Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

She's doing a big comedy tour right now. Vancouver show's sold out and I'd imagine other venues are doing well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Hnghhhhhhh that is monumentally lovely, wow. I'm assuming there has been zero in the vein of an apology.

And as y'all have said I'm sure she's still doing fine, because as cis white gays, we are still cis and white first. Doing any work beyond that to try to be less lovely than our fellow white cis men is optional and frankly, looked down upon. Gross.

At least I feel good about Hurricane Bianca being bad now.

iirc she apologized to Carmen not long after it happened. This was all in like 2014.

Still a bad look. There's tasteless jokes then there's bad tasteless jokes. She could have clapped back at Carmen without bringing her transness into it.

e: still a bianca fan, too, and i'd hate if people assumed I have an issue with trans people because of it. She made an ugly and horrible mistake and fessed up to it. hasn't had any controversy since afaik

and yeah hurricane bianca is awful. worth it for willam and shangie tho and i'll be watching the sequel mostly for them + katya

esperterra fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 26, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

With how messy RPDR fans can be, especially the younger and straighter ones, I don't blame you lol. The fandom for this show is a mixed bag and like 70% of that bag is terrible these days.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Since the episodes are so long this year I'm breaking my rule of not watching the episode previews, and loving LOL it was worth it. This season is going to be goooood.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

That sounds kind of sad because I can only assume it’s some sick/disabled queer kid with a lot of time on their hands bc of their condition

Nah it's straight or 'bisexual' tween girls usually. They also usually write the queens as if they're biological women.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

When are we going to see Bette Midler goddamnit!!! 12 seasons and not one queen has done her. Such shameful gays.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

:siren:WERKROOM RU:siren:

e: please have alyssa edwards coach every challenge

esperterra fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Mar 30, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I like the lip sync musical challenges in theory, but only Glamazonian Airways and Bitch Perfect were any good in terms of the songs not being embarrassingly bad.

As for last night's episode!! Goddamn this season is good! I'm loving all of the girls, and I was really starting to love Kalorie for her werkroom interactions this week, but I'm not surprised to see her be second out. Eureka was a bit insufferable with her pity party but I get where she was coming from. I get why people are tired of her. I don't get people thinking her lip sync was bad, though. She rocked that poo poo and gave me all sorts of emotion. Lackluster LSFYL overall but mostly because Kalorie wasn't very good-- or at least what the cameras showed us of Kalorie wasn't very good. I thought Eureka did loving great though and was the clear winner.

Love love loving The Vixen. I love that she's a messy ho out for drama but she's also been super sweet and supportive to the other queens and a shoulder to cry on. Like she's that sister who loves everyone but still wants THE FACTS when it comes to drama. Her wanting to mess with Aquaria to amuse herself was also kind of delightful, I like her a lot. Her winning the main challenge wouldn't have been my first choice, but I can see why she won it. She was good in the performance-- though not as good as Kameron or Blair, when it came to her team-- and her runway was gorgeous, but it definitely gave me Disastah teas. Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't so close to AS3 and we just saw Aja's rudemption look for that. But I can't blame The Vixen for wearing it considering the seasons were filmed back to back and she would have had no idea. That said she wasn't the best looking girl on the runway or the best girl in the challenge, but she performed well in both and was team leader for a group that ended up working super well and cohesively together, there wasn't really a weak link among them and they all played off eachother well. I can see her getting bonus points and the win for that. A queen who was team leader has been in the bottom before when she wasn't the worst so I'm fine with a queen who was a team leader winning when she wasn't necessarily the best.

The runway this week was kind of a mess. I loved them springing Best Drag on the queens in episode loving two, but it was clear nobody wanted to actually bust out their best drag so early. And some tea from Vanessa at a viewing party says the category may have actually been 'Trademark Drag' when given to the girls, which would make sense for the looks they were serving. But standouts there for me would be Mayhem, Aquaria, Blair, Dusty, Monique, Cracker and Kameron. Yuhua and Asia looked really good, too, but I liked the girls listed before them better for this runway. Of all of those looks I listed, though, none of them said best drag to me. If the tea about it being trademark drag is true then these looks make a lot more sense. Still too many bodysuits, though.

