Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

The Orville posted:

You can’t.

That's what I settled on, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tales of Woe posted:

im waiting for confirmation that the PC version is functional, never a sure thing with jrpgs

Bamcos ports have all been fine

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Nearly here. Who else platted the first game? :madmax: https://psnprofiles.com/synthyboots

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Tales of Woe posted:

im waiting for confirmation that the PC version is functional, never a sure thing with jrpgs

i'll try to mention if i see any problems, i'm an idiot who preordered

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Nearly here. Who else platted the first game? :madmax: https://psnprofiles.com/synthyboots

I got the plat a couple weeks ago. Booted this sucker up and just going through the menus the QoL changes seem amazing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:pray:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nice. I think I'm gonna pick this up today, it looks awesome

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Echoing a lot of the sentiment here: first game was neat and charming but kinda got stale and I never finished it. Definitely gonna snag this at some point though.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I honestly don't understand how you're meant to assemble this 3D papercraft thing from any angle without the pieces getting loose and falling apart. It's like the people that designed it forgot that gravity exists

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

This game's opening is basically the polar opposite of anything I expected

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This game's opening is basically the polar opposite of anything I expected

I read about it and it sounds insane

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i got the magic ipad and i'm reading kuni twitter right now. upvoted several posts already

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh poo poo does the game have a miiverse in it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

no, it's all in-game npc stuff but it's still cool. some will drop hints for you

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I love this game so far, but the combat really is just too easy. You know how a lot of JRPGs will have a segment at the start where some really OP guy will join your party for a bit and stomp enemies before leaving/dying/betraying you shortly after? The whole game is like that.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That's only true for like the first few hours of the game tho. Like it's still an easy game but the encounters definitely require more of your input the further you get

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

That's only true for like the first few hours of the game tho. Like it's still an easy game but the encounters definitely require more of your input the further you get

Good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pretty much every jrpg that doesn't have SMT somewhere in the name is pretty easy so I'm not surprised

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I literally played this all day lmao. Chapter 4 is where the city building and sidequests open up. Gonna play more.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'm close to the end of Chapter 3 now. So so stoked for the city building stuff

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I missed the mail carrier by 15 seconds and thus I will not be getting my game until Monday probably.

Are the reduced number of cutscenes and stuff as big a deal as reviewers are going on about?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

my morning jackass posted:

I missed the mail carrier by 15 seconds and thus I will not be getting my game until Monday probably.

Are the reduced number of cutscenes and stuff as big a deal as reviewers are going on about?

I had control within 15 (really :stare:) cutscene minutes for what that's worth

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll be playing this in like twenty minutes with a frosted beer in my hands.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

just started this, so far it mostly feels like a Tales game except my party consists of a catboy and the president of the united states

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Tales of Woe posted:

just started this, so far it mostly feels like a Tales game except my party consists of a catboy and the president of the united states

i was surprised as all loving get out by the opening cutscenes i tell you what

going into games like this blind has its advantages

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The opening cutscene for this game are insane

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

It owns so much

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

the game has my rapt attention so far as of the end of chapter 1

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love that they all know what a pistol is and it also functions normally

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Combat kinda feels like a poormans Ys (party based era) plus layers of JRPG math. Pretty good fit for the beautiful visuals

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Also playing more MechWarrior Online, apparently

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

For real

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

omg higgledies are adorable

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

cant figure out the king trial since im a retarded

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I love how they overcompensated for the friendly AI in the first game being worthless and frustrating.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I do wish the tactics menu had options to make the game harder instead of just easier. Combat can get pretty cool though if you're fighting things higher level than you. I did the second dream gate as soon as I could and was way underleveled so its boss fight was pretty intense.

I really want to know how they're gonna tie the insanity of the opening cutscene into the rest of the story.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao at the kingmaker

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
the kingmaker is the most Ghibli thing ever

this game is pretty good :ocelot:

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
ahaha I just go to the first skirmish

amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

I do wish the tactics menu had options to make the game harder instead of just easier. Combat can get pretty cool though if you're fighting things higher level than you. I did the second dream gate as soon as I could and was way underleveled so its boss fight was pretty intense.

I really want to know how they're gonna tie the insanity of the opening cutscene into the rest of the story.

The tainted creatures are pretty rough, I was the same level as the slime one when I took it one and it was still a pretty rough fight.

• Locked thread