Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

also lmbo the 'it's airing in December' tea was true, too.

The tea for the events of the actual season tho has been a clusterfuck so I have no idea how this is going to go. Going to keep it that way, too. All Stars is the only Drag Race thing I care about actual season spoilers for, less so about being spoiled on the queens.

A normal season of Drag Race idgaf going in knowing the elimination order usually lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Three seasons in a year is whack, but if airing AS4 in December means we get a break before season 11, I'm glad for it.

Granted they could air it all year round tbh and I would be lowkey happy. But I hope this means they're going to at least space the seasons out this time, esp if we're going to keep getting All-Stars every year.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

jit bull transpile posted:

I'm surprised Gia decided to do the show. She was on social media not that long ago saying people like her weren't welcome on drag race. I wonder what they did and said to change her mind.

She's already admitted that was to throw off the people who already clocked her as being on the cast back in spring.

e: those interviews and posts were after filming. it's possible something happened on her as run but for now it seems it was her way of holding up her NDA

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars 4: Jesus is a biscuit!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Also now that I can speak freely about the cast lmao DEAR GOD do I want Yarlexis to be given another shot, as well. AS5 pls continue the trend of letting the girls unfortunately cast in AS1 return.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 4: I'm Roxxxy Andrews and I'm here to make it clear. I know you love me, baby, that's why you brought me here. Was a bitch on season 5, I'm gonna make it right. Give me a sewing challenge and I'll give you what you like. I'm pulling tricks baby, just like on Halloween, a room full of monsters and it makes me wanna scream. I have to get this right so you don't waste your time. Not like my comedy, I'm killing on this rhyme!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

big dyke energy posted:

Roxxxy out of drag looks almost exactly like my brothers, it has always weirded me out too much.

related

it's uncanny

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 4: #TeamLatrila

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 4: Hey hey hey HEYYYY! Put cha lighter’s up! Ganja’s in the house owwwwww! As you can tell from my accent I am from Dallas, Tex-rear end! And it was not very easy growing up looking like this! Whether I was playing in my grandma’s clothes or putting on a show for my well-organized alphabetically-ordered beanie babies I was guh guh guh GAY! OKKURRR! But it wasn’t until I moved to Los Angeles that I discovered marijuana, I mean I like to smoke, y’all I am just flying as high as your receding hairline! OKUr! marijuana really does help me calm down, so y’all, I went to Valencia where they film the TV show Weeds! Now, y’all, it’s very dry️, it’s almost kinda like your vajoina! Can I get an amen? Now y’all, I am a treehugger, because if it ain’t green️, HUH, I’m not interested! Okcuuuuuurrrrr!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Eej posted:

So Seasons 2-7 have been added to Netflix so I'm working backwards starting with 7. What exactly do people like about Violet Chachki again? Watching her in drag race she's all look and her personality (if you could call it that) is basically of someone who wants praise and can't handle the slightest bit of criticism.

Her burlesque number in the finale is what sold me on her. And she brought it to the runway every week. Her look at the season 8 finale is also one of my fave RPDR looks period. I love Violet on rewatches tho tbh. I like season 7 a lot more in retrospect. It just had way too many acting challenges, especially in a season full of look queens. I actually dislike and have always disliked 8 more than 7.

Also as much as I love Katya, Kennedy won that lip sync. Neither she or Trixie were robbed lol

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Her Death Becomes Her look made me gay gasp on a level Sharon's Rupocalypse look did. So loving fierce.

Also Willam's new album is incredible.

This is an original and a loving bop. Hella cock tho so NSFW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cij9n2BfnPE

Also Trixie collabing on a song about Willam's drag mum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC193lIaGEc

Thers's an A+ Royals parody with Latrice too.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The ring toss bit :discourse:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 4: Give Manila sewing challenge and she'll give you what you like.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It's so drat good.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I forgot to link this gem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWx6esyAocA

e: also here's the one w/ Latrice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f2g4K5VyNo

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Stop!!! ... doing drag

just kidding

Willam's music has always been p well produced but this album is like a whole nother level w/r/t the tracks themselves. His lyrics have always been clever tho. Smart fish!!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Aileen is gr8. Fitting that Trixie played guitar on it too, she's always called Willam the Aileen Wuornos of drag lmao and Willam has always referred to Aileen as his drag mother.

If the shoe fits ....

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I love Monique, but wish she had been cast for 5 instead. Give the girl another year to make some coint and she could turn it out so loving hard. I imagine she'll have improved a lot, but poo poo this is airing the same year 10 did. That's shorter than, say, Aja got between 9 and AS3, or Katya between 7 and AS2.

e: also looks like Markaholic produced Willam's album. He's worked w/ Ru before (I think he did the cast version of Kitty Girl?) and recently produced Alaska and Jeremy's latest.

