Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I have no idea how it works in the States tbf lol. If it had happened here I'm pretty sure she would be charged automatically for domestic battery or smth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I still want to know how badly she hurt him. Like, did the BLUDREINA thing bleed through into her real life or what?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

I still want to know how badly she hurt him. Like, did the BLUDREINA thing bleed through into her real life or what?

She plays drums, so maybe she did a solo on his head with a spoon

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Clarke hasn't killed anyone been asleep for over 100 years. You know a bunch of those convicts are never going to wake up again. :black101:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rhyno posted:

Us Greeks are a passionate lot

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

Us Greeks are a passionate lot

Malakia

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

wow rude!!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

wow rude!!

Μη μου σπας τ’ αρχίδια

Hhahaha i love Greek so much. I work with Greeks, never not entertaining.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I just realized that Madi will have been talking to the Commanders for 125 years when she wakes up. She told Clarke that she talks to them in her sleep and they show her memories. Then she asked Clarke 'will we dream?' when she went under.

So she'll probably be a very different person from last season.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm hoping so, would be a missed opportunity otherwise.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
"Oh no, Maddie's tube malfunctioned and she aged and is now physically 28..."

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Luckily, this is not an anime.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Martian posted:

Luckily, this is not an anime.

Or Thundercats.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rhyno posted:

"Oh no, Maddie's tube malfunctioned and she aged and is now physically 28..."

lmao ngl that would lowkey be a decent way to handwave it if her actress has a growth spurt over the summer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They need to recast her as an adult for SEXUAL TENSION or whatever.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Maybe if it were any other CW show. The 100 is drat good about keeping romance mostly on the backburner.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

esperterra posted:

Maybe if it were any other CW show. The 100 is drat good about keeping romance mostly on the backburner.

Abby just decided she would rather die than leave Kane behind. And there were like, 4 romance reafirmations in the finale.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Im calling it now: Maddy is gonna be a teenager and will pair up with Monty and Harper son

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Elias_Maluco posted:

Im calling it now: Maddy is gonna be a teenager and will pair up with Monty and Harper son

Absolutely.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I can see that happening, for sure.

Also not to say 100 has no romance, but compared to other CW shows it's barely there.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I think Jordan was 18 when they put him in the cryo tube, so it'll still be weird if he and Madi become an item.

Actually, Madi's the youngest person on the ship by quite a few years, isn't she?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There were other kids in Wonkru so they might have survived.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Abby just decided she would rather die than leave Kane behind. And there were like, 4 romance reafirmations in the finale.

Guess Abby didn't get the memo re: Kane/Diyoza :allears:

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

I've been doing a rewatch and have just gotten to season 3 and I'd forgotten just how poo poo it really is. I'm only 4 episodes in and I don't think I can put up with everyone acting like they've had 50 points dropped off their IQ for another 12 episodes.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Best seasons have been season 2 and 4 in my opinion.
Season 5 right behind those, then the generic YA (and not nearly enough casualties season 1).
Season 3 went nowhere...

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I think seasons 1 and 2 are the best yet. 3 is not quite up there, but still good. And I like how 1 to 3 feels like a complete story

Flatscan posted:

I've been doing a rewatch and have just gotten to season 3 and I'd forgotten just how poo poo it really is. I'm only 4 episodes in and I don't think I can put up with everyone acting like they've had 50 points dropped off their IQ for another 12 episodes.

Like they did this season?

edit: except that this season they dropped the QI and raised the assholesness and sociopathy of mostly everyone

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Elias_Maluco posted:

Like they did this season?

edit: except that this season they dropped the QI and raised the assholesness and sociopathy of mostly everyone

I get what they were going for with season 3, trying to show the emotional cost of all the horrible poo poo that had happened in the previous season, but they didn't pull it off at all well and it really did come across as if Arkadia had lead in it's water supply or something and everyone had turned into a window-licker between seasons.

This season did that same theme much better, mostly by tying it all to a single event, the dark year, and having everyone be broken by that. Octavia goes full nutjob tyrant, Abby turns junkie and Kane will side with murderous psychopaths to get away from the cannibal queen. Everyone else retreats into cult-like Stockholm syndrome behaviour because it's the only way they can deal with being forced at gunpoint to eat their friends and family.
Much better than Bellamy's cannon-fodder girlfriend, Raven's leg hurting and Jasper whining about Maya.

