Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I think that we can all agree that the Magic: the Gathering set Master 25 (A25) was a failure on all accounts. The set wasn't particularly nostalgic, valuable, or even fun to draft. I think that we can honestly crowd source a better set, so let's try it!

Here's what I am thinking: we set up a google doc (coming soon) to compile everything, and then once we have the set maybe trick a few goons into drafting it.

Here are the design constraints with which we will be working:
  • 249 cards (101 common, 80 uncommon, 53 rare, and 15 mythic rare)
  • Reserved List is still observed.
  • Only Evergreen Mechanics plus the following:
    - Cycling
    - Morph (Megamorph apparently also counts here)
    - [Basic Land]cycling
    - [Basic Land]walk
    - Regenerate
    - Protection
  • Rare Land Cycle
  • At least one strictly multicolor card (no hybrid mana) for each of the 10 guilds.
  • Roughly 25 multicolor and 25 colorless cards, not including the Rare land cycle from above.
  • Not Every Money Card Ever
  • Bonus points if we can make some draft archetypes, but that is a distant priority.
  • At least one card from the following sets:
    Early Sets (M)
    Magic 2010 (M10)
    Magic 2011 (M11)
    Magic 2012 (M12)
    Magic 2013 (M13)
    Magic 2014 (M14)
    Magic 2015 (M15)
    Magic Origins (ORI)
    Arabian Nights (ARN)
    Antiquities (ATQ)
    Legends (LEG)
    The Dark (DRK)
    Fallen Empires (FEM)
    Ice Age (ICE)
    Homelands (HML)
    Alliances (ALL)
    Mirage (MIR)
    Visions (VIS)
    Weatherlight (WTH)
    Tempest (TMP)
    Stronghold (STH)
    Exodus (EXO)
    Urza’s Saga (USG)
    Urza’s Legacy (ULG)
    Urza’s Destiny (UDS)
    Mercadian Masques (MMQ)
    Nemesis (NEM)
    Prophecy (PCY)
    Invasion (INV)
    Planeshift (PLS)
    Apocalypse (APC)
    Odyssey (ODY)
    Torment (TOR)
    Judgement (JUD)
    Onslaught (ONS)
    Legions (LGN)
    Scourge (SCG)
    Mirrodin (MRD)
    Darksteel (DST)
    Fifth Dawn (5DN)
    Champions of Kamigawa (CHK)
    Betrayers of Kamigawa (BOK)
    Saviors of Kamigawa (SOK)
    Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)
    Guildpact (GPT)
    Dissension (DIS)
    Coldsnap (CSP)
    Time Spiral (TSP)
    Planar Chaos (PLC)
    Future Sight (FUT)
    Lorwyn (LRW)
    Morningtide (MOR)
    Shadowmoor (SHM)
    Eventide (EVE)
    Shards of Alara (ALA)
    Conflux (CON)
    Alara Reborn (ARB)
    Zendikar (ZEN)
    Worldwake (WWK)
    Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)
    Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)
    Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)
    New Phyrexia (NPH)
    Innistrad (ISD)
    Dark Ascension (DKA)
    Avacyn Restored (AVR)
    Return to Ravnica (RTR)
    Gatecrash (GTC)
    Dragon’s Maze (DGM)
    Theros (THS)
    Born of the Gods (BNG)
    Journey into Nyx (JOU)
    Khans of Tarkir (KTK)
    Fate Reforged (FRF)
    Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)
    Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)
    Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)
    Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)
    Eldritch Moon (EMN)
    Kaladesh (KLD)
    Aether Revolt (AER)
    Amonkhet (AKH)
    Hour of Devastation (HOU)
    Ixalan (XLN)
    Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)
    Portal (POR)
    Portal Second Age (P02)
    Portal Three Kingdoms (PTK)
    Starter 1999 (S99)
    Conspiracy (CNS)
    Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)
    Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)
    Commander (CMD)
    Commander 2013 (C13)
    Commander 2014 (C14)
    Commander 2015 (C15)
    Commander 2016 (C16)
    Commander 2017 (C17)

