Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

big black turnout posted:

What the fuuuuuuuuck

I tried to stream the episode live and the app kept telling me to log in after it would tell me I was logged in. No big deal, I figured, I'll watch it tonight. Put it on tonight, got to the commercial break after "bring back my girls", it jumps straight to whatcha packin with the loser and I can't even get it to go to the lip sync. I'm so loving angry

This same thing happened to me. It seems like someone tucked up and uploaded the episode with the post show crap BEFORE the last act. Literally fast forwarded it 25 minutes and there it was. We were so confused. Someone done messed up.

Fake edit: I just noticed I said “tucked up” but I’ll leave it, Freudian typo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
I’ve edited enough television that I have a good ear for when a line is ADR’d, and Ru’s workroom lines were definitely re-recorded, which is why they sounded so...off. And on the runway you could tell his voice wasn’t entirely there. My guess is that his voice was so bad in the workroom they actually re-recorded all of his lines, including the ones on camera (which is rare in reality tv)

I always end up playing a “spot the ADR” game with shows like this. The sound quality changes, and the lines are never said on camera. And they almost always are lines that are there because they needed something more concise. If Ru didn’t clearly explain a rule to a challenge or what he said was too long-winded to edit down without sounding messy, then to the voiceover booth he goes.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

curiousTerminal posted:

My favorite ones are from back when the show was rapidly gaining popularity in seasons 4-6 and the website that it was hosted on changed domain names 4 times so the "see more clips" lines at the end of the mini challenges were always like "I'm going to upload the best clips to 𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚘𝚝𝚟.𝚌𝚘𝚖" [smash cut to a queen nodding or striking a pose]
How much you wanna bet the pun flurry on the runway is 50-75% ADR?

Yeah I’ve always wondered about that too. The puns are too good to be 100% off the cuff.

Seriously though, the puns might consistently be my favorite thing about the show.

• Locked thread