Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Oh noooo. I immediately fell in love with Vanessa, now I'm sad. I also really like Kalorie, so I wouldn't have been happy either way I guess.

Miz Cracker really surprised me. She's definitely one to watch. I think Mayhem's outfit was a bit better, so I'm not fussed that she didn't win that challenge.

Also this Miz Cracker/Aquaria rivalry thing is going to be....weird. I don't even know what to say, other than it felt really one-sided.

I love that everyone is horny for Kameron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

TOO MANY GOBLINS posted:

The weirdest part to me is that they're all apparently dying, what the gently caress? Why?
If I was one of these people I don't know if I'd be more creeped out by them shipping me with people I worked with, or the fact that they're painstakingly writing about you like, dying of cancer. That is loving demented and really poor taste :confused:

Because teen girls LIVE for the drama, man.

I think I definitely wrote fanfiction where at least one character was dying slowly and tragically of Sad Plot Disease. I just didn't write them about real people and post it on the internet for everyone to read.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Seluin posted:

My favorite Lucian thing was when he posted a bunch of foot fetish things on twitter and instagram.

what the gently caress is it with feet guys

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I seriously don't think I can pick a top four yet, everyone is so loving amazing. I really like Asia, a lot. The Vixen, too. And also I really dig Kameron, and Yuhua and Cracker are fun, and Monique and Monet are amazing and Dusty is really charming and and

I don't feel like Aquaria or Eureka will make it, especially if Eureka can't get out of her head. But hey I could be totally off and they'll be top three.

This season has such an amazing cast, even if I don't like everyone I'm really excited to see them all do well. At this point I don't really care who wins, but I'm sure my feelings will change.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Quinctia posted:

Anyone else weirded out by how, sometimes, Monet just sounds like Bob? There was a one iner in Untucked where I could've sworn Bob snuck herself back into the studio.

I had the same loving thought, it weirds me out too.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Some parts of it are really fun, like the interactions between the queens and the women being made over, the werkroom stuff, the family's reaction, all pretty good especially if you're a softie (like me, too). There's just a lot of awkward scripted stuff that I really don't like.

If you want a drag race fix and you haven't seen it before, watch it. It's not the worst, just really awkward at parts. But you also get things like a giant butch lesbian bench pressing Ongina (god I loved that lady).

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Nihonniboku posted:

It's fun seeing the queens interact, but the show is pretty bad. What we need is a late night round table show starring the queens, maybe have a couple of them be semi-permanent co-hosts, with a rotating cast of regular guest co-hosts, and a spot for a celebrity.

Julie Goldman was made over on an episode of Drag U, and she spilled all the behind the scenes tea on a long since deleted episode of Gay Pimpin' with Jonny McGovern. Basically, the whole experience was hellacious for her. They had absolutely no say on their looks, everything was already decided before they got there. When they weren't filming, she was basically locked in a small room with just a metal folding chair, and no food or water. She hated the whole experience, and World of Wonder threatened to sue her rear end for speaking about it, so the episode was deleted.

This is disappointing, but actually not surprising at all. I never liked that the women didn't seem to have any option to choose what they looked like. That's pretty lovely. I know I said I liked the show, but I think I'm blocking out the lovely gender stuff and only remembering the queen stuff. Thanks, selective memory.

bad snipe have a gif I found on tumblr

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Nihonniboku posted:

While I think Vixen is taking it over the top, she is just so loving right about everything she is saying that she has completely shut Aquaria down, something that has probably never been done before.

Yeah, I usually don't care for the more confrontational girls on drag race but I'm loving loving and living for Vixen. Maybe it's because I'm sick of pass-agg poo poo in general, in my actual real life so her clapping back at Aquaria feels SO good.

I don't think there's been a season where I liked so many of the girls so early on. I'm really rooting for Asia, but I enjoy watching everyone do their thing. There's a LOT of personality this season, holy poo poo, plus the episodes are long and juicy with all that good drag race poo poo that has been lacking in a lot of the more recent seasons.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Went to get some burgers and the workers were just going Miss Vanjie...Miss Vanjie...Miss...VANJIE back and forth, amazing.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Stroop There It Is posted:

Bleh, I was not as impressed with Aquaria's outfits as the judges were. especially the last one.

e: ^^^ that was excellent

Same, I thought Kameron and Cracker were way better. I also thought Blair and Eureka were good enough to have been tops this week but what do I know.

God this was such a good episode. Sooo many LERKS to enjoy and that loving lip sync was phenomenal. I'm getting very nervous every episode, though, just because I like so many of the queens and don't really want to see any of them go home but...that is the nature of the game.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Episode preview is up!

This loving mini challenge, what the hell.