Here is (I hope) a link to the Google spreadsheet. I will have to figure out an elegant way to include multiple cards of the same rarity be included in the course that for the set, but we can at least start cataloging. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WQf6pPbsC-GYxtEWGU131P3T_uaVPl7dQxADKWCaHEw/edit?usp=drivesdk

Shadow225 fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Mar 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

My initial thoughts are that filling out the common slots will be the most difficult, and filling out the rare slots will be the easiest. As such here are the two approaches I could think to help start.
- Run through the sets and try to grab the easy commons and uncommons to start, fill in the rares, and then look at shifting rarity in order to fill in holes.
- List the iconic cards by set, then fill in the holes afterward.

I would suggest that we hold off on rarity shifting at the onset, but obviously good arguments could be made immediately.

Also, I am not attached to using every set in the above post. I don't know if Starter 1999 was an iconic set or whatever, but if not I would be cool with skipping it.

How do we want to approach this bear?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It's A25. M25 is gonna be the core set in a few years.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

If you're starting with commons and uncommons, there are a lot that are iconic just by their prevalence in standard at the time, or in eternal formats.

Flametongue Kavu
Remand
Imperial Recruiter
Counterspell
LLanowar Elves
Skullclamp

etc

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Harrow
Chimeric Idol
Evil Eye of Orms by Gore
Crystal Vein
Wild Mongrel
The Seal Cycle (from Nemesis)
Mogg Conscripts

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Mar 21, 2018

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
The rare lands should absolutely be the fetches, thus knocking off Onslaught and Zendikar.

M10 should be covered by Doom Blade at common.

While Skullclamp is definitely an iconic uncommon, I don't like it in a format that's meant to be drafted. How about AEther Vial or the Swords for Darksteel?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
To start this conversation: I nominate either the allied painlands or the allied fetchlands for the rare land cycle spot. From my memory the painlands were the premier dual land cycle in early Magic (unless the ABU duals were legal) and fetchlands have had a huge impact on the game since they were introduced in Onslaught. I could go either way on this but I think I know what others will say.

Also I think the LOR planeswalkers have to be in there since PWs have been an important part of the game since their printing, both mechanics-wise and lore-wise. Troll option to print the Gatewatch walkers instead.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
Grizzly Bears
Icy Manipulator
Scaled Wurm
Birds of Paradise
Lord of Atlantis
Lotus Petal
Original Karoo lands
Craw Giant
the ETB tapped mono-color mana rock cycle (charcoal diamond, etc)
the spell shaper cycle
Blastoderm

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Some good submissions here. Can we start including the initial set for bookkeeping?

The Shortest Path posted:

If you're starting with commons and uncommons, there are a lot that are iconic just by their prevalence in standard at the time, or in eternal formats.

Flametongue Kavu
Remand
Imperial Recruiter
Counterspell
LLanowar Elves
Skullclamp

etc

That's a good list.
Imperial Recruiter would be rarity shifted to rare because of the price (that we don't acknowledge!!!!) and also maybe power level.
Skullclamp was a card I was thinking of myself, but it's in that weird space where you probably want it at rare for draft balance, but you don't want to open it as a rare.

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Harrow
Chimeric Idol
Evil Eye of Orms by Gore
Crystal Vein
Wild Mongrel
The Seal Cycle (from Nemesis)
Mogg Conscripts

Another good list. Harrow is a dang good grab.
I am not sure how I would feel about Evil Eye without many walls, but maybe that was part of the appeal?
Wild Mongrel is good, but would probably knock out Grizzly Bears since it's strictly better. Is that an issue if both are at common?
I want to be careful about cycles since we are limited by the number of sets we must allocate cards to, and 5 from a set would be problematic.

