Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

just started and THAT SHADE TO PHI PHI THOUGH LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Stroop There It Is posted:

Bleh, I was not as impressed with Aquaria's outfits as the judges were. especially the last one.

e: ^^^ that was excellent

Same, I thought Kameron and Cracker were way better. I also thought Blair and Eureka were good enough to have been tops this week but what do I know.

God this was such a good episode. Sooo many LERKS to enjoy and that loving lip sync was phenomenal. I'm getting very nervous every episode, though, just because I like so many of the queens and don't really want to see any of them go home but...that is the nature of the game.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

SHANIA NEXT WEEK YAS BITCH AND CARRIE PRESTON gently caress YEAH

challenge looks fun too

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

girl if they don't do man i feel like a woman i'll flip

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

THAT LIPSYNC. Holy poo poo.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

esperterra posted:

girl if they don't do man i feel like a woman i'll flip

any other choice would be a mistake

but, "choices", as they say.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
This season is really making up for quite a few seasons of mostly forgettable lip syncs. Monet sure looked the most busted on the runway, but drat did she earn the right to stay.

Blair not winning this challenge, or at least being in the top, is homophobic.

Also, lol at mentioning all the O'hara's except Phi Phi.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Aquaria was good but imo her outfits were a bit simple, she's kind of half relying on body. They're good looks, they're just not as detailed as some of the other queens, particularly Kameron and Cracker this week. She kind of reminds me of Naomi Smalls during the first part of her season, panties and a bra and legs for days. She looks good, but other queens served a lot more elaborate and detailed looks.

Blair is feeling a bit one-note for me, old Hollywood glamour is fine and she does it well but I want to see some variety.

Kameron and Cracker were probably my top two picks this week.

Man, Ru's runway look was certainly a choice. Did she not have someone to do her makeup that week? Yeesh that was fugly.

edit: yeah Monet killed the lipsynch but she really needs a huge reality check on her looks. She thinks she's bringing high concept couture but it's been consistently busted.

I think Kameron is a kind of a sneaky front-runner. She's not as vocal as the other queens but her looks are extremely polished, I'm really interested to see how she does on acting and comedy challenges where she needs to put forward more personality.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Apr 13, 2018

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
When I saw Ru come out I immediately thought

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ru sounded sick as gently caress again and her eyes looked shot to hell when she was visiting queens in the work room. i hope she feels better but it was a good thing they have RUDROID to fill in on the runway

loved loved loved crackers spacelady outfit but aquaria earned the gently caress outta that win

also god bless u asia

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
"RuPaul's friend race" has been said, here we go :allears:

Hell yeah OG pit crew

Tendai fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Apr 13, 2018

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Pellisworth posted:

Blair is feeling a bit one-note for me, old Hollywood glamour is fine and she does it well

Blair is like baby, unjaded Robbie Turner.

Edit: Dusty is a strong contender for Miss Congeniality. I gotta vote for either Eureka or Miss Vanjie though.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Aquaria nailed it this week on the runway in terms of complete looks that looked good on her and fit the theme, I went in fully prepared not to like her Mars ball look based on the workroom.

Asia's looks were extremely eh and the "I wasn't finished and everyone needed my help" is probably true but this is a competition and you gotta think of yourself. Blair was also eh for me, but at least hers looked well-constructed. Just kind of not "dang, bitch, that's cool."

I love Miz Cracker.

i was going to loving riot if monet wasn't in the bottom 2 but she definitely performed the gently caress outta that lipsync.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Tendai posted:

Aquaria nailed it this week on the runway in terms of complete looks that looked good on her and fit the theme, I went in fully prepared not to like her Mars ball look based on the workroom.

After a second watch, I gotta disagree and was kind of annoyed with how Aquaria's looks didn't really fit the categories/themes.

Beach/summer outfit - lucha libre, which I guess is a summer outfit?? Was giving me more superhero vibes, everyone else did a beach look.
Winter/ice queen - pastel faux fur poms. That's kind of more spring colors, I wasn't getting anything winter about it.
Mars - black geometric cutouts, half naked. I don't see what's Mars / future / outer space in it.

They were good looks imo, but *just* good, not amazing. And I would have no idea they were supposed to be beach / winter / Mars themed if you hadn't told me, a lot of the other girls I would've guessed pretty close.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I guess Aquaria hand dyed the furs, which is def impressive.

In terms of having cohesion between the looks, and being incredibly well crafted in their simplicity they should have won. idk if I would say they fit the theme very well, other than the fur Miami look.

That Lucha look was a shoot tho. But I don't get how it's Alaskan Beach Realness lmao

I think Mayhem or Blair should have been in over Cracker, and tbh Kameron winning would have been my choice. Ru is very clearly living for Aquaria, tho, and Aquaria's looks were great for sure. Just missed the end of the world thing for me.

Cracker's gay military Miami outfit was a delight btw

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I should watch it a second time since I watched it at like 5:30 with a sinus headache and fairly stoned :v:

Either way, Miz Cracker is currently my overall favorite.

esperterra posted:

Cracker's gay military Miami outfit was a delight btw
loving this

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
gently caress YOU HAVE YOUR CIGARETTE. :bisonyes:

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I thought Cracker's pink outfit was very Penelope Pitstop. Also, Eureka can clearly just stop stirring up Vixen. Finally, gonna miss Dusty; the cute one this season. Was it just me or did she look like Tempest 35 years younger.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

What the gently caress is happening with Ru, I'm traumatised.

Other than that A+ episode. I don't like Aquaria that much but her villainess space getup was super cool. I thought Mayhem looked amazing, especially her Martian look, sad she didn't get much recognition really

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Octolady posted:

What the gently caress is happening with Ru, I'm traumatised.
Ru got the flu right in the middle of filming, I think. Real pisser.

