Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Question, if I recall correctly most of the technically skilled and intelligent spacers are dead because Octavia dumbassily backed the lottery system for entrance into the bunker right? So instead of ensuring some sort of educated, mutation free population base, the majority of the survivors are illiterate tribesman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006

Acacia REI posted:

Giving the Grounders such a disproportionate representation in the bunker over Skaikru was a bad idea lmao

Having everyone survive in peace with such limited space and rations for 5 years was gonna be hard enough, even with leadership that was already experienced in managing and maintaining similar living situations (like on the Ark). Now it's been more than 5 years and I'm guessing most or all of those rations are gone. And I'm guessing the Grounder leaders did not choose their most intelligent and level-headed when deciding who their hundred survivors would be for each clan.

Octavia's heart was in the right place, but what she should have done after the Conclave was let ALL of Skaikru's 400 or so members have a spot, and divide the remaining 800 spots up among the 11 remaining clans. Skaikru still would have less than half the numbers of the grounders, but they would be far more unified. The Grounder clans barely got along before living in a cramped bunker, but with only 70ish members per clan, it would have been easier for the more united Skaikru to keep a lid on everything and everyone.

Octavia should have prioritized Skaikru more in the first place after winning the Enclave. I could see how she'd be upset at Clarke after finding out she and Skaikru took the bunker before finding out the winner, but quite frankly they deserved the space more and were better equipped to survive down there. :razz:

Well if anything it looks like the clan population has been decreasing steadily in the bunk so the population of :dumbs: has gone down in the last 3 years.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006

zeal posted:

oktavia blodreina gonna show clarke who the real Khan of Khans is

Clark will establish dominance by consuming her own child, live, head first like a mantis.

• Locked thread