days

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Quite often there are stream tips on youtube, I'll post any I find later in the kickboxing thread to try and remove spoilers I guess? Other than that K-1 upload to their youtube channel within a few days

that would be sick. thanks man.

this fight is also really cool. feels like they're both playing with fire.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Holy gently caress what a knockout

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That was loving violent and unexpected.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
that was brutal

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://twitter.com/k1wgp_pr/status/976409562608627713?s=20

Yoshiki Takei up next, best kept secret in kickboxing

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

holy poo poo

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
this has been a crazy card

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
125lbs of fuckin terror. he's the guy that should be getting the shine to fight tenshin, not guys out of his weight class

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
that was an insane tornado of violence.

https://twitter.com/k1wgp_pr/status/976414125923291136

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
is this the last fight on the card? how did the other guy look in his fights?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Foul Fowl posted:

is this the last fight on the card? how did the other guy look in his fights?

Yep this is the tournament final. Komiyama iced the favourite in his bracket with a head kick counter while moving backwards, then in his semi final nearly decapitated his opponent with a spinning back kick in the opening seconds. He looks great tonight

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Yep this is the tournament final. Komiyama iced the favourite in his bracket with a head kick counter while moving backwards, then in his semi final nearly decapitated his opponent with a spinning back kick in the opening seconds. He looks great tonight

i saw it on the replay and was just about to ask who that was. this fight is gonna be good. kickboxing is good.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Komiyama's mobility is frustrating Takeru. He's not making much hay from it right now but he could walk him onto something nasty like he did to Suarek if he gets reckless

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
takeru's pressure is just too much. sick body work.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That was pretty much inevitable, but still cool. We survived the K-1 Fiesta. Someone print shirts.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Valiant effort from Komiyama but he didn't have the hands to keep Takeru off him, and once he got him in the corner he was hosed

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
special thanks to these guys for beating the poo poo out of each other so quickly that i had time to finish the card before i had to leave my house.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Viewers on the Abema stream peaked for this fight at around 2.7 million apparently

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://twitter.com/Karaev_Fan/status/976422203922137089?s=20

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Congrats all around.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

Dang, anyone know how we can watch a replay of this event?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Cyber Dog posted:

Dang, anyone know how we can watch a replay of this event?

I found one video that was a crappy quality stream rip and 2 more with Japanese people doing reaction videos to them, but K-1 are posting them on YouTube at 11pm EST today

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I found one video that was a crappy quality stream rip and 2 more with Japanese people doing reaction videos to them, but K-1 are posting them on YouTube at 11pm EST today

Sweet, thank you.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Scratch that, some kind soul has uploaded what seems to be every single fight on the card with filler stripped out in a single video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnXr2MftZhg

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
all the fights timestamped because i did it for the other thread

QF-1 KOJI vs. Urabe Hirotaka - Skippable if you don't care about the tournament
QF-2 Komiyama Kosuke vs. Suarek Rukkukamui - Absolutely loving watch
QF-3 TAKERU vs. Stauros Exakoustidis - Watch
QF-4 Goshyu Masanobu vs. Dennis Wosik - Skippable if you don't care about the tournament

WW Title Fight: Kubo Yuta (c) vs. Melsik Baghdasaryan - Not just skippable, this is a must skip
HW Title Fight: Antonio Plazibat (c) vs. Roel Mannaart - Skippable

KANA vs. Polina Petukhova - Skippable, but has some fun in it
Super BW SuperFight: Gunji Taito vs. Tosaka Takumi - A less strong recommendation to watch
Super LW SuperFight: Nakazawa Jun vs Soda Yasuomi - Skippable

– SF-1 Winner of QF-1 vs Winner of QF-2 - Watch
– SF-2 Winner of QF-3 vs Winner of QF-4 - Watch

Super FW Title Fight: Noiri Masaaki (c) vs. Tetsuya Yamato - Absolutely loving watch
Super WW Title Fight: Chingiz Allazov (c) vs. Hinata - Watch

WW SuperFight: Kimura ‘Phillip’ Minoru vs. Hirayama Jin - Skippable but it only lasts like a minute so whatever
WW SuperFight: Kido Yasuhiro vs. Issam Chahid - Skippable
EMURGO presents: Kaew Weerasakreck vs. Hiramoto Ren - Absolutely loving watch
LW Title Fight: Wei Rui (c) vs. Urabe Koya - Absolutely loving watch
Super BW Title Fight: Takei Yoshiki (c) vs. Kubo Kenji - Absolutely loving watch, but even more absolutely than the others

– Super FW Title Fight: Winner of SF-1 vs Winner of SF-2 - Watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

all the fights timestamped because i did it for the other thread

QF-1 KOJI vs. Urabe Hirotaka - Skippable if you don't care about the tournament
QF-2 Komiyama Kosuke vs. Suarek Rukkukamui - Absolutely loving watch
QF-3 TAKERU vs. Stauros Exakoustidis - Watch
QF-4 Goshyu Masanobu vs. Dennis Wosik - Skippable if you don't care about the tournament

WW Title Fight: Kubo Yuta (c) vs. Melsik Baghdasaryan - Not just skippable, this is a must skip
HW Title Fight: Antonio Plazibat (c) vs. Roel Mannaart - Skippable

KANA vs. Polina Petukhova - Skippable, but has some fun in it
Super BW SuperFight: Gunji Taito vs. Tosaka Takumi - A less strong recommendation to watch
Super LW SuperFight: Nakazawa Jun vs Soda Yasuomi - Skippable

– SF-1 Winner of QF-1 vs Winner of QF-2 - Watch
– SF-2 Winner of QF-3 vs Winner of QF-4 - Watch

Super FW Title Fight: Noiri Masaaki (c) vs. Tetsuya Yamato - Absolutely loving watch
Super WW Title Fight: Chingiz Allazov (c) vs. Hinata - Watch

WW SuperFight: Kimura ‘Phillip’ Minoru vs. Hirayama Jin - Skippable but it only lasts like a minute so whatever
WW SuperFight: Kido Yasuhiro vs. Issam Chahid - Skippable
EMURGO presents: Kaew Weerasakreck vs. Hiramoto Ren - Absolutely loving watch
LW Title Fight: Wei Rui (c) vs. Urabe Koya - Absolutely loving watch
Super BW Title Fight: Takei Yoshiki (c) vs. Kubo Kenji - Absolutely loving watch, but even more absolutely than the others

– Super FW Title Fight: Winner of SF-1 vs Winner of SF-2 - Watch

thank you

• Locked thread