Andrew_1985 posted:

Eureka can clearly just stop stirring up Vixen.
Eureka is fantastic at squandering goodwill, including mine.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Eureka annoyed me back in Season 9, and she still annoys me now.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I have been loving Tisha Campbell since Rags to Riches, goddamn this bitch lookt GOOD. I don't know who the other girl was, but she looked loving amazing. This is how you sit on the judges' panel at RPDR (lookin at you, Meghan Trainor) .

Kameron came out of nowhere for me but I LOVE her (her quick drag has been super hot, too; tell me she could not be a Melania decoy).

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

resting mitch face posted:

I have been loving Tisha Campbell since Rags to Riches, goddamn this bitch lookt GOOD. I don't know who the other girl was, but she looked loving amazing. This is how you sit on the judges' panel at RPDR (lookin at you, Meghan Trainor) .

Kameron came out of nowhere for me but I LOVE her (her quick drag has been super hot, too; tell me she could not be a Melania decoy).

You should watch Dear White People. Really good show!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Mouse Dresser posted:

Dusty is a strong contender for Miss Congeniality. I gotta vote for either Eureka or Miss Vanjie though.

Tamar, did you watch Untucked?

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
Kameron and Cracker are my faves.

Also, the Vixen going off has made this season so much more entertaining. I kind of love her for it. She is not giving me my favorite looks, but I want her to stay for all the drama during Untucked.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
Vixen picking fights seems to be overshadowing that she turns out some pretty drat cool looks (the peacock one and the transparent bikini/fan both looked incredible I think).

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

gandlethorpe posted:

Tamar, did you watch Untucked?

It felt like the producers all but forced Mayhem to go out with Eureka for her drat cigarette so they could get the footage of her talking at someone and trying to retroactively justify herself. It was uncomfortable to watch and I hope Eureka's number comes up soon.

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.

Pellisworth posted:

Winter/ice queen - pastel faux fur poms. That's kind of more spring colors, I wasn't getting anything winter about it.

That was hella right for a cold Miami look. Like, I know those beachwear/wintry looks were stuff they had with them and styled for the ball, but she lucked out and was on the drat nose for Miami. Miami Vice on Ice realness.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

We've had our first LSFYL where both queens killed it, hopefully there's more of it to come.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Dear Prudence posted:

Oh my god dammit. I heard it on Throwing Shade and then I looked online and I didn't even check the god drat date! It me! I am the April Fool!

Take their tagline "This is Throwing Shade, where we take a weekly look at all the issues important to ladies & gays, and treat them with much less respect than they deserve." I like the show, but Bryan and Erin are frequently woefully uninformed on the issues they talk about, and fall for "fake news" like the above pretty regularly.

Just catching the episode now, some stray thoughts:

- I loved all the time in the workroom. This is the kind of stuff that the show has been missing for far too long.

- That said, that was 30 looks. It was difficult to keep track of everything.

- With all the plastic surgery that Kameron has had to her face, while very attractive out of drag, the result is that she looks like the spitting image of Chad Michaels while in drag. It's surprising that Chad isn't her drag mother.

- I really want to dislike The Vixen, but I find it difficult.

- I thought Blair was top 3 for sure, and Kameron was merely safe.

- It really was neck and neck between Miz Cracker and Aquaria for me for that win, and I would have been happy with either one of them. Maybe Ru should have given it to both of them.

- I really want live in Dusty Ray's bottom. He is so cute. But that lip sync was a little manic and crazy eyed.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

There's something kind of endearing about Aquaria for me. It's as if she's actually socially awkward and interacting with people doesn't come naturally to her. Like she watched a lot of Drag Race as a kid and tries to act how she thinks a drag queen is supposed to. None of her mannerisms seem natural, but rather than feeling painfully forced, it's like she's trying her best to put on her drag queen mask. Think little-kid-trying-to act-grown-up (ie Vincent Adultman). Maybe someone more eloguent than me can explain it better.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The last dance break for Dusty gave me a real Dina Martina vibe, which is never a bad thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B11alZM_rk

(I haven't watched that in forever.)

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

There's something kind of endearing about Aquaria for me. It's as if she's actually socially awkward and interacting with people doesn't come naturally to her. Like she watched a lot of Drag Race as a kid and tries to act how she thinks a drag queen is supposed to. None of her mannerisms seem natural, but rather than feeling painfully forced, it's like she's trying her best to put on her drag queen mask. Think little-kid-trying-to act-grown-up (ie Vincent Adultman). Maybe someone more eloguent than me can explain it better.

i agree, i find her a bit socially awkward but its really endearing. i think two main things probably contribute -

she is super young and works super hard, and she is a notorious internet queen. loads of her looks are for instagram and digital media, rather than clubs or performances, and that's a sort of lonely way to do things.

but she's clearly smart as a whip and is just a glorious 4 foot of potential. her and cracker are dynamite, i really hope we get to see them work together on a looks challenge.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I don’t usually go for the look based Queens, I like a funny bitch (or both which is why I love Manila) but I think aquaria has done a really good job conceptualising her aesthetic for the show so I wouldn’t be mad if she went all the way

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

As someone who hasn't followed her or seen many of her looks before the show, I can see why she's such a big deal-- especially because she's so young.

But yeah she's awkward as hell and a bit standoffish. I really liked her sugar daddy moment with Cracker this episode, it helped endear her to me finally.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Aquaria comforting Dusty in Untucked helped her image quite a bit for me.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

That too, yeah.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Her awkward delivery to Dusty and subsequent awkward rebuttal to Monique's reaction really resonated with me.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah, I got the impression that Aquaria puts on a bit of a front and she is way more likable when she is just herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Y'all are really sleeping on something awful's entry into drag race herstory: having our very own Ralp guest host the runway

• Locked thread