Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

RIP I may have to avoid the thread if we're DRTing in here, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

shadow puppet of a posted:

Yeah, sorry about that. I guess telling a dozen people to halt all conversation just for your convenience alone was a little too much to ask.

lol I just asked if people mind spoilering, not to stop, but ok werk.

I figured it would continue into this thread anyway, just feelin' my weird sad oats.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Eureka's great and I'm rooting for her this year.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I honestly can't think of any Ru girl I would say I hate. It's hard to think of one I even just dislike, other than maybe Sasha Velour tbh. I guess I disliked Thorgy on her season but it was more like I found her annoying.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Agreed tbqh

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I watch RPDR at a bar or at my friend's with a group all drinking, usually. Or if I'm at home I might get drunk.

Always baked tho

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Oh hell yes we should

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Katya has a podcast now? Fuuuuuck yes.

e: we need a good idea for a tag. kitty girls? ru girls? heathers? hennies? hunties?

esperterra fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Mar 22, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pan Dulce posted:

Give us some details!

When I grabbed the RSS I saw an article mentioning she went to rehab? Maybe relapsed. :<

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Heathers? in the Drag Race font/colour would be preeeetty great. Phrased as a question ofc so we may channel Henny. But I really don't care what it is just that a tag may exist someday lmao

e: toot would be v good too. or SHOOT b/c we're all sickening

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

caligulamprey posted:

The short of it being Katya relapsed to the point of getting evicted, getting arrested and having a heart attack along with what sounds like some real gender/sexuality conflicts.

Honestly, after the full two hours I feel like it might be a little early for Katya to come back, but that's more out of concern than anything. I'd prefer a live Brian to a dead Katya.

Jeeeesus. That'll be quite the listen when I get home. I was worried she may have taken a step back due to relapsing but that sounds so much worse.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Something about the cadence of "Natalia Pliacam" with Thai inflection is just lovely. Bonus that she's an incredible villain and double points that it means tired clit.

Do any of these queens have merch because I would buy a Dearis Doll hat with no hesitation.

Also obligatory 'Panpan is hot" post.

Hi thread. I'm excited for s10.

lmao your av and text is too good

e: I find myself wondering if they skipped a reunion and went straight to Season 10 b/c they knew that ending was a dumpster fire

on the other hand I'm amazed they didn't do a reunion after that b/c there would be some salty bitches up in that episode and that would have been gold, like them filming 9's reunion after filming the finale so you had angry shea and smug sasha

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm still upset we didn't get a Eureka vs THE TUCK lip sync.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

My body is ready to receive its birthday gift from Mama Ru.

ugh the next like seven hours are going to be so long

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I wish Ross was just a permanent fixture, he's so good esp when he and Michelle disagree. But all of his opinions are A+ and he isn't afraid to deeply criticize the girls when they're performing badly.

Also he's adorable <3

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

cis autodrag posted:

I miss Santino

I unironically miss his no drag knowledge mouth. That's why I want Ross to take the spot of Santino. Ru needs 2 constant judges with him at all times imo. Ross is a way better pick than Carson would be.

Speaking of Carson, there's a new Queer Eye on Netflix but with all new 'mos?? wtf when did this happen

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

cis autodrag posted:

Carsons lizard face just freaks me out.

He does make the best reactions, though. I'll always think of him fondly for giving us the most appropriate reaction to the Shut Up and Drive lip sync.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQeACCY36ZM beautiful

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

the escape goat posted:

bring back Elvira at least 3 times per season.

yesss

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I miss Merle.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Michelle Visage's Drag Race

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

She is gorgeous and amazing both in and out of her kit.

I really want Alaska to get the show if it continues whenever Ru becomes fully over it, though. My dream.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

God Save the Queen and bless Canadia for bestowing Untucked upon us on television after the main episode for seasons 7 through 9. Untucked being on YouTube isn't terrible, but I don't understand why the hell they released it the morning after instead of the night of for you guys ??

What I want to know is if a new studio + probably a much better budget means we'll be getting something similar to the old Untucked, or at least something with more than one location.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Oh I like the Gay of Thrones dude, maybe I'll queue an episode of new Queer Eye up when I stumble home from tonight's festivities.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

What a premiere! This felt like OG Drag Race through and through, other than the lack of Werkroom Ru and Untucked still being just one room (but at least the girls brought drama!). Really happy with this batch of queens and even more happy I waited 'til last night to meet most of them.

