Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The compressor in my 08 P71 is starting to get...tick-y. Making tick-tick-tick sounds when its running. At first I thought it was something stuck in the radiator fan, but only happens with the A/C on.

I have no idea if it's always been that way, or if I've just started to notice because I've been out in the heat and leaving the cabin of the car with the car still idling to do things like pick up Amazon Locker packages, whereas I used to shut the car off. But now I'm worried and that worry won't go away :ohdear: I replaced the serpentine a few months ago but I think that's unrelated.

(I know it's the compressor because I can shut the AC off but keep the blower fan going, and listen to the compressor slowly get quieter as the noise fades).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

TrueChaos posted:

I know what to replace now!

Everything.

• Locked thread