Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I live about 100 miles from the Shenandoah valley, it would certainly not survive a death wave.

Also it doesn't look like the woods outside of Vancouver :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Of course the first thing Clarke finds is a rover with a minigun. Clarke murder count: 1

Looks like things are going great in the underground bunker. :v:

werdnam posted:

Okay,, so how does primfaya, which apparently can boil away shallow oceans, skip this one little valley? And where is the water coming from that's creating this flowing stream?

The science in this show has never been solid, but this is a bit much.

Magic nanomachines magic nanomachines!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Of course the first thing Clarke finds is a rover with a minigun. Clarke murder count: 1

Looks like things are going great in the underground bunker. :v:

Magic nanomachines magic nanomachines!

The bird counts. That was cold blooded. I've never been more attracted to Clarke.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's no way they didn't have Ark orgies up there.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

There's no way they didn't have Ark orgies up there.

Hey, what happens on the Ark stays on the Ark.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Rocksicles posted:

Hey, what happens on the Ark stays on the Ark.

Except herpes. That poo poo'll come back with you.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Elapsed time between new victims arriving and Wanheda increasing her kill count: Five minutes.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

SirSamVimes posted:

Elapsed time between new victims arriving and Wanheda increasing her kill count: Five minutes.

The Vulture had it coming, it attacked her first, you all saw it.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Enjoyed Clarke's badass kill, enjoy the fact the Octavia now presides over death combat, basically I enjoy everything about this show

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
does uh

does clarke paint with her own black blood now

cause that's cool

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
So the kid and Clark survived radiation poisoning because they have black blood right?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah. the kid is probably the last true-born nightblood too, not that it seems likely the grounder survivors in the bunker will care anymore

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
So how did all the trees and plants etc survive if the radiation in the valley killed all the people though. I guess I don't understand the distinction between the death wave and the radiation. Luckily it's in keeping with this sort of thing making no sense on the show and doesn't really matter

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Wandle Cax posted:

So how did all the trees and plants etc survive if the radiation in the valley killed all the people though. I guess I don't understand the distinction between the death wave and the radiation. Luckily it's in keeping with this sort of thing making no sense on the show and doesn't really matter

Most of what the show does regarding radiation is basically the sci-fi equivalent of death magic. The less time you spend trying to figure out the rules behind it the better. Hell the initial timeline behind the show itself makes no sense at all either.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

pahuyuth posted:

I may be wrong but I could swear I saw somewhere that this is the final season. But I am dumb so

This wasn’t planned to be the final season, no. Whether they get renewed or not is up in the air.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
One more season and a movie!

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
this is one show where the end of each season has felt complete enough to be the end of the series, even 4 if you cut the bit from the end of the finale of clarke in eden

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Zebulon posted:

Most of what the show does regarding radiation is basically the sci-fi equivalent of death magic. The less time you spend trying to figure out the rules behind it the better. Hell the initial timeline behind the show itself makes no sense at all either.

Remember the cloud of death poison or whatever it was, that turned out to be a weapon the Mountain Men created/used, that they somehow had so much of and/or could produce it fast enough that the grounders spoke of it like it was a common thing that just happens? Wonder what happened to it because it could take care of these prisoners or whatever real quick.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Well Mt Weather blew up so it's probably not operational and it probably only worked in the vicinity of Mt Weather anyway

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Wandle Cax posted:

Well Mt Weather blew up so it's probably not operational and it probably only worked in the vicinity of Mt Weather anyway

The poison tanks also got blown up separately and I doubt that Arkadia rebuilt them.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I hope they have something unusual/unexpected in stock story-wise, because I can already see me loathing this season.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Combat Pretzel posted:

I hope they have something unusual/unexpected in stock story-wise, because I can already see me loathing this season.

That's a good attitude to have when watching a show!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Combat Pretzel posted:

You need a hug?
I'd do it, but i have commitment issues and it seems like a big job.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I <3 The 100

forevermore

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

This poo poo was lit

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I think I need a recap, I have no idea who that girl who apparently is Belamy's girlfriend is

Also too much Clarke in this last episode

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
she's the ice nation woman who kicked octavia off a cliff that one time. she slipped into the last Conclave to try and skew things in favor of Roan, was banished when he confronted her, encountered the crew who went back to the Ark ring on their way to ALIE's island, and now six year's later she's NeoSkykru sleeping with Bellamy

can't remember her name for the life of me but she's had a wild ride

e: and all the clarke time will be justified when we spend the next episode with Warlady Sky Rippa, her vizier Jaha, and the increasingly insane survivors trapped in that bunker an extra year and a half

