Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

No fuckin' way she put that sentence together

Hey, Brie is the smart one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can tell they made him say some of these things, because he doesn’t respect the WWE doctors, but mostly it sounds like they let him just say what he wants.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DeathChicken posted:

Which was what I think got Corbin to declare "No you idiot, everyone in the NFL has CTE" and then he got buried

Yeah but Corbin thinks helmets cause concussions or something like that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dango Bango posted:

He's not entirely wrong. Players would naturally protect their head and use better tackling form if they didn't wear them.

Yeah but I’m pretty sure that’s not his reasoning.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s less work.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They can do something fun with a double cash in attempt if Carmella holds it until after next MITB.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fart blood posted:

She won't be able to, the briefcase expires one year after winning it.

Yeah but MITB is like 10 days before the date she won it this year, since she won on Smackdown.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Straight Fire Becky.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

lol first day back and Daniel is doing those dropkicks landing that way

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Crowd too happy to see him fight to react in kayfabe.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

lol they’re going to give $100k to a dog thing that’s not even a real charity.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

I mean. Is Connor's Cure?

Sort of. I think the money really just goes to the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

From what I understand, its not exactly clear where the money goes to, but the fact of the matter is that its pretty much a WWE ran charity. WWE essentially paying themselves $100,000 is really sketchy. Moreso than a dog charity or whatever winning.

Only because they’re framing it as a legitimate contest.

Corporate charities usually only exist so the corporation can give money to it themselves for whatever the tax benefits are.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This crowd was really into the MMC match so hopefully they stay awake here.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, which is why Connor's Cure shouldn't have won. It seems like a legitimate charity, but considering it was set up and is operated by WWE (and even says as much on the page), them winning would raise some serious eyebrows. I think you also have to factor in some backstage politics as well. Miz is apparently in line to get a pretty decent push soon due to his new TV show coming out soon.

But in the end it's not like those are the only two charities in the world. There were other choices.

Stupid fake rear end dogs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So it's gotta be Murphy right?

Tozawa and Kalisto is probably going to be a thing with the other guys, and please no TJP.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cedric’s better anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sure he says that, but that’s what they would say after the fact.

Ali’s going full Bossman at Wrestlemania.

• Locked thread