Thisuck posted:

Grizzly Bears
Icy Manipulator
Scaled Wurm
Birds of Paradise
Lord of Atlantis
Lotus Petal
Original Karoo lands
Craw Giant
the ETB tapped mono-color mana rock cycle (charcoal diamond, etc)
the spell shaper cycle
Blastoderm

Great list.
Grizzly Bears is one of the cards I was thinking of that would be a slam dunk. Green is the easiest color to grab creatures for, and there are strictly better bears for days, but it's a dang nickname, so we have to keep it imo
Lord of Atlantis is in a weird place in my mind because it is iconic, but do we keep it in with few, if any, other merfolk?
Craw Giant has Rampage, which isn't an evergreen mechanic. That restriction is going to knock out so many other cards (hello Fatal Push and Bloodbraid Elf). I wonder if Wizards would have saved themselves from some flame if they announced that at the onset?
See above for cycles.
Same for Blastoderm, though I can look through again and see if Fading made the cut in their A25.

For my immediate thoughts:

Path to Exile (CON) - It's either this or Swords to Plowshares. I think either would be fine, but they printed Swords in Iconic, so it's this gal's time to shine.
Sakura-Tribe Elder (CHK) - Has this guy been reprinted too many times, or is it still good here?
Grapeshot (TSP) - One of the 4 iconic Storm finishers. If you're going to have Dark Ritual (we're probably going to have Dark Ritual), might as well throw this in.
Gray Ogre (M) - Not a great creature, but we need some red dudes, and this seems iconic.
Boonweaver Giant (M15) - He's a way to enable an aura archetype, and I would argue that he's iconic because of the EDH combos.
Reanimate (TMP) - Has a literal archetype named after it. It's a highly sought card in multiple formats.
Ash Barrens (C16) - Land fixing that hasn't been in a million products. If we keep it, let's keep it at the original printing of common.
Man-o'-War (VIS) - Basically has its own creature archetype, and we're hurting for blue creatures.

Shadow225 fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 21, 2018

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
I'd suggest that while we don't necessarily need draft archetypes, we should consider making sure that we work in several key themes for mechanics that show up across multiple sets. One reason they included some of the creatures they did was because Morph shows up in three different blocks (Onslaught, Time Spiral, Scars). There are probably a couple of others we should consider, such as tribal themes, legends/enchantments/colors/artifacts matter, etc.

Finally I want to make a suggestion for a single addition: Once we're done, I think we should plan/discuss a 25-card Masterpieces set to include, with the stipulation that it include one card published from every year of Magic.

I'm also cool with either painlands or fetches being the cycle of rare lands included in the set.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Grizzly Bear and Gray Ogre I think are bad for two reasons: they're underpowered vanilla creatures that get obsoleted by a bunch of other things which we may want in the set even at common (eg. Wild Mongrel), and they're competing with a LOT of other cards from ABU. Llanowar Elves and Lightning Bolt are much more relevant iconic cards for their respective colors from the original set than Grizzly Bear and Gray Ogre, imo. Also Serra Angel, Sengir Vampire, Shivan Dragon at uncommon, etc.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Jitte.

Yeah, I know, but it's only been printed thrice, once as a Promo, and then in an FTV.

If you're going to hit every set, and major innovations, the most ridiculous equipment should probably be there. You could even argue for it to eat a Mythic slot.

Evil Badman fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 22, 2018

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm totally in favor of Jitte being the Betrayers entrant, but probably at Mythic for limited.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Currently there are 12 cards from ABU in Masters 25, and I think that 12-15 is close to the upper limit for how many you can/should include from ABU.

