Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bina posted:

Kendra from Dragula had a horrible accident at one of her shows. If anyone wants to help her out, I think there are links on Instagram or FB for recovery :cry:

There are some squeamish images on her Instagram.

Here's the GoFundMe link and yeah, the injuries are pretty bad.

Second degree burns to the entire lower half of her face which happened during a fire stunt in a live show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Down at Austin international drag festival again. It's turning into a lower budget shitshow every year. However, all of camp Wannakiki was there. A couple notes:

1. I was amazed by their performances. The sugarbakers are very, very talented drag queens. Dear Ruthie is actually ripped. Like solid muscle, which was surprising.

2. Alexis bevels KILLED it. Came out and did an amazing act.

3. Kevvie came out, didn't really lip sync and then tried to hug every member of the audience. It was very bad.

4. I was hanging out in the hotel bar and ended up hanging out with Alexis. She's a sweetheart. Her partner is amazing though. Dixie Lynn Cartwright stole my heart with that dry rear end wit and we had a few beers later.

5. Day drag showcase? Ok. Not a bad idea.

Letting children in? Terrible idea. All of the queens were actively uncomfortable.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Nov 18, 2018

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Peppermint and Jiggly were both on SNL last night in a sketch about a gay GPS app called GP YASS

One of the benefits of having gay comedian writers on staff like Julio Torres and Bowen Yang.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

That makes four? Queens on SNL so far.

- Vivacious and Yuhua (pre-casting) were part of the Katy Perry performance a couple of years ago
- Peppermint and Jiggly last night.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

They also did that skit while S9 was airing, which called out Trinity's killer tuck. No queens in that skit tho.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I probably watch that Chris pine sketch once a week bc it’s a pitch perfect rendition of me meeting another straight dude and feeling out how obsessed we are with the show to each other before we bro out about it

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I probably watch that Chris pine sketch once a week bc it’s a pitch perfect rendition of me meeting another straight dude and feeling out how obsessed we are with the show to each other before we bro out about it

This information means I have to kill you for calling me bitch

You're allowed only so much participation in homosexual behavior buster

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I thought it was a three strike system but now I say it out loud that sounds very straight

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

*in a voice akin to a male yoga instructor up on multiple sex pest charges* no I meant it in a fun way, like bitch please

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Everybody knows three strikes are from baseball, which, as a sport, no gay person has ever voluntarily come into contact with.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

curiousTerminal posted:

Everybody knows three strikes are from baseball, which, as a sport, no gay person has ever voluntarily come into contact with.

excuse me, gay people are very into dodgeball and beach volleyball and maybe another sport or two I can't think of immediately

tennis?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Cricket is strictly asexual and I won’t hear anything to the contrary

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Well, obviously, no Englishman has ever had sex, that's why the entire country is Like That.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

curiousTerminal posted:

Did you know there is another Billy Beane? When does he get a movie?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

curiousTerminal posted:

the legions of gay softball leagues would beg to differ

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

And beg they shall.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Coming up on the end of S7 now and it's funny noticing how Violet's friendship is a touch of death. First Miss Fame and then Katya. Also Ginger is basically a lesser Eureka in every way: smaller, less funny and not as good at being fake as hell to "play the game" to garner sympathy from the judges.

curiousTerminal posted:

Well, obviously, no Englishman has ever had sex, that's why the entire country is Like That.

full of pedophiles?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Eej posted:

Coming up on the end of S7 now and it's funny noticing how Violet's friendship is a touch of death. First Miss Fame and then Katya. Also Ginger is basically a lesser Eureka in every way: smaller, less funny and not as good at being fake as hell to "play the game" to garner sympathy from the judges.

i think Ginger is ten times funnier than Eureka. her "Eggs Eggs Eggs" song is pretty classic and she always delivers good theatrical nonsense. it sucks how mired in bitterness and bullshit drama she got as the season went on though

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

iirc ginger was really likeable and slayed but then I watched untucked after the finale and all of a sudden she was the villain

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I loved Ginger, and my gut says she wasn't really much more bitter than anyone else on that season but got the shaft in the edit. She had comedic timing, she could turn looks and bitch could act. But I think Ru and the show wanted the "new drag is valid" thing to be a cornerstone of the season (6/7 was really where RPDR broke into the mainstream and got much more attention on FB/Instagram/Snapchat etc and a young winner who could be a rolemodel to them was good timing)