Only exception is Clarke's pathological mothering instinct, which doesn't tie in at all, but then she seems to be able to turn pretty much anything into an excuse for genocide so not really that out of character.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I love every season of this show, though w/e one had Pike (3?) had some weird pacing issues and his flashback should have been at the beginning of the season and not the end. Plus Bellamy needed a better reason than a dead girlfriend to follow him-- Bellamy being a follower is very much a thing but they still didn't lay quite enough groundwork/allow us any time to endear ourselves to his dead gf for it to really work.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Flatscan posted:

I get what they were going for with season 3, trying to show the emotional cost of all the horrible poo poo that had happened in the previous season, but they didn't pull it off at all well and it really did come across as if Arkadia had lead in it's water supply or something and everyone had turned into a window-licker between seasons.

This season did that same theme much better, mostly by tying it all to a single event, the dark year, and having everyone be broken by that. Octavia goes full nutjob tyrant, Abby turns junkie and Kane will side with murderous psychopaths to get away from the cannibal queen. Everyone else retreats into cult-like Stockholm syndrome behaviour because it's the only way they can deal with being forced at gunpoint to eat their friends and family.
Much better than Bellamy's cannon-fodder girlfriend, Raven's leg hurting and Jasper whining about Maya.

Only exception is Clarke's pathological mothering instinct, which doesn't tie in at all, but then she seems to be able to turn pretty much anything into an excuse for genocide so not really that out of character.

If somebody made you eat your brother that died the day before you might go a little crazy too.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Rhyno posted:

If somebody made you eat your brother that died the day before you might go a little crazy too.

Yes? That was kind of my point, everyone acting like nutjobs in season 5 felt earned unlike season 3.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I honestly don't know about that. cannibalism seems terrible from our point of view, but we're dealing with two groups of people who are used to kill each other like it's a hobby. One group floated people all the time for any crime, regardless of severity. Was also willing to murder hundreds of people in their sleep for an extra month and sent 100 kids to what they thought would be their deaths. The other group has a warrior mentality and have been killing each other for over a century in tribalised warfare.

From that point on, I don't think its such a great step to cannibalism. I'm not saying it's "just another day/year" but it shouldn't be the "omg what have we done?!?" that this season is trying to make it.

I bet humans tastes like chicken anyway.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Didn't Abby imply there was also a generation of Arkers who had to resort to cannibalism for a time? So it's not even a foreign concept to a bunch of the people in the bunker, even if it was well before their time.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

esperterra posted:

Didn't Abby imply there was also a generation of Arkers who had to resort to cannibalism for a time? So it's not even a foreign concept to a bunch of the people in the bunker, even if it was well before their time.

That's why they space their dead.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I think the cannibalism was pre-Ark, back when they were still just separate space stations before joining into one.

I still like Bellamy, but think he's probably outlived most of his usefulness as a character, so I hope he gets to go out via Clarke like she did to Finn.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Did McCreary make it to Eligius? We saw Octavia "knocking him out" but no definite killshot.
And yeah, Maddie is definitely going to have been talking to the voices in her head for the past 125 years. Would be enough to drive anyone nuts.
Also I'm quite sad how the whole Vincent subplot ended... I guess I was hoping for him to help the good guys in a really terrible way but this was just lame.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Evernoob posted:

Did McCreary make it to Eligius? We saw Octavia "knocking him out" but no definite killshot.

That was Clarke with a pre-mortem one liner, which is a 100% guarantee that he's dead.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Vermain posted:

That was Clarke with a pre-mortem one liner, which is a 100% guarantee that he's dead.

She said and I quote, "You'll never see your daughter grow up" right before stomping his face.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Dalael posted:

She said and I quote, "You'll never see your daughter grow up" right before stomping his face.

All she means is that she busted out his eyes.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Some interesting stuff from Rothenberg here:

https://ew.com/tv/2018/08/07/the-10...m_medium=social

Kinda spoilery as he's discussing broad strokes of next season but I guess you can't spoilerize quoted text so skip it if you don't want vague hints about next year:

quote:

Battlestar Galactica is a huge influence of mine, and so is Interstellar, and I was also really influenced by the movie Annihilation, which I thought was great. It’s inspiring us. The idea is we can really do anything, because life takes endless forms and environmental threats can come from anywhere. Some of it is beautiful and some of it isn’t, just like on our planet.

Interesting! And what are you calling the planet?
I can’t tell you — that’s a spoiler for next season. But we are going in search of Eligius III, with the hope that Eligius III made it to this planet and populated it and were able to survive. We’ll join what is essentially the next outpost for humanity. The story for season 6 is in many ways about what happened to Eligius III and how we interact with what happened to Eligius III. Are there survivors? What are the threats in the woods? Are there woods here? Are there things that don’t exist on Earth? You better believe there are. We’re going to really lean into sci-fi world-building with this planet.

