Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

Kind of interesting how they went out of their way in this week's episode to address why the Ark would float corpses instead of recycling them.

I liked it from a storytelling point of view, but that's a awful lot of biomass to discard when you need every gram and calorie....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Boris Galerkin posted:

It would take more energy to burn the bodies for energy and there’s the danger of catching some incurable disease from eating other humans.

Plus I’m not even sure if they’d have a full-on kitchen in a space station where all the food is probably powdered.

Also they’re probably all vegetarians up on the Ark anyway cause there’s literally no reason for them to have brought meat up with them. It’s one of those things I really don’t understand about the people on the show Doomsday Preppers (well, other than the whole prepper thing): you see them stashing hundreds of pounds of meat in a freezer or raising animals for “in case the United States falls.” Like at that point I think you’d have more to worry about than which cut of steak you want tonight.

Besides how much meat does an average human provide anyway?

I’m okay with them not being cannibals.

I was thinking not in a literal "eat the dead" sense, but more in a "it is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks" way. More fertilizer for the hydroponics beds and whatnot....

• Locked thread