Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
ROMAN IS SO ANGRY ABOUT BEING SUSPENDED HE'S GONNA...HE'S GONNA....
write a VERY STERNLY worded letter regarding his grievances.
calmly explain his side of the story in a backstage interview
ask Seth to beat up the bad man for him
pee pee poo poo
View Results

• Locked thread
Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I still don't really like or care about Matt Hardy's vaudeville act, but if he killed Bray Wyatt he's my hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
the actual pin was pretty weak tbh.

But it was worth it for Benjamin and Brother Nero out of nowhere, and Matt effectively killing a man on national television.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

started with cops being beat up ended with that

A+ raw best of the year

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

CarlCX posted:

I felt like that was a huge disappointment and seeing y'all loving it is making me question if I really have just lost the love for this and am turning bitter and lovely
i'll never say someone is wrong for being disappointed by WWE but what exactly were you expecting and did you watch any of the earlier Hardy stuff?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Sugar Blaster posted:

Matt Hardy got a publicly traded company with ties to the White House to use twenty minutes of live national television time to screen his insane backyard auteur wrestling movie. Let's take a minute and let that sink in.

Matt might secretly be one of the smartest people in wrestling.

Near the end of his TNA run, he came up with a storyline where him and Jeff would win all the tag titles in the world and a bunch of indie promotions just went "yeah sure, you can win our tag titles."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sugar Blaster posted:

Matt Hardy got a publicly traded company with ties to the White House to use twenty minutes of live national television time to screen his insane backyard auteur wrestling movie. Let's take a minute and let that sink in.

Matt Hardy is some kind of bizarre genius and it absolutely rules that we get to see his strange vision played out on television.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Shoenin posted:

the actual pin was pretty weak tbh.

But it was worth it for Benjamin and Brother Nero out of nowhere, and Matt effectively killing a man on national television.

The first Final Deletion ended with someone getting set on fire and I don't think the WWE would have let him do that.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I still don't really like or care about Matt Hardy's vaudeville act, but if he killed Bray Wyatt he's my hero

Wait did Eddie Cantor have an Ultimate Deletion match against Al Jolson?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Sugar Blaster posted:

Matt Hardy, Wrestler Of The Year

Dekk
Aug 31, 2001
It was fun, but it felt… short and anticlimactic.

I wonder if it would have felt like an epic, hours-long war had they'd split it into segments across the show? But that might've been annoying.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CarlCX posted:

I felt like that was a huge disappointment and seeing y'all loving it is making me question if I really have just lost the love for this and am turning bitter and lovely

I feel you in that it could have been longer, funnier, and had a better ending

But for a brief moment there's the thought Bray's either done or taking time off and getting his character fixed, which is all I've wanted for the last 4 years out of that poorly booked bastard, and that's made all this worth it by itself

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Matt Hardy is some kind of bizarre genius and it absolutely rules that we get to see his strange vision played out on television.

It’s more that Matt Hardy remembers why people liked wrestling instead of trying to make it a cheap replica of real sports or scripted tv.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
At least it was something different from the same stale poo poo Vince has been shovelling out for the past 15 odd years.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
No Stephanie, Sasha and Alexa weren't covered in Abu Dhabi because of respect for culture, they were covered up because sexual repression is a disastrous problem over there.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Matt got his father in law included in a major WWE angle. Thats all I could really ask for.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

Dekk posted:

It was fun, but it felt… short and anticlimactic.

I wonder if it would have felt like an epic, hours-long war had they'd split it into segments across the show? But that might've been annoying.
I'm amazed that Vince allowed something so far out of his control to even be on his show, let alone be the entirety of the main event and overrun. Remember when we got sick of weeks of laughing? We went from that to this.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Sugar Blaster posted:

i'll never say someone is wrong for being disappointed by WWE but what exactly were you expecting and did you watch any of the earlier Hardy stuff?

Not only did I, but I rewatched all of it with the girlfriend over the last week 'cause she wanted to get caught up and she has no idea what a TNA is

I think that's maybe why I was disappointed? Having watched all of those in like 72 hours I was expecting their balance of weird poo poo and kitsch; this felt more like the House of Horrors in that it was all just window dressing for a walk-and-brawl. Like, Vanguard 1 is there but he just sort of shows up and then leaves, the shack is there for a moment but then they just shrug it off and return to fighting, the fireworks are there but they're just shooting up out of nowhere so they shrug and keep fighting, etc.

