Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

wildly excited for the new season and hoping that the producer fuckery doesn't overwhelm the entire situation like it did with AS3.

...still incredibly bitter that we don't get a reunion episode because COME ON. #riggamorris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Carson’s usefulness peaked with the “Shut Up And Drive” lipsync; keep Ross and Michelle as permanent judges and bring back Elvira at least 3 times per season.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

can't have two people with big black hair and comically oversized racks on the judging panel; would be rad as all hell for Cassandra Peterson to guest judge!
(Cassandra Peterson is Elvira's real name; she's an ageless redhead who is beyond magical)

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

we need another dual room situation so we can have something as classic as the time Willam hollered "BAR QUEEN" at someone through the wall/curtain

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

alf_pogs posted:

The Vixen. overall i think she had the weakest first ep: her looks were all over the place and she seems eager to stir up drama that doesn't involve her in untucked

her first line was "I'm here to fight". she's already established that bullshit drama is her #brand

so it'll be great when she gets eliminated. hopefully soon.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

esperterra posted:

Kameron is a complete butterface imo, but yeah this whole cast is generally hot or cute.

Mayhem's line "Why didn't they say there was actual trade in here??!" paired with Monique's "...and I mean, rough trade!" slayed me

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

I'm usually not the type to pick people I want to go, but how the hell is Disasterina lasting this long?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Apparently, Victoria's "Filth" performance was way filthier than what they showed. She was incredible all through the season, for sure. I'm just bummed that James didn't win, since they were my pick.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

asking an entire thread to spoiler stuff for your convenience is a tiny bit extra, lets be honest here.

That said my lord I hope some proper story comes up other than just Aquaria v. Miz Cracker because it's already exhausting.

VERY curious to see what the queens come up with as a nickname for Cracker because the look on every black queen's face when they heard it was incredible.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

a definite cross between Gia Gunn and Bianca in my opinion. She's gorgeous.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

I refuse to acknowledge it because I hate Biancas transphobic rear end.

receipts?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

ugh, that's... not great. Pick on Carmen for the fact that she's an rear end in a top hat, not the fact that she's trans.

is Bianca really even relevant anymore? I know she had her comedy tour and that it sold pretty well, but the fact that she hasn't done anything exceptional since her S7 crowning look is honestly expected. (Yeah I know Hurricane Bianca was a thing but it was goddamn terrible).

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

angerbeet posted:

The drag race erotic fanfic with all of the girls as sapphic lesbian teenagers with bizarre medical conditions is really the worst thing the fanbase has produced.

...what

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

:gonk:
the drag queens are actual people, how do these "writers" not get that?!

edit:

Stroop There It Is posted:

why the gently caress does anyone think it's totally cool and not insanely creepy to write that poo poo about real people

heh, timing.

still though. what the gently caress.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

esperterra posted:

I'm so tempted to get someone to make this av sized for me

Too good. I could honestly still go on and on about how great Christina was on the show fuuuuck

count me as one of the people who honestly thought this was Farrah at first because seriously.

and that would be an excellent avatar!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Toast Museum posted:

SAME, but lol if anyone thinks Ru is going to have anyone else in drag as a judge, let alone someone as fierce as Art or Pangina.

she has Michelle on every episode though...?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

soon as I see a queen take off their dress or shoes it's drat near an automatic "oh noooooo"

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

Social media really pulled the covers off how awful humans are. It makes me so sad. Why can't everyone just post pictures of their dogs like me?

dig pics or :frogout: tbh

my little mans Newt! he watches with me so it’s on topic

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

You can't trick me into doxxing my dog!

it’s not doggsing, it’s premium content!

finally caught the latest episode; wasn’t Mayhem hailed as a legendary queen before the season started? I’m totally not seeing it, which is an absolute disappointment.

Aquaria’s Miami Realness look was excellent, but there’s no drat way she deserved the win over Miz Cracker. 100% producer riggamorris.

now that Dusty is, well, dusted, can Eureka go next? she needs to be gone before the makeover challenge before she sullies some innocent bystander with a goddamn hair loaf.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Tone policing is totally a thing, but so is being a complete loving rear end in a top hat.
People trying to give Vixen a pass because "oh people shouldn't be tone policing" aren't really helping the situation whatsoever.

I'm a white cis woman and back in the day before I learned to interact with people, I'd regularly get told to calm the hell down because people were automatically tuning me out due to delivery. Once I figured out how to bring it to a 6 from an 11, people were a hell of a lot more responsive to what I had to say and my points of view.

Is Vixen an angry black woman? Yes. Is she allowed to be? Yes. Is it a problem that she's a complete fuckin' bully? YES, and there's zero, absolutely zero reason to give her a pass on that because "oh no people are tone policing". Folks burying their head in the sand because they don't want to seem like they're being lowkey racist is just a way to further muddy the issue.

Vixen is picking fights for no reason, her first line being "I'm here to fight" set an immediate tone, and there was legit no purpose in her inserting herself in the initial Aquaria / Miz Cracker drama. Hell, there wasn't really any drama to begin with until Vixen started hollering about it! She should've dropped it the instant Aquaria said that she didn't need Vixen to take a stand on the issue.

All that said, Vixen wasn't wrong about queens of color being poo poo on far more than white queens. The fandom has only become more toxic over time. I'm honestly glad that I have you folks to talk to rather than trying to go to Reddit or Twitter to discuss the show.