Asia is me re: Monet's loving sponge dress. Also re: Kameron and sleeves, I don't think she's a muscle queen in the sense one would think when saying muscle queen, so I don't get the complaints. Her whole schtick (from what I can tell) is putting super feminine outfits on her hard, sexy man body so I can understand why she isn't showing off her muscles constantly.

Padma was a loving excellent guest judge and I want her back, and I was surprised how good Halsey was, as well, and I wouldn't mind at all if she came back in the future as well. Her little moments with Michelle were also adorable. loving loving this season so far. Feels way more like the show I'm madly in love with of seasons 1-6. I still loved the show in seasons 7-9 but it was definitely missing something. I don't know what the gently caress was up with the editing of the past few seasons to have so little of what we're seeing now: werkroom Ru, the girls actually preparing for the challenge, mini challenges etc. With 90 minutes we're suddenly getting all the things that the show used to be able to edit into 40. It's weird. I'm happy we're getting it, but it's weird, and I wonder if it will stay this way next season. I imagine the 90 minute runtime is due to this being a milestone season and we'll be back to 40 next year. Here's hoping they keep the flow of the episodes back to this/the oldschool style.

Please replace Todrick with Alyssa Edwards every loving year. Watching her coach was so good and it makes me even saltier it's taking so long for her Beyond Belief show to drop. She was constructive and helpful while still being critical, and all wrapped in that Alyssa energy and making the girls feel good and not like poo poo if they got stuff wrong. loving amazing coach.

e: Kameron surprised the hell out of me this episode and I hope if she ever hits bottom two she ends up being a lip sync assassin. Her performance was great. Blair was a standout to me, too, despite her fumbling a lot of the choreography she made it work and embodied her character. These two queens are super quiet but imo they are definitely real competition for this season.

e2: Aquaria and Dusty were the best parts of their team in terms of both challenge and runway. Yuhua was better than Aquaria in the performance, though. But Dusty was definitely the standout there.

e3: srsly though the vixen is so great. she reminds me a lot of bianca (in terms of personality, because even though she did well this episode she is no bianca in terms of performance, that's for sure), but turned up to 11 and actually seeking drama instead of just being shady.

esperterra fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 30, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

To be fair to the rest of the thread, I think that's mostly just been my thirsty rear end bitching that i want to see more of her muscles. See me with them arms Kameron :kimchi: Kameron is giving a bit of Priscilla Queen of the Desert to me for some reason, but i can't decide if it's Guy Pearce or Hugo Weaving.

The trademark drag T makes total sense, if true it's weird that they would curve it like that in the final edit.

I loved Aquaria this week, she and Dusty definitely surprised and delivered.

Yeah, it's a shame they were stuck on the losing team. I agree with Dusty that she may well have won the whole challenge if her team hadn't lost.

e: also fair re: kameron and his sexy arms

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

God I wish Kasha Davis had gotten to stay on longer. I feel like she would have excelled in quite a few of the numerous acting challenges that year.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Drag Race ROYALTY

so drat good

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Michelle is just hella new age and into like oil pulling and not wearing deodorant and stuff. All about keeping toxins outta her body.

Lucian went like full on insane for a bit and at one point accused Ariana Grande of being in on/using the Manchester bombing as publicity. I can't remember the finer details of his crazy.

Santino I can't remember what his deal is tbh

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Didn't Santino post a vid of him getting railed by some dude to his FB at some point?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I feel weird saying Yuhua is or isn't trans without some kind of confirmation, though I wouldn't be surprised if she were trans (or if she were just a super femme guy!)

So I did a little google-fu and it looks like at a red carpet event or smth for the premiere she mentioned she identifies as neither cis nor trans and is gender neutral.

quote:

“Drag is whatever you want to be and anybody should have the ability to have fun, be free, and play with drag because drag is for everybody,” Yuhua said. “I’m not trans or cisgender, I identify as gender neutral and I got on the show. So drag is for everybody and I’m here to represent that community.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/drag-race-queens-sound-off-on-rupaul-and-trans-performers-drag-is-for-everybody

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I don't think the producers ever forced people not to take their hormones, but the potential/threat of not being accepted to compete or being kicked out had a lot of girls in the past stop taking their hormones for a few weeks while they competed, which loving sucks and I really, really hope that never happens again.