Standouts for me so far are Yuhua, who I'm 100% rooting for to win right now, Cracker, Blair, Mayhem and Monique. I was really excited for Monet but she bumbled the hell out of the challenge, I'm amazed she wasn't in the bottom with that sponge dress. But I'm feeling pretty confident she'll step it up next week. At least I hope she does. She is 100% Pretty Bob but that's not a bad thing.

I pegged Kalorie as first out and I'm amazed she stayed in, especially because when it was down to her and Vanessa I was expecting Baby Mateo to turn it the gently caress out. Kalorie surprised me with that lip sync and deserved to stay, but Vanjie being gone is already a huge hole in my heart and in the confessionals because girl was loving hilarious. I hope we have a ru turning queen episode just so we can get 60 more minutes of her talking at the camera.

Blair St. Clair surprised the poo poo out of me. I was lowkey stanning her just because I love that bougie-rear end name so much and I'm glad it turns out she might be a real threat this season. She 100% looks like an 11 year old lesbian out of drag tho.

Also holy gently caress Yuhua is gorgeous.

e: oh and I was super underwhelmed by Aquaria this week. nothing to do with her attitude (which is about as entitled as I expected it to be, I'm not bothered by it), but her runway look was a choice. i get what she was going for but it didn't come together well in the end, for me, and for a girl known for having her mug beat to perfection I think her makeup looked pretty bad, which made it even funnier when she was whining about Cracker copying her. bitch they barely looked anything like eachother!

e2: michelle coming so hard for dusty's dots on the first episode was weird, but I wonder how the dots come off from the judges table, it probably looks messy. also the dots are awful and I hope we don't see them very often b/c other than that I like Dusty a lot

esperterra fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 23, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

alf_pogs posted:

can someone gif Vanjie Mateo giving one tiny percent of a poo poo when Ru tells her she's special after deciding to eliminate her? total lack of reaction to the ceremonial niceness made me wish she stuck around a lot

Her unmoving expression when Ru went 'Bam!' was what killed me.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pinwiz11 posted:

She definitely made a great impression in one episode, she'll do fine.

Yeah, lot of people upset she was first out so I'm sure she will be fine and end up being a popular Ru Girl even if they don't do a returning queen episode this year.

Honestly I could see her being the first queen to show up on All Stars as a first out queen. Seems like she left an impression on everyone at that judge's table.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

In honour of Miss Vanjie I'm going to rewatch season 3.

e: lol even though i've seen seasons 2 and 3 so many goddamn times I always forget they used to introduce themselves by their real names as well as their drag names

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

GIVE THIS WOMAN A CROWN ALREADY

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Kameron is a complete butterface imo, but yeah this whole cast is generally hot or cute.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Butterface went away???

Sad.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

BoobsForQueens.com

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Monique's skirt was incredible and I loved that neckpiece, but ngl the top was giving me Derrick Barry Book Ball teas and threw the whole thing off for me.

Dat wig tho.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Tendai posted:

Kind of lusting on Yuhua both in and out of drag

me irl

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Her twerk was really bad imo, but when she pulled those bills out of her tits and made it rain while she did the splits I was living so it balanced out.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

icehotels posted:

I wasn't able to find Untucked. Help?

Might be on the VH1 site if you're in the States, since it's off YT and back on TV.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lmao you're such a salty bitch people had the audacity to ask for spoiler tags for DRT

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

tbh I don't even care that much any more if nobody wants to spoiler. I asked about it in the last thread to no response so nbd, my post in this one was extra for sure but I wasn't being dead serious. And someone else has suggested spoiler tags at this point, too.

I just love how me asking if anybody minds spoilering results turned into me demanding it?? And that 'ugh I can't believe there are people who aren't weekly watching this foreign show that can only be pirated, the nerve' is apparently a hill to die on.

like lbr that's extra, too

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

I would also like some clarification here, i feel like I remember she has had a look with some sort of ear paddle looking thing but I can't remember what it was for the life of me. Thanks everyone for the Dusty Raybottoms clarification, did not realize that was a reflection of his full name. Season 10 hottest boys, I'm ready.

The first episode of Katya's new podcast was great, I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes. As an amateur witch gay the interview segment with Vlada (sp?) was excellent. The Jerri Blank of Witchcraft joke had me howling.

Also, found a thing:

The second episode is really good, too. She seems a bit more composed in it but it's still all over the place.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Their mugs look a lot alike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

iirc she clapped back at Carmen Carerra during the she-mail debacle.

• Locked thread