Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Level Seven posted:

I was at the panel and I'm pretty sure the Funi rep said it was episode 40, not the first one which would've been 39.

I remember the rep saying that too. Now that I'm thinking about it they were talking like it was content that wouldn't be seen for "a couple of weeks" but I just assumed their dates weren't syncing up. Another thing that throws the episode count into a loop is that there was a recap episode at the beginning of S2. If that is considered part of episode count then we would be starting off with episode 40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Unit24 posted:

I thought the Froppy filler episode was just really bland. It could have been a lot of fun, but instead it was just cookie cutter "what does it mean to be a hero?????" nonsense. I was hoping it would be about various shenanigans going on at all the different internships.

yeah, it wasn't bad or anything it was just kind of there

i'd already forgotten all about it until people started talking about it itt

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/982020053745860608

No same-day dub for episode 1.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Is the idea that the E1 dub is done before E2 is out or is it just they'll get it done in time for home release? Because of the unforgiving pace of the industry?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

All they say is that episode 1 will come dubbed. I'd imagine they'll have it along with episode 2.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
As Shirobako nicely showed us. Multiple episodes are made at the same time and sometimes production issues hit certain episodes but not others.

It's likely that Episode 1 being largely original needed some extra time or it came into existence fairly late in development. Pretty much from the look of the note. The episode is not ready for dubbing and won't be by the time they need to air it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/982320746037788673

I enjoy Tsuyu's old-fashioned 20s striped one piece

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
she’s great, she just smells awful and is caked in grime

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/982320746037788673

I enjoy Tsuyu's old-fashioned 20s striped one piece

Iida you dork.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
why's the biggest nerd also incredibly jacked

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Eej posted:

They're training to be heroes, why wouldn't they work out?

I mean, look at Deku, he's ripped.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Mina should have abs and be kinda ripped since she's by Hori's own words the stongest/most athletic of the girls. The girls body shapes/designs were simplified for animation though which is why they kinda all have the same figures.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Eej posted:

I mean, that's kinda always been his design. Ida's built like Superman.

Being an overachieving nerd and heir to a superhero legacy means you work out like a crazy person.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Eej posted:

iida never skips leg day

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Eej posted:

I mean have you seen what athletes look like

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

bacon flaps posted:

I mean have you seen what athletes look like

I always thought sprinters were lean like runners but a quick google suggests I am wrong

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sprinters are fuckin jacked as hell, they build their bodies for sheer explosive power

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
Running takes your entire body if you're gonna be good at it, yup

And yeah sprinting makes even more sense given his reciproburst and stuff. He is huge amounts of speed in a short amount of time.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

yeah, it wasn't bad or anything it was just kind of there

i'd already forgotten all about it until people started talking about it itt

Productionwise no, the Froppy episode wasn't bad. From an actual story standpoint, it most certainly was. Not only was the episode a retread of an issue that had literally just been covered the episode or two before - far better, at that - but it wasn't an issue Froppy had ever expressed even an ounce of uncertainty about. It was literally anti-character development for her. The situation as presented was also incredibly dumb.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

stop giving the anime staff original episodes jesus christ

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

dogsicle posted:

I have bad news for you.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
On principle I hate fanservice episodes.

But holy hell Iida is jacked.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's a recap episode with filler. It's fine. Beats recap movies.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

dogsicle posted:

Have you never watched an anime based on a long running popular shounen before?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Have you never watched an anime based on a long running popular shounen before?

mha has not been adapted like a typical long-runner and still has plenty of source material, this is disingenuous

and they already proved with the internship filler that they can't carry an entire ep so i'd rather they just not waste the time

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Fabricated posted:

It's a recap episode with filler. It's fine. Beats recap movies.

Also better than the 1.5 recap episodes that started last season.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

dogsicle posted:

mha has not been adapted like a typical long-runner and still has plenty of source material, this is disingenuous

and they already proved with the internship filler that they can't carry an entire ep so i'd rather they just not waste the time

I'm just saying that a whole two anime original eps is not a deal big enough to get annoyed about.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I remember when the anime was still young and tons of people talked about how they'd love mha filler

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm looking forward to silly pool antics.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Futaba Anzu posted:

I remember when the anime was still young and tons of people talked about how they'd love mha filler

The original stuff added to episodes adapting the manga are generally good. It's only the episodes that are fully filler that people aren't so hot on.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

The original stuff added to episodes adapting the manga are generally good. It's only the episodes that are fully filler that people aren't so hot on.

yeah they expanded on a few fights during the sports fest

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Opening music is pretty meh but the visuals are hype as hell.

Ending is also super cute and comfy, and the episode itself is funny and worth a watch.

Terper fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Apr 7, 2018

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Holy poo poo Ida is RIPPED!

SniHjen
Oct 22, 2010

What the hell is this? It's a recap episode, disguised as a beach/pool episode. Whoever wrote this need to get out.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Honestly, if a recap episode every so often is the price we pay for yearly seasons and good pacing for the actual stuff, I'm fine.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Literally anything is better than what One Piece anime devolved into.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Having a recap episode as the first one for season three wasn't great and it was entirely skippable. But to be fair to them it probably is the best place to put it this season and it was a decent spin on the concept so its not a big deal.

I wasn't too fond of the new OP. For some reason I didn't think the song and the visuals matched up and neither were anything special on their own. The ED was pretty good though, nothing on last seasons fantasy AU but still good.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Apr 7, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, the justification is "it's been nearly a year, let's make sure the anime-only watchers and the kids are caught up" and in that way it makes sense.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

SniHjen posted:

What the hell is this? It's a recap episode, disguised as a beach/pool episode. Whoever wrote this need to get out.

Uh, why? If you're gonna write a recap episode, you can certainly do a lot worse than this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also can one really be said to "write" a recap episode?