Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gays fashion
Dec 28, 2012

Also loving DR Thailand. The focus being back on sewing and photoshoots is refreshing after so many acting challenges in the main series recently.

Who is everyone's favorites so far? From the first look, Monét X Change and Vanessa Vanjie Mateo are standing out to me personality and look-wise. And though they were a little more reserved in the preview, I'm hoping The Vixen and Aquaria will impress us more as the weeks go on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gays fashion
Dec 28, 2012

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Hi can we please discuss the weird emphasis that Dusty Ray Bottoms places on his own name. Why is the emphasis on the middle syllable? Even in the context of the story he tells to explain it, the syllabic emphasis only makes sense if someone asked a question like "who here bottoms." Like I want to say it with the same cadence I say all three named queens. Like Carly Rae Jepsen or Billy Ray Cyrus. I think about this at night. Hi. Normal.

He's probably just using the emphasis from his own name, Dustin Rayburn. Why he would spell it as if Ray was a middle name though, who knows.

gays fashion
Dec 28, 2012

I liked The Vixen from the start, but this preview just solidified her position as one of my favorites this season. I don't know how people saw "bullying" in the strategic Eureka/Aquaria pairing, everyone would be living if Shangela pulled a stunt like that.

Re: race and representation: one thing I noticed is that the fanbase (myself included) love the conceited and bitchy personas of queens like Willam and Violet but see those same aspects as negative in someone like Tyra. Of course, Tyra's done a great job of sabotaging her image after the show as well, but that's a different issue.

• Locked thread