Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Ok, so I'm a bit confused. Are the eps going to be 60 min + 30 min of untucked? Or are all the eps going to be 90 min + 30 untucked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

I clocked Yuhua as top 4 for sure. She was quick, extremely funny, and could really beat her face. I liked her style too, and I thought her negative critiques about her outfit this week were kind of off point.

3 eps in I thought I'd hate Blair from all the pre-season drunk driving scandal, but she is in my top 4 along with Kameron, Miz Cracker, and Monet.

The Vixen NEEDS to stay til least top 5 to keep some much needed spice that the show has been missing for so long. I'd normally be against what she is doing , but it doesn't come off as malicious. Per Ru, drag queens have big personalities and can be obsessed with themselves. The Vixen seems to hold up a big clean mirror and say "look now, bitch". Her methodology is oddly therapeutic.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

I want to note that Aquaria can go anytime. She rubs me the wrong way in every direction. Her 'I'm a star' attitude comes off more as an inferiority complex than being confident. I also don't care about the feud with Miz Cracker. Cracker is infinitely more capable in every facet of drag, especially humor and being reverent. Aquaria so far has demonstrated that she is completely deficient in those areas.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

Bina posted:

Does anyone else get that feeling Blair is wearing clothing that is too big for her? All I see is a little boy wearing his mom's clothes.

I'm happy you brought this up. After Blair and Dusty disclosed their families religious beliefs it brought up some problems I've had with my family and their beliefs involving my sexuality, so it's been on my mind for a few days now. Listening to Blair, she made it sound like she comes from a very conservative religious household, just like Dusty. Unlike Dusty, it sounds like Blair's parents did not reject their love for their child and instead of treating her as some sort of embodiment of sin, they chose to love her, and raise her in their belief system, even with the fact that he does very good, and at points, really fishy drag. Blair doesn't ever really come off as 'slutty', her looks so far have had a conservative slant to them, but it's easy to miss that with her looks being so well done and having a certain kind of sophistication to them. It makes me wonder how much of an influence her family and their beliefs have on her drag. It's not often we get girls disclosing happy endings with families and beliefs. Naomi was one too, but that feels a bit different from this. I have a few suspicions why, but this isn't the time. So, part of me wonders if that's why she comes off as a little boy in his moms big clothes. Is she giving herself a bit of extra room so to still adhere to values and beliefs involving modesty, or other factors? Is she even aware of this? We seem to be sailing into uncharted territory as 'gay' culture permeates systems that would once outright reject it, and in cases, still does. My heart really goes out to Dusty for what he went through. I take issue with my like of men being blamed on what equates to an atypical childhood, rather than it simply being who I am. Nature or nurture, choice or not. It shouldn't be anything else other than this is what we are. I can't imagine how hard it would be to have people who I thought loved me look at me like I'm a monster and taken me to a priest to have some sort of gay demon exercised from me. I can only imagine from Dusty's response that it is at least devastating.

Watrick fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Apr 9, 2018

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

I guess Monet X Change was a fan of Lightning Returns??

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

I'm posting this here since the Dragula season 2 thread is dead. I finished season 2 finally and I would kill for a 3 way with Israel and Shaun. I normally don't like my men so lean, but they're both delicious.

And :lol: at how the queens treated Israel the last few eps. They were always excited to see him and were so goddamn chipper, while he was all brooding and silent.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

Should've had Rebecca Glasscock on to critique their denim.

They did, but she spent the entire time there fixing her wig and didn't end up even meeting any of the queens.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

CaptainScraps posted:

I need more Joslyn Fox in my life. Also Kasha Dadvis.

:hfive:
Joselyn Fox is probably one of my favorite queens just because how sweet and sincere she came off. Slightly dorky and super slutty too. That combo works out well.

gently caress it. Just give me an AS season where it's Ru Paul's best friend race. I want to watch the queens fight for Miss Congeniality over the crown. The reading challenge would just be compliments and positive reinforcement :3:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

jit bull transpile posted:

He's always been a fame chaser and attention seeker. The facade of caring about the queens at all is just cracking now. The shows not really about him though, it's about all the great talent we get exposed to for the first time, and also Michelle Visage's boobs.

James St. James said in an interview when he first met Ru back in the club kid days, Ru said: "Im Ru Paul and I'm going to be famous one day".

It's been obvious to me for years that the show isn't "fair". Letting Sharon redo her entrance take was my first glimpse into it. All the bullshit with Mimi on AS1 was stupid. Chad especially pissed me off with his how dare she do that to Ru and Drag Race when they had Mimi pick up Farrah multiple times to get more shots of it. They can conveniently judge a group or individually on a whim. In the end I think it's become a popularity contest, rather than one based strictly on oval office. I still enjoy the show, but the lack of consistency with judging (see Eukera getting props for trying, like :wtf:), being critical of shtick, and being unnecessarily bitchy to the queens just rubs me wrong. It's also why I think Dragula is the superior of the shows.

• Locked thread