Also this song which is a bop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMejbu1HWm0

esperterra fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Nov 13, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

gandlethorpe posted:

While anyone would benefit from having more time to prepare, I think Monique had everything she needed to slay S10 minus the coin to fund her wardrobe. If she made enough in between the filming of S10 and AS4, then I'm not too worried that she didn't have enough time.

I think she's spoken since the reveal about not making as much coin as she would have liked, and not being able to have as much made as she'd like. But agreed-- her having to make a new outfit every week was what hamstrung her the most. I think she'll slay on AS4 either way, I just wish she'd gotten more time to bake.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Also since I'm already spamming Willam tracks I always love an excuse to post my fave track of his, which is in every playlist I make til the end of time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ainJZE0vSyQ

Also Jiz is gr8 if quite dated already lmao. There's some slurs in the intro bit from the Jiz episode Willam did this for, so if you want to skip to the song it starts at 44s.

All the poo poo with DWV was really great, too, and I hope AAA Girls does more poo poo. Heather? is too good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBCQZNmmCus

gandlethorpe posted:

Of course, that's all moot. If WOW has any brains, they'll just have Monique on every season from here on out, even if she wins AS4.

Just have her show up as a talking head every year.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Daddy Dick is gr8 and goddamn at this rate I hope he does a video for every track on thr album lmbo

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ICHIBAHN posted:

Doubt it's easy

He probably films most of them on a greenscreen in his office/studio. It's easier for him than a lot of people, I'd bet.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

https://mobile.twitter.com/rupaulsdragrace/status/1062078968059383808?s=21

e: ^^ I agree. She's made her name with video content at this point-- so many of her fans found drag race thru her beatdown videos, for instance.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

eh they were both pretty bad imo, and Pearl had been performing better in general so I was fine with her win.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

We'll never move past Read U Wrote U jokes imo

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think I saw something about Netflix having the UK air rights for AS4, maybe?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I could have sworn it was US. RIP.

idk I get seasons 1-10 and all of All-Stars and Untucked on OutTV GO lmbo get rekt non Canadian countries

We also got seasons 2 onward in HD from the go lol REKT!!!!

(for real tho it sucks the rights seem to keep bouncing around diff services in the States for some reason)

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm just amazed VH1 doesn't have some way to watch their poo poo on demand. Or maybe they do and it's behind a cable provider.

At any rate with how hot Drag Race is right now you'd expect one of the big streaming services to have snatched it all up.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It's bad. Probably less bad in the original language with original jokes and dialogue, but I doubt watching it in Portugese suddenly makes it good.

I don't find it offensive so much as lazy personally.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

My dream top 4 is Manila, Latrice, Trinity and Naomi. Ugh so many queens I'll be sad to see go tho.

Sidenote I pray Gia does a kabuki number for the talent show, assuming they do it a third time.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

They also did that skit while S9 was airing, which called out Trinity's killer tuck. No queens in that skit tho.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

curiousTerminal posted:

Everybody knows three strikes are from baseball, which, as a sport, no gay person has ever voluntarily come into contact with.

the legions of gay softball leagues would beg to differ

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Which is always funny to me b/c Ginger is the same age as Fame.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

angerbeet posted:

They have a Dykes vs. Divas softball match in Halifax most Prides, it's entertaining, to say the least.

https://globalnews.ca/video/4359878/halifax-pride-wraps-up-2018-event-with-annual-dykes-vs-divas-softball-game

"Spectators have been warned if they are looking for a high-quality softball game they may leave disappointed."

That sounds fun enough to almost make me want to go to Halifax.

But lmao like I'm leaving the west coast to go to loving Nova Scotia

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Willam's album has been pulled from a lot of services and this makes me a sad gay.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ICHIBAHN posted:

Why pulled

Probably getting dinged for copyright on the parodies due to ~algorithms~ despite being fair use.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Nemo posted:

According to his Patreon it's a copyright issue with the album title.

Now That's What I Call Some Bullshit

caligulamprey posted:

Via a friends-of-friends situation, I’ve been hanging out with Jinkx Monsoon’s Nana for Thanksgiving.

We’ve been hanging out and watching Fraiser all evening.

That sounds cozy and awesome.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I am down for some super naked Gia so the latter pls

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

TKB's I'm Every Woman lip sync :discourse:

dem fan snappppsss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

loving finally lmao. It's only been teased for like six years!

• Locked thread