Has Peppermint ever said anything about if she was allowed to take her hormones while filming?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

cis autodrag posted:

I haven't seen anything. I kinda glaze over her insta posts though cuz she's kinda boring irl

Maybe I'll dig in the subreddit when I'm bored at work tmw, if anyone knows it'll be the Nancy Drews there.

e: if all you missed was the lip sync you could probably youtube it by now

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pinwiz11 posted:

When you need more Vanjie in your life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOEK224NgI4

(From the same guy who did "I'm So Into Voguing Right Now")

This is great, I loving love Adam Joseph. He also did the Linda Evangelista mix, which if nobody has seen Laganja's performance to that song y'all need to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Y9JuiJXks

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It's tough rn but if I had to pick a top four I'd pick Yuhua, Mayhem, one of the twins probably, and ... gently caress idk I could go Monique, Blair, or hell Dusty after this week.

Super strong cast so far so I expect my picks that aren't Yuhua and Mayhem to change a lot.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Raere posted:

Dusty was at a crossroads this episode. He could've continued to do his stupid dots all over his face to spite Michelle because it's his "signature look" or he could adapt. He chose the latter which is what the show's all about.

Not even that, he found a good middle ground where he had small dots that were very Dusty around the eyes, but not super noticable to Michelle, and the only dot really on his face could pass as a beauty mark. I commend the hell out of that decision esp if the tea about the category actually being 'trademark drag' is true, no wonder he was fussing over whether he should do the dots again after Michelle dragged him the first week.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

twistedbutterfly posted:

Aside from maybe Porkchop, are there any other first out queens as loved as Vanjie has become?

... Shangela? lol

Other than those two I think Vanjie is probably the most loved.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I call her Pretty Bob but I am digging Discount Bob.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

What a cutie.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

:same: except I type it all the time

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I know Eureka talked about it last year, but it must have been off the show b/c I don't remember whether she brought it up or not when Peppermint told the other queens she was trans.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Red Lobster!

e: ^^ lbr violet was way into it

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Kawaii doggo tho

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm so tempted to get someone to make this av sized for me

Too good. I could honestly still go on and on about how great Christina was on the show fuuuuck

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Farrah looking so much like Christina was why I loved her early on, then her silly whiny attitude made her even more endearing to me. That and she loves Dolly Parton.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

alf_pogs posted:

theres a few queens from s9 who i actually find really fun and memorable and farrah is chief among them. just so unashamedly high-gloss! i really think s9 suffered from a bad edit; the reunion show seemed legitimately spiced up

For such a great batch of queens, season 9 was abnormally boring.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

alf_pogs posted:

preview for next week

http://www.vh1.com/video-clips/5j21f6/rupauls-drag-race-first-look-tap-that-app

monique's still cranky about her critiques, but in the immortal words of trixie, "that's a lot of emotion for safe".

ru sounds like he's got a cold or is dosed up to the eyeballs on some sort of tranq. but man! that mini-challenge brought a tear to my eye. these girls are great!! it could have easily been very annoying and unwatchable garbage, and i mean, it still kind of was, but i loved it? i think i have fallen in love with boy vixen's look in the talking heads.

combined with her success in the mini-challenge, monique's talking heads make me think she's either cruising for a bottom-two bruising or a win this episode. monet vs yuhua is something i didn't see coming.

Weeeeeeeeerk tap dance queen!

Also lol Kameron's quick drag is adorable.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Weed Wolf posted:

yeah, blair really surprised me there. always cool to see queens showing off talents in weird situations

Blair and Kameron both I think will be surprise competition. If they both make it to Snatch Game i think they'll potentially be forces to be reckoned with. They're super quiet but have been delivering solid performances and looks on the DL these past two episodes. I like them a lot.

Kameron is way funnier than I expected her to be. She was so good in the last episode.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think it's been stated at some point that Ru or WOW don't want to have any other queens at the judging table, even out of drag. I feel like that's the only plausible reason Lady Bunny has never judged an episode. You'd think she would have done a bunch of them by now if there wasn't an unspoken (but I think spoken at some point) rule about Ru being the only drag queen at the table.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I said I felt!!!!

