Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

garthoneeye posted:

Was that a gently caress of shame that you forgot or a gently caress of shame that you remembered?

Remembered. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Propaganda Machine posted:

Dad drag and comedy would be a great mini challenge. This show loves bad puns.

Yes, drag funnies for a bad daddy

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
"You look like you need some support."

"I got these melons and I just don't know what to do with them!"

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
The first season of DRT was so loving good.I still don't like Uncle but it was a justifiable decision at least I can't wait for next season and I really hope some of these queens make it to RuPaul's Drag Race. JaJa on All Stars or p'Pan Pan as a guest judge???

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

big black turnout posted:

The first season of DRT was so loving good.I still don't like Uncle but it was a justifiable decision at least I can't wait for next season and I really hope some of these queens make it to RuPaul's Drag Race. JaJa on All Stars or p'Pan Pan as a guest judge???

Jaja is a good choice since she does English, but they kind of all do. I think Dearis and Année deserve a shot at All Stars for sure, or even just a regular season. Once upon a time, part of the grand prize for Austria's Next Top Model was an instant spot in the German version; something like that could work.

I never ever liked Uncle, and I still don't, but the win...was...justified. He was the only one who put much effort into the background display, and he put on a show. It was the sort of perfect that I find distasteful. Both Dearis and Année felt like they put more heart into it. Uncle just knows how to win at life.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pellisworth posted:

I love Pangina and could watch her endlessly

She just has so much presence and charisma, she instantly drew my eye every time she appeared on screen

Edit: THOSE SPLITS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkWhf89TJ5c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_AjsirLt0A&t=264s

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

She just has so much presence and charisma, she instantly drew my eye every time she appeared on screen

Edit: THOSE SPLITS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkWhf89TJ5c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_AjsirLt0A&t=264s

That was 2013 Panpan!

She's had five years to get better since then.

And now she can do THESE SPLITS.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZgH7UCBJI2/?hl=en

Also, the DRT final challenge is how Drag Race final episodes should be. They give the top three dancers a stage and dancers and say "Go nuts. Pick a song and let's see what you can do."

And it was amazing. It's the best "This is what I could do as a superstar" challenge ever.

And those loving judges and their looks. Oh my God.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 10, 2018

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
Did you all see that Tyra is banned from Dragcon for making threats against PhiPhi and Tatianna?

Tatianna is spilling tea on twitter. link
https://twitter.com/TATIANNANOW/status/983736705399316481?s=19

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Season 2 drama is the gift that keeps on giving, and this is part of why it's the best season imo.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Tyra is boring

edit:

quote:

As of 2018, Ross works at an Amazon packing warehouse.

At the risk of being a shady bitch, if you're working at an Amazon warehouse during the daytime your drag career is probably... not so hot.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 10, 2018

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

First look is out, I love that they're doing the ball this early.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

tbf it doesn't mean there won't be a top 5 or 4 one. Season 3 did a 3 look ball 3 times lol.

I do like them pulling one this early tho. I miss when the show had more design challenges and we've had two in four episodes.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pellisworth posted:

At the risk of being a shady bitch, if you're working at an Amazon warehouse during the daytime your drag career is probably... not so hot.

Yeah, apparently none of the other queens will work with her because she is just as hostile to everyone as she was on season 2, and apparently even more so with these death threats. It's a matter of owning up to your own behavior and working on changing yourself. It's been close to a decade and she still acts this way.

This all apparently started with a tweet that PhiPhi made last September saying that Raven was robbed of the crown in season 2 (which of course she was, and it's not the first time that this has been said). But it all blew up, culminating into what we have here.

Even PhiPhi has had a major career turnaround (arguably). She was having trouble getting booked because she was mean to the other queens, and was rude and messy when doing club appearances. I remember after season 3, she was hired to perform at Cobalt here in DC, and agreed to do a meet and greet. There was a big local gay uproar because she showed up late, stayed backstage getting drunk with her entourage until it was time to perform, and left immediately.

Her reputation got to the point where it was getting in the way of having a career, so she faced her problems and reinvented herself.

I still don't like PhiPhi, but Tyra could really take some lessons from her.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I can understand some of Tyra's hostility, her only claim to fame is she 'robbed' Raven and people still won't let her live it down/routinely poo poo on her win to this day. Buuuuuut she's always been a bitch.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

esperterra posted:

I can understand some of Tyra's hostility, her only claim to fame is she 'robbed' Raven and people still won't let her live it down/routinely poo poo on her win to this day. Buuuuuut she's always been a bitch.

i think its the difference between making being a hoity toity bitch part of your brand, and actually being pleasant and professional to work with. given that its entirely her peers always calling her out, she must have crossed a few lines with a fair few of em.

what i guess im saying is, bring her back for the next all star season ru!

