Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Plebian Parasite posted:

The tainted creatures are pretty rough, I was the same level as the slime one when I took it one and it was still a pretty rough fight.

Sick, I haven't checked any of those out yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Lmfao at the kingmaker

He owns

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

In Training posted:

Lmfao at the kingmaker

Hope you're not hating 'cause he owns

gotta mentally replace his 'flip!' with 'gently caress!' or perhaps a 'shite!' though, swear replacement always annoys me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I bought the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't sold anything I've picked up because I have a feeling there's going to be so many menus I can dump resources into once I can build my kingdom

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

I haven't sold anything I've picked up because I have a feeling there's going to be so many menus I can dump resources into once I can build my kingdom

Generally speaking you can sell weapons and armor you don't need (I've seen exactly one less-than a side quest that needed a broadsword) but definitely don't sell materials, they're for quests and crafting.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Awesome, i was a bit into chapter 3 earlier and I'm gonna play a bunch more after dinner. I love the environment art in this game so much, and they way they handled the overworld is cool

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I'm 10000000 dollars in debt

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I keep going super saiyan during battle randomly and idk why

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

I keep going super saiyan during battle randomly and idk why

The kingmaker throws out golden orbs that let you do this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ty kingmaker. I haven't been able to kill any of the crazy elevated monsters yet

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I hope the fighting gets a little harded. I'm almost on chapter 4.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Omg I love goldpaw

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Ty kingmaker. I haven't been able to kill any of the crazy elevated monsters yet

They're pretty tough and a welcome spike in difficulty

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
This game's difficulty is very schizophrenic

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

c/p my thoughts thus far.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom thoughts thus far:

The game is great, I am enjoying playing it immensely. This is almost a complete upgrade from the first game in terms of gameplay & quality of life changes, BUT -- I will say this: (Just completed Chapter 5, roughly 40% thru the game) There is a certain Magical Spark that is missing from this game. When I first got my wand and cape and ran around Ding Dong Dell in NNK1 it's still a top tier gaming moment for me. The issue is the sequel doesn't really capture that same feeling so far. In NNK1 you have to solve riddles and read the in-game instruction manual to solve certain puzzles, which is epic and awesome, but nothing like that has popped up so far in this game. If there's any sort of equivalence to draw this to, it would be the jump from FF13 to FF13-2. Both great games, but the sequel focuses on gameplay/enjoyment above all else while losing a bit of charm from the original.

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom: -5 Magical/Epic, +5 Pure Gameplay/Rewarding

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Holy poo poo when ch 3 the snake man zandatsus pugnacious

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

hydropolis is cool. best music in the game so far and the big eye is freaky

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The combat actually gets a lot better as the game goes on, so I guess my only real gripe at this point is how you can’t walk around and explore your own kingdom at full size. A pretty minor thing in the grand scheme of the game, but... running around Goldpaw and Hydropolis and stuff, and then going back to your little chibi kingdom, is kinda jarring.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Are some citizens skirmishers when you recruit them? I still only have the first two guys and wondering if I missed something

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

Are some citizens skirmishers when you recruit them? I still only have the first two guys and wondering if I missed something

Yes. There's a few in Goldpaw right after you establish the Kingdom.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Minor beginning spoiler: Evan decides to name his kingdom after the 'ancient myth of Evermore'. Is that meant to be a nod to Secret of Evermore or am I just overthinking this?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a completely different name in Japanese so it could be a nod or reference the localizers put in.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Yes. There's a few in Goldpaw right after you establish the Kingdom.

I needed to advance the story a bit before they showed up, but now I have a burgeoning army

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Everyday I resist the urge to buy this game.. I fear I cannot hold on much longer

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

rediscover posted:

Everyday I resist the urge to buy this game.. I fear I cannot hold on much longer

I just bought the first game today lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Ludwig van Halen posted:

I just bought the first game today lol

powerful technique

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

it's not a level 5 game without an industrial steam factory zone & the music is sick

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The combat actually gets a lot better as the game goes on, so I guess my only real gripe at this point is how you can’t walk around and explore your own kingdom at full size. A pretty minor thing in the grand scheme of the game, but... running around Goldpaw and Hydropolis and stuff, and then going back to your little chibi kingdom, is kinda jarring.

my stomach dropped out of my rear end when i realized your kingdom was that chibi bullshit an not a real place to run around in

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

HORMELCHILI posted:

my stomach dropped out of my rear end when i realized your kingdom was that chibi bullshit an not a real place to run around in

yeah that part sucks poo poo. still fun to go get new citizens, though, at least as of start of ch5

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the jump from a level 1 kingdom to a level 2 kingdom is overhwhelming

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
flippin' heck

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Can I ever build something in my kingdom that helps me find tainted monsters, I've been wanting to battle them around their level bc it's a fun challenge but I've already missed a few that have locations with just cave names that I couldn't find. Kind of a bummer that when I eventually do track them down I'll just annihilate them

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

you guys were right about the intro, my goodness.

I love the combat so far.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Foxhound posted:

flippin' heck

I keep saying this to myself lol, I love the way he says it so much

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lofty is no Drippy, but I love and respect him regardless.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

idk I think he beats Drippy handily but that could just be negative association with the first game talking

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want to build a Hydropolis Eye in my kingdom.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chapter 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

looking forward to establishing some context for this pic, just started ch5 myself

• Locked thread