I liked the way the weird poo poo in the other deletions was an end unto itself and this felt like it just spaced out brawling

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
tbh it was only different because were so used to WWE being worthless boring poo poo.

It was actually the weakest of the deletions. It was honestly kinda meh overall, but it had some great moments. The biggest problem was it was mired by WWE bullshit. It wasnt tag team apocalypto but in fairness, nothing is.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I kind of feel like a lot of it was "Hey remember Vanguard 1? Remember the BOAT?". Like trying to recreate something that they weren't totally sure why people thought it was funny in the first place. It sure was entertaining compared to the normal RAW main event but I was kind of let down.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

explosivo posted:

I kind of feel like a lot of it was "Hey remember Vanguard 1? Remember the BOAT?". Like trying to recreate something that they weren't totally sure why people thought it was funny in the first place. It sure was entertaining compared to the normal RAW main event but I was kind of let down.

making bray relive randy orton burning down his creep shed was loving aces

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

CarlCX posted:

Not only did I, but I rewatched all of it with the girlfriend over the last week 'cause she wanted to get caught up and she has no idea what a TNA is

I think that's maybe why I was disappointed? Having watched all of those in like 72 hours I was expecting their balance of weird poo poo and kitsch; this felt more like the House of Horrors in that it was all just window dressing for a walk-and-brawl. Like, Vanguard 1 is there but he just sort of shows up and then leaves, the shack is there for a moment but then they just shrug it off and return to fighting, the fireworks are there but they're just shooting up out of nowhere so they shrug and keep fighting, etc.

I liked the way the weird poo poo in the other deletions was an end unto itself and this felt like it just spaced out brawling
I think a lot of the kitsch could be attributed to TNA not having access to the production tools that WWE does. Like, it's really hard to recreate the feel of a B-movie with a studio budget and that's what this felt like to me. It's also what I expected going in. It's like comparing the last Evil Dead movie to Sam Raimi's original.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Also I imagine they weren't allowed to say shoot fireworks at each other for WWE insurance reasons.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

explosivo posted:

I don't think it was "hey, remember [x]", I think it was "hey, this is [x]"-- introducing the people who didn't watch TNA to this stuff.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Sugar Blaster posted:

I think a lot of the kitsch could be attributed to TNA not having access to the production tools that WWE does. Like, it's really hard to recreate the feel of a B-movie with a studio budget and that's what this felt like to me. It's also what I expected going in. It's like comparing the last Evil Dead movie to Sam Raimi's original.

yeah, that's 100% fair. My expectations were probably really poorly calibrated by expecting the old stuff again.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
also bray and matt ducking between the tombstones was some actual bugs bunny poo poo and I loved it

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

fart blood posted:

No Stephanie, Sasha and Alexa weren't covered in Abu Dhabi because of respect for culture, they were covered up because sexual repression is a disastrous problem over there.

yeah but differences are actually always good or some other nonsense

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I for one can't wait to wake up in the morning and watch this carny lunacy while I eat my oatmeal.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
RIP Bray Wyatt
Died doing what he loved - losing a rivalry

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
We need a WWE Network Matt Hardy compound special.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rhonne posted:

Matt might secretly be one of the smartest people in wrestling.

Near the end of his TNA run, he came up with a storyline where him and Jeff would win all the tag titles in the world and a bunch of indie promotions just went "yeah sure, you can win our tag titles."

And that story arguably ended with them winning the WWE tag titles in a ladder match.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

Saint Freak posted:

RIP Bray Wyatt
Died doing what he loved - losing a rivalry

Man in the last 6 years was Bryan and Deano the only people he won the feuds with?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He won that five minute feud he had going with Luke Harper

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Shoenin posted:

Man in the last 6 years was Bryan and Deano the only people he won the feuds with?

I think Ambrose actually won that feud, but no one remembers anything other than the exploding monitor spot.

Bray did win his feuds with Ryback and Jericho I believe.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The blowoff to Bray/Ambrose was the Ambulance match. Bray won that one clean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
bray should come back in a month, one hundred pounds heavier, and tell matt hardy he is a fool, and that he has only just reached his second form

• Locked thread