I think the theory "they didn't want another comedy winner" after Bianca AND Jinkx holds water too, the last look-oriented winner before Violet was Raja (or Sharon but she has a very specific gimmick)

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

tote up a bags posted:

I loved Ginger, and my gut says she wasn't really much more bitter than anyone else on that season but got the shaft in the edit. She had comedic timing, she could turn looks and bitch could act. But I think Ru and the show wanted the "new drag is valid" thing to be a cornerstone of the season (6/7 was really where RPDR broke into the mainstream and got much more attention on FB/Instagram/Snapchat etc and a young winner who could be a rolemodel to them was good timing)

I think the theory "they didn't want another comedy winner" after Bianca AND Jinkx holds water too, the last look-oriented winner before Violet was Raja (or Sharon but she has a very specific gimmick)

Well, Ginger also teamed up with Kennedy and Jasmine to form the Mean Old Lady Gang, deciding that they were the only 3 that season with any talent. They only benefited from getting booted before Ginger, leaving her as the sole member of their gang at the end.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Which is always funny to me b/c Ginger is the same age as Fame.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
with the success of Dragula and Camp Wannakiki, when is somebody going to pay for a drag version of American Idol hosted by Ada Vox

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

Nihonniboku posted:

Peppermint and Jiggly were both on SNL last night in a sketch about a gay GPS app called GP YASS

One of the benefits of having gay comedian writers on staff like Julio Torres and Bowen Yang.

Also Tempest Dujour, our stock photo queen

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

curiousTerminal posted:

lesbians do read this thread you know!!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I think they’re making fun of me and I should know better, all of the gay people I met until I was old enough to drink were through softball

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I think they’re making fun of me and I should know better, all of the gay people I met until I was old enough to drink were through softball

that's all lies perpetrated by the cishet media, no gay man cares about or plays sports* and every lesbian plays rugby which is actually how they reproduce (via scrum)

*other than figure skating and occasionally diving and tennis

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Pellisworth posted:

every lesbian plays rugby

Oh thats why they call it that

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
They have a Dykes vs. Divas softball match in Halifax most Prides, it's entertaining, to say the least.

https://globalnews.ca/video/4359878/halifax-pride-wraps-up-2018-event-with-annual-dykes-vs-divas-softball-game

"Spectators have been warned if they are looking for a high-quality softball game they may leave disappointed."

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

angerbeet posted:

They have a Dykes vs. Divas softball match in Halifax most Prides, it's entertaining, to say the least.

https://globalnews.ca/video/4359878/halifax-pride-wraps-up-2018-event-with-annual-dykes-vs-divas-softball-game

"Spectators have been warned if they are looking for a high-quality softball game they may leave disappointed."

That sounds fun enough to almost make me want to go to Halifax.

But lmao like I'm leaving the west coast to go to loving Nova Scotia

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Willam's album has been pulled from a lot of services and this makes me a sad gay.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

esperterra posted:

Willam's album has been pulled from a lot of services and this makes me a sad gay.

Derrick's revenge!!!!

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Why pulled

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ICHIBAHN posted:

Why pulled

Probably getting dinged for copyright on the parodies due to ~algorithms~ despite being fair use.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
According to his Patreon it's a copyright issue with the album title.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Via a friends-of-friends situation, I’ve been hanging out with Jinkx Monsoon’s Nana this Thanksgiving.

We’ve been hanging out and watching Fraiser all evening.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Nemo posted:

According to his Patreon it's a copyright issue with the album title.

Now That's What I Call Some Bullshit

caligulamprey posted:

Via a friends-of-friends situation, I’ve been hanging out with Jinkx Monsoon’s Nana for Thanksgiving.

We’ve been hanging out and watching Fraiser all evening.

That sounds cozy and awesome.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Just noticed that all the promo stuff for AS4 purposely avoids using any footage of Gia looking dudely which is nice of Ru

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004
If you're ever in Bangkok, Pangina hosts a wild biweekly show at Maggie Choo's. Last time I was there three other DRT alums showed up (Jaja, Annie May, B Ella) and unlike in America you can get right up close and dance with them drunkenly. Which I may have done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Did anyone watch the Simpsons episode with Ru and Raja this week?

• Locked thread