This challenge is going to be really great though.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
God I loving love the way Asia and Monique do their makeup. Gorgeous.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Hey someone help me figure poo poo out. Trixie's tour is coming to Portland in June, and Werq the World is coming in October. My girlfriend (who stopped watching drag race after season 5ish because she couldn't stand watching reality tv anymore and so has no idea who any of these people are) agreed to go with me to one of the shows. Tickets cost more or less the same amount, so going with the better-priced option doesn't help. I can't decide which show I'd rather see.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

resting mitch face posted:

If werq the world is like battle of the seasons, it's a well-rounded non-stop variety show. I'm sure my jaw was on the ground the whole time at bots. I'm not a huge Trixie fan... she's great and all but my money would go to werq. I don't think you'd have to stay current with RPDR to enjoy everything about the show.

I really love Trixie and her music and everything, so that's why going to either weigh pretty equally....until I saw that Werq is going to have s10 queens on it along with the headliners. So I'm going to Werq.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Oh Monique...... :smith:

I've been waiting for them to do a CRJ song...just wish Monique knew the loving words. Least Vixen turned it out.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I really love Cracker, but I feel like if she doesn't get a win soon she's not going to make top 3. But I could be wrong.

I honestly thought that Aquaria would be in Cracker's place. Like I figured Aquaria would serve us looks but fall flat on personality and stumble on Snatch Game or the other improv challenges. But she's doing great, even if she missed the mark this week. I thought I'd really dislike her, too, but she's really endearing to me in a way I can't explain. I thought Cracker would be killing the same challenges that Aquaria's doing fine in, but it hasn't been like that at all.

I really hope Kameron can make it to top 3. I've really enjoyed her the whole time, even if she's quieter than the rest. The top three I'm hoping for is Asia, Aquaria and Kameron. But I hope Monet is top 4 so we can have her talking head for the rest of the show.

big dyke energy fucked around with this message at 05:56 on May 12, 2018

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Aquaria not getting the Michigan J. Frog joke is hilarious. Just how loving confused she looks.

That's a LOT of boys.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
It's funny that Eureka couldn't deliver comedy when she didn't get to fall back on fat jokes.

I wish Monet would have won (just because I really want her to get a win!!!) but Asia nailed it all around and I'm so pleased for her. Her runway was so good on every level. I've been rooting for Asia top 3 since episode two, I hope she loving wins.

That was a loving great lipsync. Double shantay was definitely deserved, they both SOLD it. I also misread the thread before watching the end of the episode and thought it was a double sashay :v: I was watching the whole thing like 'I can't believe they'd send them both home what the gently caress'.

Oh yes and I agree that skit was loving dire. I wish they'd move past referencing old bits from past seasons but I guess they'll NEVER loving DIE

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
If they put all the lipsyncs on WoW Presents Plus it would be worth paying for imo

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

alf_pogs posted:

more great brutal shade from Aquaria: "i mean it's that part of the song where everyone would do a split." then she spits out that she hates how Ru kept two people and starts drama with Kameron. fantastic, fantastic stuff. Asia meanwhile, representing the sensible sisterhood - which i would agree with wholeheartedly if i wasn't a petty, vindictive, drama-loving reality tv pain in the rear end. but then she delivers this brutal smackdown: "i think your perception of drag is limited to what you've seen on Drag Race." Asia, god drat, i live for you. salt and light in equal measure.

NYC queens representin'. Aquaria walks back her comments from the previous night, losing points from me. this show needs more Vixen-esque drama, none of this BEST FRIENDS bullshit.

I loving love Asia ranting, going to take a drink, then immediately putting the can down with 'No I'm not done'. Living. I'm not really surprised that Aquaria's going back into pass-agg bullshit now that Vixen's not around to yell at her... "I know other girls have said..." "Who?" "Well....I just know I'm not the only one...." Stop with that vague bullshit Aquaria just say what you FEEL. I don't mind her going back and apologizing for what she said, it's not very conducive to further drama but it's very mature and it's nice to see.

This loving mini-challenge is so good. Lmao at Eureka winning a butch challenge.

I have no idea who any of these social media people are, I'm Old now.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

The Berzerker posted:

Though I thought the line about Aquaria only knowing drag from Drag Race, I don't think it's actually true. But it's a great line. Also, I'm not a big Eureka fan but she absolutely won that mini challenge, hands down.

No, I don't think it's true, either. I mean, just last episode we saw pictures of her performing with Amanda Lepore. She clearly does more than watch drag race and post on instagram. But it's cutting.

I have wondered if she spends much time with other queens outside performing, but it's kind of pointless to speculate on it.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Pellisworth posted:

I'm LIVING for Miz Cookie

She was living for herself. I think that's one of the best makeovers we've had.

Monet :smith: I never expected her to win but I really love watching her on the show. I do think Aquaria should have been in the bottom over her....but Monet's been in the bottom twice and Aquaria's not been low at all until now. It was a really loving good lipsync, but Monet never would have survived being in the bottom three times....even though she's been so great the last few weeks. I love watching Kameron do her thing, she's such a FUN performer.

