Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Man, I miss the days when games would do whatever the gently caress they wanted.

That said, Survival Horror and JRPGs go together pretty well. Hell, the first survival horror game ever made was a JRPG. (Sweet Home on the NES)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

get that OUT of my face posted:

I take back what I said about the flawed voice acting after watching that summary video. Bessy comes off as a great (faux-)concerned lady of the house while Koudelka is dripping with a "told you so" tone while Edward is in pain from poison. It helps that they acted these scenes out before putting them in the game, instead of just putting them in a recording booth.

Sounds like they never used a recording booth at all and just used boom mics during the mo-cap sessions; you can hear clothes rustle and shoes click as they move, and voices get lost a bit when actors turn away from the mic.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Yo, if the update is just transcribing the video, would you be so kind as to put the video at the top of the post?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Robindaybird posted:

I admit, I wonder how Patrick managed to find a slave trader as the practice would've been outlawed over over 80 years, and the indentured servitude that's virtually the same as slavery would raise other issues. but can't let details get in the way of a good story.

Just because something's illegal doesn't mean people stop doing it. Hell, there's estimated to be more slaves today than there was during the height of the slave trade.

The Dark Id posted:

The cauldron must be filled with the freshest blood and fresh.

Sure you didn't mean "flesh"?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
between this and Castlevania 64, I wonder why gothic horror games love to give you bombs you can't run with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I think the only game I believe ID when he says he won't LP it is Xenosaga.

• Locked thread