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Echo has been a secondary char since Mt. Weather. She's the girl in the cage who Bellamy frees so they can all escape!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Oh I remember now

She looks different, though. Maybe is the hair

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Giving the Grounders such a disproportionate representation in the bunker over Skaikru was a bad idea lmao

Having everyone survive in peace with such limited space and rations for 5 years was gonna be hard enough, even with leadership that was already experienced in managing and maintaining similar living situations (like on the Ark). Now it's been more than 5 years and I'm guessing most or all of those rations are gone. And I'm guessing the Grounder leaders did not choose their most intelligent and level-headed when deciding who their hundred survivors would be for each clan.

Octavia's heart was in the right place, but what she should have done after the Conclave was let ALL of Skaikru's 400 or so members have a spot, and divide the remaining 800 spots up among the 11 remaining clans. Skaikru still would have less than half the numbers of the grounders, but they would be far more unified. The Grounder clans barely got along before living in a cramped bunker, but with only 70ish members per clan, it would have been easier for the more united Skaikru to keep a lid on everything and everyone.

Octavia should have prioritized Skaikru more in the first place after winning the Enclave. I could see how she'd be upset at Clarke after finding out she and Skaikru took the bunker before finding out the winner, but quite frankly they deserved the space more and were better equipped to survive down there. :razz:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Acacia REI posted:

Giving the Grounders such a disproportionate representation in the bunker over Skaikru was a bad idea lmao

Having everyone survive in peace with such limited space and rations for 5 years was gonna be hard enough, even with leadership that was already experienced in managing and maintaining similar living situations (like on the Ark). Now it's been more than 5 years and I'm guessing most or all of those rations are gone. And I'm guessing the Grounder leaders did not choose their most intelligent and level-headed when deciding who their hundred survivors would be for each clan.

Octavia's heart was in the right place, but what she should have done after the Conclave was let ALL of Skaikru's 400 or so members have a spot, and divide the remaining 800 spots up among the 11 remaining clans. Skaikru still would have less than half the numbers of the grounders, but they would be far more unified. The Grounder clans barely got along before living in a cramped bunker, but with only 70ish members per clan, it would have been easier for the more united Skaikru to keep a lid on everything and everyone.

Octavia should have prioritized Skaikru more in the first place after winning the Enclave. I could see how she'd be upset at Clarke after finding out she and Skaikru took the bunker before finding out the winner, but quite frankly they deserved the space more and were better equipped to survive down there. :razz:

:same:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've got a deuce on Clarke teaming up with the cast of Lockout. Against Octavia and the cast of beyond the Thunderdome.

Clarke Rockatansky

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006

Acacia REI posted:

Well if anything it looks like the clan population has been decreasing steadily in the bunk so the population of :dumbs: has gone down in the last 3 years.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Acacia REI posted:

Giving the Grounders such a disproportionate representation in the bunker over Skaikru

we are all grounders

real talk if there'd stayed 400 skaikru in the bunker, plus ~800 from the other 11 clans, there would've been an open civil war between skaikru and the rest long before it was even safe for the bunker to open. there would've been far too clear a demarcation between skaikru and everyone else

making skaikru's allotment proportionate to the the other clans was the only chance for the group sharing the bunker to avoid slaughtering each other outright. happily, it was also the most just choice

the sky rippa will be a leader beyond the dreams of the commanders

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Something tells me the issue isn't so much that there's an equal amount of everyone rather than mostly Skaikru, but that Octavia the Merciless is in charge.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The priority should've been: can you repair and maintain the systems in the bunker? Ok cool you are in. If not, get poo poo on by nuclear fire.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The priority should've been: can you repair and maintain the systems in the bunker? Ok cool you are in. If not, get poo poo on by nuclear fire.

Clarke's list of 100 people was exactly that, was it not? And didn't they end up using her list to pick the 100 Skaikru?

Idk I haven't watched it since it aired.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

esperterra posted:

Something tells me the issue isn't so much that there's an equal amount of everyone rather than mostly Skaikru, but that Octavia the Merciless is in charge.

Yeah, Octavia is the god damned Queen

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I can't wait to see more of her reign. Commander Octavia for lyfe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
octavia is not a commander, the line of the commanders and the rule of the flamekeepers is broken, and good riddance.

octavia is the girl under the floorqueen of the underworld

• Locked thread