Next week looks loving GOOD.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

jit bull transpile posted:

I thought aquaria did worse than Kameron. Her daughters dress was a piece of cloth jammed under a corset and the makeup was pretty much what you'd get if you went to the MAC store to get beat. They said Kameron loving brought it in the lip sync.

I agree. The outfit was very lame for Aquaria, especially the 'ermine'. I think Kameron's missteps were mostly styling choices that didn't work out. I did like her outfit at least. I didn't feel the chemistry between Aquaria and her guy at all, unlike with Monet. Plus in the video he basically didn't do anything.

I think Eureka's boy had the worst makeup though. I don't think she's used to painting others.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

jit bull transpile posted:

I love lizzo so much

I really liked her too :shobon: and that was a really good lipsync song. Plus she DRESSED UP.

Untucked this week is a delight. Eureka bitching about everyone not getting how 90s her look was annoying though, but then again, Cracker DID start going in on her look as soon as she was out of the room. But also I did think her dude was pretty rough looking, though the family resemblance was strong enough to save her, plus their dresses were well-done.

But I'm not jumping in on the Eureka making GBS threads. I like her well enough but she can bereally grating to watch at times.

big dyke energy fucked around with this message at 02:38 on May 26, 2018

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Ubiquitous_ posted:

I have on average enjoyed The Vixen’s outfits more than Eureka’s week to week. There’s just more being said with them. That said, there were some terrible ones, too.

The Vixen had looks, even if some of them weren't as polished. I think her worst looks were mostly things she had to make on the show. Also her makeup is really good and I like her use of body makeup a lot. Eureka's drag just doesn't excite me and most of it is because I loving hate her hair loaf poo poo and generally don't like her makeup. However I did really like her best drag bodysuit.

Anyway I voted for Monique Heart. I think she was sweet and fun to watch and deserves to win that 10k. Second choice for me would be Monet.

I would have picked Asia, but she's top four.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Wait it's not on tonight?? Fuuuck.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
The cut on both Aquaria and Cracker's outfits was very awkward, but it looked better on Aquaria. I'm a little obsessed with her outfit though.

Eureka's outfit was some season 2 crap.

I thought that having the 'evil twins' on the runway alongside the 'good twins' was bullshit UNTIL Ru asked the Shady Question. Worth it...until they had the good twins watching backstage. :eyeroll: Also, was anyone surprised how hard Ru went into Cracker when the judges were deliberating?

I mean, I wasn't surprised when she went home. Good lipsync though, I love watching Kameron do her thing. Finale's gonna be interesting.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

alf_pogs posted:

reunion episode preview is up

http://www.vh1.com/video-clips/6r34tc/rupauls-drag-race-first-look-queens-reunited

i am living at the propsect of more VIXEN vs THE WORLD and also MONIQUE HEART gently caress what a great cast this season had

You know, I was just thinking that I was getting kind of burnt out on Drag Race but mmmmmMMMMMM this is gonna be loving good.

Good GOD I missed Vanjie. Serenade me, Vaaaanjie. And Aquaria is looking loving cute.

big dyke energy fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jun 21, 2018

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I'm feeling it too.

Give the show to Asia.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I've only watched the first ep of Wannakiki and I think it's pretty cute, if really, really awkward at parts. Dragula isn't really my thing, so I'm hoping this picks up/improves a bit so I can have a non-Drag Race drag show to watch.

The one thing that gets to me is there seems to be a HUUUGE gap between queens who just dress quirky and the queens who are actually funny. Missing jokes/failing to be funny is like the thing that makes me cringe the most so it's uh, a little rough for me.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

warez posted:

Yeah. The only queen who really seems to understand this is Vajayjay, she uses just about any situation as a setup for a gag/pun of some sort (even if it doesn't always land) and is always in character. Oddly enough they seemed to knock Dominique for doing the physical fitness challenge in character/making a joke out of it (I guess because she was more "spoiled brat" than "chipper camper"? idek. the judging on this show is really confusing so far.)

I'm hoping it'll be a rough season 1, with a much-improved season 2+, since that seems to follow drag show formulas. VaJay J is really amazing, though!!!

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Nihonniboku posted:

Asia are basically dullsville in terms of big personality.

what the gently caress am I reading in this thread on this day

(I used to listen to Throwing Shade too until them just COMPLETELY missing the point/misinterpreting things started driving me crazy)

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Dragula and Drag Race Thailand didn't get separate threads, there's no reason to do so for Wannakiki.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Real cool comments on that. Don't know why I always have to loving click through and read twitter threads, I will never learn.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Roxxxy out of drag looks almost exactly like my brothers, it has always weirded me out too much.

related

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

curiousTerminal posted:

Everybody knows three strikes are from baseball, which, as a sport, no gay person has ever voluntarily come into contact with.

lesbians do read this thread you know!!

• Locked thread