Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Its normal for frost to accumulate on those, as they get super cold. I'd be more worried about the known compressor issues.

Very few auto-manufacturers insulate those lines anymore.

The block of aluminum you see is the connectors for the evaporator coil inside the cabin, so yeah one line should be frosty cold, and the other semi-warm to hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

Its normal for frost to accumulate on those, as they get super cold.

I had a feeling- I mean, a cold thing, in a damp environment, seems super likely it'd get some frost on it.

I just didn't know definitively. Thanks.

And yes, the compressor issues are somewhat terrifying. I can't suss out if a new clutch can remedy the issue, or if it's a compressor AND clutch thing.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

So my 2018 Civic has started making this chirping noise. It only happens when the AC is running, and occurs every few minutes for 10 seconds or so.

It’s not super loud (basically if I have the ran running at any level higher than minimum, or have the radio on, it’s inaudible)

My dealer has been worthless (first claiming that they can’t replicate it, then saying that it’s the turbocharger spinning up. It isn’t.)

How concerned should I be? The AC system is heating/cooling just fine other than the noise.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Sounds like the drive belt might be slipping sometimes when the compressor kicks on?

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Yeah, it kind of sounds like a belt loving up rather than a leak or something.

It also only happens when I’m driving around. Putting the car in park and popping the hood to get a better idea of where the sound is coming from yields nothing. Also, aggresive driving seems to agrivate it.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Rock My Socks! posted:

Yeah, it kind of sounds like a belt loving up rather than a leak or something.

It also only happens when I’m driving around. Putting the car in park and popping the hood to get a better idea of where the sound is coming from yields nothing. Also, aggresive driving seems to agrivate it.

Yeah, sounds like you just need a belt replacement. While the car is very new, manufacturing defects happen on belts. See if they'll put it on the lift and inspect/replace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Thanks guys, that sounds better than the compressor making GBS threads itself a few months down the line, conveneintly right after the warranty expires.

• Locked thread