Another thing that I think is worth mentioning- it is wildly hosed up that queens with "skinny up and down pole bodies" (Jasmine I love you) are getting a pass on serving "boy body" on the runway but any queens with a thicker frame are expected to cinch themselves so they aren't called out for having a "hog body". Complete bummer.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

esperterra posted:

fwiw I think it bears repeating that my stance on Vixen is I definitely think she's a bully, but I dig a confrontational queen and I'd rather have an rear end in a top hat pointing out the racial issues in the fandom than have nobody being brave enough to point directly at the cameras and finally spell it out.

I don't know if it's bravery so much as this being the season the one where the queens have been the most self-aware and very much aware of how the fandom will react to anything. Season 9 was a huge eye-opener for a lot of people when it came to issues of race, etc. She had an astonishing amount of hate dropped on her simply because she was an exceptional queen and got farther than the fan favorite "Selena of Drag" (my god that made my eyes roll so hard they fell out of my rear end).

Jasmine and Kennedy definitely caught hate for how they ~condoned~ themselves on season 7, but Shea seemed to be the first to be torn down specifically because she knew that she was killing the game.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Agreed. Eureka is an absolute pain in the rear end, and it makes me wonder what talented queen didn't make it on the show because they brought Eureka back.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Vanjee is iconic and I am so hype on that fact. Ru not being able to keep her composure when Michelle says it is one of my new favorite parts of the show.

Bring her back! Justice for Vanjee! gently caress a challenge for the returning queens, JUST DO WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT, RU.
We need this.

I need this.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

esperterra posted:

tbf to Ross I was concerned about Cracker's character at first, too, but the build up was worth it and it seems like he agreed.

also I completely forgot about Cracker in my post-watch post, she was loving great. I could have seen her, Kameron, Monique or Eureka all winning and all for different reasons. It was a really fun challenge.

e: ^^ I would be 1000% down for them to pull a Shangela and have her come back next season, but after having Eureka return from 9 for this one it would also feel weird do do another ruturning queen. I hope she does though or at least is called for AS4.

Returning queens can become a theme. Hell, kinda already has since Cucu returned for season 8!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

"Those itty-bitty Dennis the Menace wigs"
I'm gleefully astonished at what a brutal read that was from Asia.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I honestly never thought that a contestant could be more of a downer than Nina Bo'nina Banana Fofana Osama Bin Laden Brown (boom boom boom).

But now we have The Vixen.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

I hope that Ru just decides to switch her out with Miss Vaaaaaaaanjie in the middle of an episode with no mention of it.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Vixen is being “piled on” because she’s being an rear end in a top hat. She lashes out every chance she gets, claims people won’t let her speak when she steamrolls everyone, and is insistent that she gets along with everyone but Eureka when that’s clearly not the case.

She hasn’t brought anything to the competition other than constant antagonism and that one gorgeous peacock dress.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Aquaria's runway lining up with the Met Gala so perfectly is kinda :stare:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

It’s like the guys were all wearing thin lil’ jockstraps

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

pretty lovely to try and identify trans people but hey what do I know
not like they may want privacy through what is typically a difficult time in someone's life
or that they maybe want to come out on their own loving time

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Bad intent or no, it's still pretty lovely. People deserve their privacy, especially when their gender or sexual orientation are concerned. Why is this so difficult for people to understand?

jit bull transpile posted:

Does anyone know more about Kenya? When I look an her I see someone who has been on hormones for a few months but you'd think that'd be a well known scoop if she was.

Scoop? What an rear end in a top hat thing to say.

Nah I've been making this comment all thread.
Based on what esperterra just posted its possible she's on a low dose of Spiro and e to androgynize rather than a full dose to feminize. Her face definitely had that look of someone early in a hormone treatment regimen but honestly it's a bit gross to try to scientifically analyze someone's gender from their face so I'm gonna drop this line of reasoning, lol.

Bolded for emphasis because seriously.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Whatever dude. I meant that drag race online fans get hella crazy about trans people on the show (look at Carmen's reception at drag con, jeez) and I figured it'd be something that come up a lot. I wasn't watching the show live back then so I haven't heard some of this stuff.

But yeah, go ahead and accuse me of being a transphobe. Read whatever you need to into my posts to get your hate quota in for the day.

I didn’t call you a transphobe, I said that it’s lovely to sit around making assumptions about someone’s gender identity but you can feel free to see what you want to see in my statements 🙄

Show related content because this detail has gotten boring-

Eureka didn’t deserve to stay; she had a stunning runway last night, but when is the last time she truly brought something new to the table?

Kameron should’ve won that lip sync outright. Keeping her old lady character for the first part was inspired, and she really brought it the entire time.
It’s obvious that they’re setting up an Aquaria v Miz lip sync and the fact that the producers are pushing this riggamorris storyline is definitely disappointing.
Definitely worried about Miz. Started out very strong, but she’s so stuck in her own head.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Whalley posted:

Last episode she didn't have a hidden deep trauma over an aspect of the challenge, that's new?

It was pretty cool to see her actively overcome her fear of destroying her knee again- seeing her throw in those high kicks was pretty :3:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

It would be A++ if they did that on the WoW YouTube channel!

With every lip sync in herstory. Even season 1.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Pinwiz11 posted:

While I'd love to see the full tapes, it would also show when they sent the person who won the LSFYL home despite their performance. You know that happens.

#Justice4Tammie

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Queens pop off their skirts, cumbersome outfits and (goddamnit) their shoes; dunno why she didn’t pop out that belly before doing crazy acrobatics.

Another reason I was all huffy about Eureka staying- she took her shoes off! NO!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Alaska’s AS2 latex look was hella Pris-inspired I think!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Ru is having more fun than I’ve seen in years. :3:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

VANJIE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

legit the only positive thing I have to say about her is that at least she isn't wearing a loving onesie

• Locked thread