Current list:
- Armageddon
- Disenchant
- Savannah Lions
- Swords to Plowshares
- Blue Elemental Blast
- Counterspell
- Dark Ritual
- Will-O’-the-Wisp
- Lightning Bolt
- Red Elemental Blast
- Giant Growth
- Regrowth

Cards I think you can just remove from Masters 25 because they aren't interesting enough and are just there to re-use art or for vintage or some poo poo and don't add much limited value:
- Armageddon
- Blue Elemental Blast
- Red Elemental Blast

Cards I think aren't particularly strong and can be replaced by other cards in later sets without anyone getting too upset:
- Savannah Lions -> Replace with Elite Vanguard from M10. Functionally the same but there are bound to be more Soldiers in white, so this gives us more synergy
- Swords to Plowshares -> Replace with Path to Exile from Conflux. It's a better version from a play standpoint, because it has a more interesting drawback, and it's also got Modern value. Plus, it gives us a better Conflux card and we can use the sweet Rebecca Guay art for our version
- Will-O'-the-Wisp -> Replace with any black creature you want, really. I don't think people care too much about this one. Sengir Vampire is fine here

Wrath of God also kind of falls into this category too--I think we can replace it with Damnation from Planar Chaos and/or Day of Judgment from Zendikar to get more variety without losing much.

Thoughts on the other classics:
- Serra Angel: I think we can probably look at some other angels to replace her, like Baneslayer or Restoration Angel, if only because that gives us more cards from other sets.
- Shivan Dragon: This guy could go at uncommon, but I think Bogardan Hellkite is probably the big red dragon we want in the set. Though I'm open to other suggestions--Thundermaw Dragon from M13 is another solid competitor.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Here's a list of the A25 stuff sorted by original printing, which is helpful:

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/81t6cz/list_of_masters_25_cards_by_watermark/

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.
So I'm currently looking through Innistrad Block for iconic Commons/Uncommons.

So really its a question of choose 1:
Ambush Viper - unique Green Uncommon
Claustrophobia - blue removal. Has been reprinted before.
Dead Weight - =2/=2 black removal. Enchantment, if you kinda want a WB enchantment archetype.
Prey Upon - The OG fight card.
Ghost Quarter
Intangible virtue - Tokens obvs.
Invisible Stalker - it's iconic, although perhaps too powerful.
Naturalize - this is more to put Naturalize forward than to suggest it for Innistrad, but it should probably be in.
Smite the Monstrous - maybe obsolete with Path to Exile. Also reprintible somewhere else.
Traveler's Amulet -The first printing for okay fixing
Typhoid Rats - also a first printing, but Typhoid rats are a mainstay of draft.
Village Bell-Ringer - Much like Ambush Viper, a weird card that hasn't been reprinted.
Walking Corpse - Available for Magic 2014/2015. Black bears. Not sure if they should be here, but for the sake of completeness.

Innistrad has a number of 'iconic' pickups that fit the criteria.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I feel like the only ones on that list that are iconic are Ghost Quarter, Invisible Stalker, and Typhoid Rats. Maybe Village Bell-Wringer too if we also include Kiki or Twin for draft synergy?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I think we should include Prey Upon, since that was the debut of "fight" as an actual Magic term.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
^^^ agreed on Prey Upon.

Commons/Uncommons that I think should stay in, that are already in Masters 25 (does not include multicolor/artifact/land):

White:
- Auramancer (Odyssey)
- Fiend Hunter (Innistrad)
- Loyal Sentry (Portal)
- Pacifism (Mirage)

Blue:
- Brainstorm (Ice Age)
- Man-o'-War (Visions)
- Merfolk Looter (Exodus)

Black
- Ihsan's Shade (Homelands)
- Murder (M13)
- Ravenous Chupacabra (Rivals of Ixalan)

Red:
- Jackal Pup (Tempest)
- Pillage (Alliances)

Green:
- Plummet (M11)
- Rancor (Urza's Legacy)
- WIldheart Invoker (Rise of the Eldrazi)

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah that makes sense given how relevant fight is nowadays.

I think one of either Doom Blade or Go for the Throat would be better than Murder. Should also definitely include Chupacabra instead of whatever junk we got from Rivals. Apparently it HAD chupacabra, so that's something. That's definitely a keeper.