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Nihonniboku posted:

(which of course she was, and it's not the first time that this has been said)

Rewatch season 2 and especially the final lipsync. She may be unbearable but she outperformed Raven in so many ways. (She's UNT)

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

tote up a bags posted:

Rewatch season 2 and especially the final lipsync. She may be unbearable but she outperformed Raven in so many ways. (She's UNT)

I hated Tyra when I first watched season 2, but after watching again I completely agree. Tyra owned season 2 especially if you only count what the judges saw.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

twistedbutterfly posted:

Did you all see that Tyra is banned from Dragcon for making threats against PhiPhi and Tatianna?

Tatianna is spilling tea on twitter. link
https://twitter.com/TATIANNANOW/status/983736705399316481?s=19

Tyra and Tatianna's ongoing problems with each other were the best part of S2.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i don't think Raven was robbed in S2, she was pretty intermittently great and was pretty shakey at the start. a lot of Tyra's looks (that loving wedding gown) are just insane. Raven was definitely robbed in AS1, though. the last episode comic book superhero look is the most bullshit decision in a tv show full of shennanigans.

but it's hard to hold that against a lovely pro like Chad Michaels so i lay the blame at Ru's step. anyways let's revisit this gem, as an preview of Tatianna's charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TICsuDUO5qA

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

alf_pogs posted:

i don't think Raven was robbed in S2, she was pretty intermittently great and was pretty shakey at the start. a lot of Tyra's looks (that loving wedding gown) are just insane. Raven was definitely robbed in AS1, though. the last episode comic book superhero look is the most bullshit decision in a tv show full of shennanigans.

but it's hard to hold that against a lovely pro like Chad Michaels so i lay the blame at Ru's step. anyways let's revisit this gem, as an preview of Tatianna's charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TICsuDUO5qA

Blocked :(

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

:( and i thought australia had it bad.

it was just the classic S2 runway

"I don't think that you're seeing that Tyra's a complete bitch"
"Well that was frank"
"Thankyou"

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Tati :30bux: was :30bux: robbed

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Tati :30bux: was :30bux: robbed

hahahahaha it really is the gift that keeps giving

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

esperterra posted:

Season 2 drama is the gift that keeps on giving

And it's all packed and delivered by Amazon, apparently.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CaptainScraps posted:

That was 2013 Panpan!

She's had five years to get better since then.

And now she can do THESE SPLITS.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZgH7UCBJI2/?hl=en

I'm going to need someone to draw me a diagram or something to explain how that's even loving possible, I can't even

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

preview for tomorrow's ep is here!

http://www.vh1.com/news/356001/monique-confronts-mayhem-drag-race-sneak-peek/

monique vs mayhem is drama that i don't really care about, but it's good to know that there's enough sass and bitchiness to carry the season on once the Vixen and Aquaria implode. i still love Monique's crazy expressive eyebrows.

monet xchange wants to show ru "what's poppin" - might indicate she's either gonna win a challenge (which would be great!! i want a season where every queen can win a challenge and there's some actual competition!) or she's headed for the bottom this episode.

the minichallenge doesn't bring many lols, but "you're like a bonus jonas aren't you" is a pretty great ru-ism. also PIT CREW ALUMNI! love it.

'last ball on earth' is a good multiple-look runway. and because it's a glorious 90 minutes, we'll ideally get plenty of critiques and runway time. this season is good. i am living!

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Is there a way to pay something legal to watch Drag Race Thailand in the US yet? I can't really get Dailymotion working on my roku TV and oh my god I just watched the first 15 minutes of episode 1.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Whalley posted:

Is there a way to pay something legal to watch Drag Race Thailand in the US yet? I can't really get Dailymotion working on my roku TV and oh my god I just watched the first 15 minutes of episode 1.

Probably not, especially if you don't speak thai, since the only subtitles available for it are fan subs.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I guess Monet X Change was a fan of Lightning Returns??

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I loved this little Tweet and response.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I loving love it :allears:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

:siren:W E R K:siren:

e: 30 plus minutes of costume building! Ru in the workroom! :allears:

e: And then in the LSFYL a splits fakeout!!! LIFE!

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 13, 2018

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Bleh, I was not as impressed with Aquaria's outfits as the judges were. especially the last one.

e: ^^^ that was excellent

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

So I'm gonna take as Vixen literally sat in front of her tv screen, watched all the seasons and took notes.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Soooo UK drag race is happening! Premiering in June! Hosted by...Piers Morgan?! Uhhhh what?

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/04/01/piers-morgan-to-host-uk-version-of-rupauls-drag-race/

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Check the date of that post.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Nemo posted:

Check the date of that post.

Oh my god dammit. I heard it on Throwing Shade and then I looked online and I didn't even check the god drat date! It me! I am the April Fool!

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
P'Art's whale-eating-a-ship-from-below look is the loving coolest

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Dear Prudence posted:

Oh my god dammit. I heard it on Throwing Shade and then I looked online and I didn't even check the god drat date! It me! I am the April Fool!

Haha I heard it there too and was disappointed that Bryan took it seriously. I hate April Fools “jokes” on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wax Lion
Aug 24, 2009

This may have been my favorite episode of Drag Race ever. Work room hilarity, LERKS, amazing lip sync...it had everything.

• Locked thread