So they WILL be most likely meeting survivors from the Eligius ship, who will have a very different society than our cannibal criminals.

Also with the reference to Annihilation and "sci-fi world building" they may be trying to make this planet look very alien, even beyond glowing butterflys and two headed deer into something very striking. Could make for a very different show, if they have the budget to pull it off and it doesn't just look like "woods outside of Vancouver."

quote:

Bellamy and Clarke have always been the center of the show, and their relationship is so important to everything we do. When they’re in alignment and have the same goal, things work out; when they’re on opposite sides, it’s usually a s—show. [Laughs]

So right now, they’re back to being in alignment, but a lot of other characters are not going to forgive Clarke as readily as Bellamy has, and that is something we’re going to keep an eye on as season 6 begins. But they will go forward with Monty’s wish for them to do better. They’ll be committed to that course — Clarke, I think, even more strongly than Bellamy going forward.

What makes their relationship so unique at this point in the series?
At the moment, they’re in their development as people. They are partners, and sometimes I say they’re best friends. They’re certainly not romantic yet. I think personally that that is unique and rare and different than what you normally see in opposite-sex leading roles in television shows, you know? And obviously a lot of people in our fandom still ask that question and yearn for that, and I get that and appreciate that and love that they watch the show, but I can’t make any promises one way or another. Where they are right now is my favorite place for them to be, which is non-romantic partners and soulmates aligned, going in the same direction.

Interesting...Bellarke may still be a thing, though Echo is still alive so how that would work I don't know. If anything, after Echo stepping up as a leader at the end, I could see her very put out just being sidelined in a decision making role in favor of Clarke.

quote:

Bellamy and Octavia, though, still have a ways to go. What kept you from giving them a scene where they completely patched things up?
I feel like that relationship took a while to break, and it’s going to take a while for it to recover. Octavia has not yet really reconciled with what she’s done. She was going to sacrifice herself for them, and she got that taken away from her. On some level, we’re going to play with this a lot in season 6. She’s kind of pissed off and still bitter that people don’t accept that she did keep them alive, that she took on all of that misery so the people in the bunker wouldn’t break. To me, she’s going to need to come out of that on the other side before Bellamy can fully accept her.

Calling it now--Octavia will take on the Jaha martyr role, where she has to do increasingly insane poo poo to atone for her past actions. Octavia's Wild Ride may or may not be an arc. :getin:

quote:

Now, just to clarify: Is McCreary dead?
Clarke squashed his melon, but that said, you didn’t see a body at the end. So… I suppose the door is open.

Something literally nobody is asking for, but whatevs.

quote:

Uh oh. What about Kane? He’s in a medically induced coma, and actor Henry Ian Cusick is on a new series. Should we brace ourselves for an exit?
I think it’s too early to say. For sure he’s in The 100 next season as we begin the journey, and I love him as an actor and what he’s brought to the show. He’ll always be a core member of The 100 family, and we’re going to figure out [his schedule].

Yep, sounds like Kane is gonna get Jaha'd--he'll have a few scenes early on and get killed off in the first part of the season. Kinda lovely, as he had some great perspectives as an adult, former leader, and one of the only sane members left of the Arkers. His interactions and attempts at peace with Diyoza were interesting, but I suppose he was moving towards the Jaha-role of Moses who won't live to see the peaceful, safe society he creates and dreams of. Also in the back half of the season, Bellamy was becoming the Kane Voice of Reason so I guess that role is filled.

quote:

Fianlly, with the “End of Book One” card and this reset in mind, how long do you see The 100 going on for?
The truth is that I used to have an ending in mind, but we passed that ending a while ago, and yet the show keeps staying, for me, creatively challenging and exciting. As long as it is that for me, I will stay on this show, and the show will stay on the air, given [the CW boss] Mark Pedowitz’s desires. For me, shows should have an ending, and they should not go on forever, and when you start repeating yourself too much, then that’s time to walk away. But at this point, that’s one of the reasons we put “End of Book One” on that screen, because it really is the end of one adventure and the beginning of another.

This is very interesting. So whatever arc he wanted for the show has concluded, like Supernatural Season 5, and we're now into uncharted territory. Could be very cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Well, it took them 5 seasons to FUBAR earth. Let's see if they can beat their own record on not-earth.

I'm gonna laugh if they prep for hostile reactions of the locals....and get welcomed open armed and have no idea how to behave...
(and off course gently caress up everything anyway)

• Locked thread