Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I have never heard of this game and I can't wait to see where this goes :munch:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mokinokaro posted:

This is a rather... interesting game.

Shame you understandably put the kibosh on doing the Shadow Hearts games because while 1+2 are good but weird jrpgs the third is exactly your kind of trainwreck. I highly recommend SH1 + 2 if folks like the themes and universe of this game during the LP.

Either way looking forward to your take on the rest of THIS game as it definitely goes places

I've played most of Shadow Hearts: From the New World, and I wouldn't call it a trainwreck. I'd call it a drugged-out voyage of wonder and madness :lsd:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Really Pants posted:

I'm so blessed to not have any fans

Speaking of, seeing as it's probably most of the same people who lurked in the Nier Automata LP thread here; VideoGames (the mod) has made a Nier Automata gang tag.

SelenicMartian posted:

Don't forget the boob jiggle.

Hey now, the long transformation sequences with full-body panning shots are pertinent to the plot at large because they define Shania's character and :goonsay:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

quote:

Old European beliefs attribute great powers to a Hand of Glory combined with a candle made from fat from the corpse of the same malefactor who died on the gallows. The candle so made, lighted, and placed (as if in a candlestick) in the Hand of Glory, would have rendered motionless all persons to whom it was presented. The process for preparing the hand and the candle are described in 18th century documents, with certain steps disputed due to difficulty in properly translating phrases from that era. The concept inspired short stories and poems in the 19th century.

Seeing someone wave about a candle made from a dead man's hand and fat would leave any sane man motionless. Mainly in the hope that the candle-wielder doesn't notice them and goes somewhere else with their burning corpse fat.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RandomMagus posted:

The Wind Crystal in the secret boss battle in Super Mario RPG was also Green like this Wind Seeker. Maybe green for wind is a thing in Japan?

Wind is green magic in a lot of JRPG's, it's not really a rare thing. Shin Megami Tensei and Persona games are good examples.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Glazius posted:

Whoof. A boss which will boot you back an entire disc if it kills you? What a strange artifact of the time. How many generations did disc issues end up lasting, anyhow? Like, two?

Most multi-disc games save on disc change for a bunch of precautionary reasons. This is just a unique Koudelka flavour of mean-spirited difficulty.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Given the torture, only monk we're likely to see is Torquemada.

Nobody expects... Th-Mel Brooks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnF1OtP2Svk

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DukeofCA posted:

Koudelka's frustrated foot-stomp when she can't open the door is priceless.

Don't forget the little frustrated kick at the door :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Night10194 posted:

I'm surprised his age actually makes sense for a Catholic bishop.

Well the Catholic church has had issues with younger members.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

NGDBSS posted:

He probably just figured out the simple variant that only needs three small sticks and 4 cc of mouse blood.

You forgot the dribbly candles! :colbert:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Speedball posted:

The Emigre Document probably fails to deliver on the ressurections because it's ancient knowledge. Nobody ever updated it.

Patch Notes 20,000.450.003
- Tweaked requirements, ritual now requires 2/3rds the previous sacrifices.
- Improved blood processing.
- fixed "Wandering Ghosts" bug. Damned souls and monsters to be fixed in next build.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arkanumzilong posted:

The name edward kelley is familiar to me, not from history itself, but from another game I played recently...
Is he weaboo gerralt from nioh?

Are you thinking of Edward Kenway from Assassins Creed, by any chance?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Robindaybird posted:

The series does slide lighter in tone, with Covenant managing to balance the Horror-Comedy pretty well, while From the New World is scorned for veering too much on the silliness.

From the New World doesn't so much veer into silliness as drive full-throttle through silliness and into bizarre from the far side. I'm quite fond of it, though I acknowledge it careens pretty far off the rails.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DGM_2 posted:

"If I can just drink enough, liver failure will kill me before the monsters do!"

"Evil shhhpirits? *hic* I'm FULL of Spiritssshhh, so they can... they can't do SSSHIT to meee!"

*throws bottle at his own shadow*

"Sssshee.... shEEE... sssshit... seee?!"

*falls over, vomits, passes out stone cold*

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jun 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
They chose... poorly.

• Locked thread