Mulldrifter is the quintessential common from Lorwyn imo. Also Looter Il-Kor from Time Spiral, since blue common creatures are hard.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 22, 2018

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

Yeah that makes sense given how relevant fight is nowadays.

I think one of either Doom Blade or Go for the Throat would be better than Murder. Should also definitely include Chupacabra instead of whatever junk we got from Rivals.

Mulldrifter is the quintessential common from Lorwyn imo. Also Looter Il-Kor from Time Spiral, since blue common creatures are hard.

We did actually did get Chups, but I agree on Doom Blade or GftT and I can get behind either one. Maybe Ultimate Price?

As much as I'm in agreement about Mulldrifter and Looter (Iove them both), we can't use Evoke or Shadow.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Oh poo poo I didn't even think of that. They really handicapped themselves with the mechanics restriction, huh? There are so, so many cards that want to be in this set but can't because they make dumb rules for themselves.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Commons/Uncommons that I think should stay in, that are already in Masters 25 (does not include multicolor/artifact/land):
White:
- Fiend Hunter (Innistrad)

I kind of prefer Oblivion Ring, since I think it's more iconic, which is why i didn't include Fiend Hunter in the list. And Prey Upon is obviously frontrunner for Innistrad inclusion.

Dark Ascension & Avacyn Restored

These are included together because Dark Ascension was a small set, and Avacyn Restored was terrible. Like, Original A45 Terrible.

Dark Ascension
Evolving Wilds
Divination -
Griptide
Nephalia Seakite
Thought Scour

Avacyn Restored
Blood Artist
Favorable Winds
Ghostly Flicker
Pillar of Flame?

AVN was sooo bad. it's probably easier to find a good rare in Restoration Angel, although obviously that's the kind of thing that creates a reprint full of all the expensive cards.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Blood Artist is a great choice and I'd love to see us downshift it to common for Pauper.

Favorable Winds would be good if we did a flying theme (Thunderclap Wyvern at uncommon?) I don't know about Flicker.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Some Numbers posted:

Blood Artist is a great choice and I'd love to see us downshift it to common for Pauper.

Favorable Winds would be good if we did a flying theme (Thunderclap Wyvern at uncommon?) I don't know about Flicker.

I think Blood Artist is the play as well. Not going to speak on if it should be downshifted.

EDIT: Return to Ravnica has Ultimate Price, but I think the most iconic card from it (that doesn't have non-evergreen keywords) would be Goblin Electromancer, really.

Torchlighter fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Mar 22, 2018

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Torchlighter posted:

I kind of prefer Oblivion Ring, since I think it's more iconic, which is why i didn't include Fiend Hunter in the list. And Prey Upon is obviously frontrunner for Innistrad inclusion.

Dark Ascension & Avacyn Restored

These are included together because Dark Ascension was a small set, and Avacyn Restored was terrible. Like, Original A45 Terrible.

Dark Ascension
Evolving Wilds
Divination -
Griptide
Nephalia Seakite
Thought Scour

Avacyn Restored
Blood Artist
Favorable Winds
Ghostly Flicker
Pillar of Flame?

AVN was sooo bad. it's probably easier to find a good rare in Restoration Angel, although obviously that's the kind of thing that creates a reprint full of all the expensive cards.

I think the set can include Fiend Hunter and ORing, but that's fair.

Avacyn Restored was bad, but we can include Blood Artist and Resto Angel and call it a day there. Also, Masters 25 included Cloudshift, but I'd just as soon swap that out for Momentary Blink

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Torchlighter posted:

Return to Ravnica has Ultimate Price, but I think the most iconic card from it (that doesn't have non-evergreen keywords) would be Goblin Electromancer, really.

Abrupt Decay or Dreadbore?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Comedy options: Cancel for Time Spiral and Kami of Ancient Law for Kamigawa.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Some Numbers posted:

Dreadbore is a great card, but might be weird if we end up not having any planeswalkers in the set. Terminate might be a better include, and would be either common or uncommon

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 22, 2018

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Some Numbers posted:

I'm only looking at Uncommons/commons. does mean I miss a lot of rares.

