Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Raere posted:

Is Eureka gonna be just as annoying as she was before?

If not more so :v:

I actually don't mind her, but that said I'm really hoping she doesn't recontinue that grating wave to the camera thing she did in S9 at the end of each episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

drat, that Katya stuff is incredibly :smith:

gays fashion posted:

Also loving DR Thailand. The focus being back on sewing and photoshoots is refreshing after so many acting challenges in the main series recently.

Who is everyone's favorites so far? From the first look, Monét X Change and Vanessa Vanjie Mateo are standing out to me personality and look-wise. And though they were a little more reserved in the preview, I'm hoping The Vixen and Aquaria will impress us more as the weeks go on.
Based on the interviews with Sasha Velour: Asia O'Hara, Monet X Change, Miz Cracker
Based on the preview: Yuhua :allears:

Kalorie seems really sweet. I didn't really get an impression of what her specialty is (dancing, comedy etc), but I hope she's not an early out.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

^^^
Thank god that line's becoming a meme. Now I don't feel so mean about quoting it ten times a day.

preview:

lol at Monet continuing to defend that godawful sponge dress. Delusion, convince yourself etc

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Man, Untucked was gold this week. The sight alone of Aquaria crying in her bleeding, arrowed bird outfit is one of my favourite things so far this season.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

In other news, Robbie Turner was in a fatal drunk driving accident.

Link

Er, apparently she might have stretched the truth on that :psyduck:

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Well drat. I totally thought Mayhem would make it to the end. Admittedly she peaked in episode one and fell kinda flat since then, but still, I would've preferred to see her stay over Monet. Mayhem might've been able to pull it together eventually, but Monet doesn't seem to have the self awareness needed to even recognise her gently caress-ups, let alone improve.

side note: I watched Grey Gardens for the first time and now I'm even more impressed by Jinkx's snatch game. She seriously nailed that Little Edie impression.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

yesssss that outro :allears: Monique needs a win already

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

alf_pogs posted:

cracker really seems to have it in for aquaria; she's always throwin subtle shade and pickin on her for generally nothing much? meanwhile aquaria is lookin stun and ploughin her own furrow. she is showin more maturity every episode.

Yeah, that disappointed "oh" when Aquaria said she wasn't nervous after Ru's walkthrough wasn't a good look. Same with her whole thing in untucked about Aquaria being too confident or whatever. Cracker's kinda circling the drain at this point tho so I can see why she'd be insecure.

Asia's moment with The Vixen was definitely the highlight of the episode. Really glad we got that (sort of) resolution before The Vixen left. She seemed like she really took it to heart too.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

esperterra posted:

I can't believe they aren't doing a real Miss C from queens/crew and a Fan Fave vote after last year's reunion drama over Val winning lmao

lol, seriously. Looking back over the past winners tho, I'd say only Latrice, Nina Flowers & Cucu were legit Miss Cs, the rest fan faves, so I guess the distinction doesn't matter at this point.

Anyway, I voted Monet. Monique was definitely up there but Monet's been there longer and I can't think of a single uncongenial moment she's had besides some delusion about her runways. And as much as I hated that sponge dress, her good humour about queens constantly ripping on it was so charming :3:

esperterra posted:

I would pick Asia and her mother hen attitude if not for her prob winning this whole thing tho.

:same:

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

A God drat Ghost posted:

I just wanted to drop in and plug the podcast Alright Mary. It's about RPDR, things in the orbit of RPDR, and queer culture, and it's really good. I started listening to it and I'm hooked.

:yeah:

esperterra posted:

The AS4 leaks have me hype as hell tbh, something I have hoped for a v long time may be happening.

Reusing the cast of AS1 minus Chad and without the team gimmick? :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

esperterra posted:

Also Clea Duvall is still so bloody fine

Yeah 😍

I have mixed feelings about this finale. On the one hand Aquaria definitely earned that lipsync win, but the overall win would’ve felt more satisfying if the show hadn’t so transparently pushed her as ru’s favourite.

I thought Eureka did fine. Kameron was kinda forgettable. Maybe I’m just not familiar enough with Janet Jackson but those songs seemed kinda lacklustre compared to what we got on S9.

Also jfc I still can’t believe what I witnessed with that butterfly travesty. That was legendarily bad

Edit:

Pinwiz11 posted:

On the plus side, Asia's failure gave us one final Monique face. She's the real MVP of the season.

True

• Locked thread