But yeah I looked it up and lol must have misremembered, there's been no official announcement. Certainly seems like an unspoken rule after 12 seasons with no other queen ever judging, though.

Also re: Bunny and Drag U I always heard she was offered a spot on RPDR proper but turned it down(probably because she didn't want to judge other queens, yeah), which is why she ended up doing Drag U later.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It's a bad show but worth watching for Lady Bunny and also Rujubee, as well as the other queens who pop up. But there's some seriously great Raven and Juju stuff.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Eh I don't think there's anything problematic about that at all, but every person'll view it differently.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lmao I was hoping it was the ring clip. Very good.

e: also good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YhCm4EHiGk

e2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw_l1L3T2nA

lmao Drag U was so bad

esperterra fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Apr 5, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Viacom'd.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Kameron's look was a loving SHOOT. I liked most of the runways this episode, though some were waaaaaay weaker than others.

The challenge was fun and had a good balance of actually funny, hilariously bad, as well as cringe inducing. The hallmark of a solid acting challenge imho. That Buttrface app, though, was loving dumb and the fibstr girls could have done something more interesting than what they decided on. Buttrface at least gave us the glory of Asia O'Hara mugging for the camera and the pitt crew dude jacking off Aquaria's Pinocchio nose. Fibstr gave me p much nothing. Dusty was fine, but not enough to elevate it. Also, Aquaria asking if Yuhua was having her Doo Wah moment was p cute. Aquaria is weird. When I like her, I like her a lot but 80% of the time I think she's annoying or being a twat. She's not nearly charming nor thick skinned enough to be so bitchy.

Sad to see Yuhua go, I was stanning for her hard, go but it was definitely her week, she 100% did the worst of the queens in the challenge and the runway. I would have been sad to see either of them go, but I'm a little less sad it was Yuhua even if she was one of my top picks in episode 1. I'm not sure yet if Mayhem can bring it hard enough to be funny, I can't see comedy out of her like the rest of these queens and we still have Snatch Game, if she makes it that far. But after that LSFYL I would not be surprised if she hits the bottom a few more times but still scrapes her way to top 4. That poo poo was lit.

This is a super strong cast and I am going to be upset every week, probably. Aquaria is the queen I'm the least attached to now, but I still kinda dig what she's bringing. My favourite queens as of this week are Blair, Monique, Vixen, Mayhem and my elephant queen, goddamnit. Asia has been a loving delight, and when Cracker hits she's great, but she missed more than hit this week imo. I've been enjoying Dusty all around, but she hasn't really stood out the way the other queens have to me. Kameron may be quiet but her runways have been overall really interesting, while I've only really loved the one Dusty did that was inspired by that avant garde doll.

That fuckin tweety bird look btw, goddamn. It was super close between Asia and Blair in the challenge, Blair with a foot up maybe for directing her team so well, and having more material to work with than Asia did, but that runway sealed the fuckin deal and was amazing. Blair's was good from far away but looked unfinished when you kept your eyes on it. Asia knocked it out of the park.

also lol we finally have a batch of queens to make single-room Untucked not boring.

Did anyone else hear Eureka get really excited from the back when Asia won that gift certificate or w/e to D'lish or something?? lmao

e: i just realized I completely forgot to mention Monet so maybe she's the queen I'm the least interested in right now??? but I still like her lmao she's just not stood out other than the voguing/walking challenge ep1 imo

e2: plus she bequeathed upon us the sponge blot

e3: oh courtney love was really fun and i am so glad they went with celebrity skin, i had been hoping for it the most

esperterra fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Apr 6, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

Kameron is so lucky that her runway look saved her rear end.

Also, holy hell, Blair looking like pre-drug Lindsay Lohan in the mini challenge.

idk I think of the three bottoms Kameron did the least bad. She was super bland, but at least she had material. Mayhem and Yuhua both fell soooo flat, Mayhem because she was in it for 3 seconds and Yuhua because lmao I mean come on it was bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Anyone else notice really weird audio nonsense when Ru tells the girls to lsfyl and the thunder comes in? Maybe it's just a weird coincidence on OUTTv but the levels drop on Ru's voice when the thunder hits then goes back up again on the last line before the song hits.

But I could just be really high........

• Locked thread