Some Numbers posted:

Comedy options: Cancel for Time Spiral and Kami of Ancient Law for Kamigawa.

Kami of Ancient Law did get reprinted in a Modern Masters.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Oh I forgot you were focusing on non-rares. Yeah, Ultimate Price is good call for RTR at that point.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.
Gatecrash

Hmmm, not a lot here. Multicolour small sets are obviously a tough one, since they have a lot going on, and Ravnica has so many mechanics in it that there's only a small group that hit the criteria, and most of them are bad.

But there's some that provide unique effects that aren't evergreen.

Burning-Tree Emissary
Cartel Aristocrat
Crowned Ceratok
Foundry Street Denizen
Madcap Skills
Prophetic Prism
Gift of Orzhova
Truefire Paladin
Rapid Hybridization
Wight of Precinct Six, maybe

Rares actually do have some variety.

Angelic Skirmisher
Boros Reckoner
Duskmantle Seer?
Obzedat, Ghost Council

For my mind, it's Madcap Skills and Boros Reckoner as the Iconic cards, Gatecrash was an aggro set.

EDIT: Gatecrash Card was Totally Lost? Of course it was, WOTC bought into the Fblthp meme.

Also I'm okay with Notion Thief from Dragon''s Maze.

Torchlighter fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Mar 22, 2018

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kami of Ancient Law is legit a good limited card and probably one of the better commons from Kamigawa since we can't use anything that cares about arcane.

Maybe Council of the Soratami, since it predates Divination? And Sakura-Tribe Elder ofc

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 22, 2018

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Torchlighter posted:

Gatecrash

Hmmm, not a lot here. Multicolour small sets are obviously a tough one, since they have a lot going on, and Ravnica has so many mechanics in it that there's only a small group that hit the criteria, and most of them are bad.
Gatecrash is actually a large set.

quote:

Gift of Orzhova
Truefire Paladin
Yes and yes!

quote:

Also I'm okay with Notion Thief from Dragon''s Maze.
This is probably fine.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Here is (I hope) a link to the Google spreadsheet. I will have to figure out an elegant way to include multiple cards of the same rarity be included in the course that for the set, but we can at least start cataloging. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WQf6pPbsC-GYxtEWGU131P3T_uaVPl7dQxADKWCaHEw/edit?usp=drivesdk

If I have accidentally doxxed myself, someone please be a bro and let me know so I can do damage control ha

Shadow225 fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Mar 22, 2018

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

You'll need to give us editing access.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I don't think there's a way to remove my name unfortunately, but try that.

Let's use the prospective sheet for now. If a set had multiple cards, insert a row under it to fill in the appropriate spot, and we will deal with the counts later.

I should also figure out a way to count colors and types for balancing as well. Maybe tomorrow.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I'm in. Do we have a discord?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I think to start what we should be looking for at is iconic cards from each set and ensuring that each one is something that when a player looks at them they should instantly be able to go "Oh that's from X" and be within the correct block without looking at the watermark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Gridlocked posted:

I think to start what we should be looking for at is iconic cards from each set and ensuring that each one is something that when a player looks at them they should instantly be able to go "Oh that's from X" and be within the correct block without looking at the watermark.

Somewhat difficult with certain cards, for example naturalize. Format allstays would preferably fill the M10 through M2015 slots as cards tgat'never really had a block to be iconic, but were important and useful cards anyway.

Born of the Gods and Journey into Nyx had eidolan of the great revel and courser of Kruphix as their picks, while Theros had Bident of Thassa, which was part of a cycle. Possible substitutions include Titan's strength, which is a common, but is a solid red combat trick, or at rare, maybe prophet of kruphix? Theros has a fair few legendaries as well, so for example, Daxos could be an option. But there's a lot of heroic and monsterous running around.

(So close, Stormbreath Dragon)

• Locked thread