Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
What?
Who the gently caress is Sixgun Strumpet?
He'll probably buy yet another dumbass revolver
He's going to come back with a holster, and a box of obscure ammunition
He's going to end up with some obscure german autoloader that he won't understand and has to have Cyrano explain to him
View Results
Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

I haven't been to a gunshow in so long I had to look it up. I made a thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...hreadid=3801156

December of 2016.

We are going on 15 months without a gunshow. I should have gone to the last couple here in Montana, but life keeps getting in the way.

Tomorrow that ends. Tomorrow I go to a gunshow.

So I ask you TFR, what do you think I am going to come back with?

Keep in mind I don't have much money, so it will be like the early days of me here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Also sexism, religious bias, jingoism, and so on. Don't do it, people!

Dogs, don't do it either, even if the police man really tries to train you to do it.

Registered Magnum personally owned by Elmer Keith.

$300.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Registered Magnum personally owned by Elmer Keith.

$300.

Can't. I know all the RMs he owned and I know who has them.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

So I ask you TFR, what do you think I am going to come back with?

Some weird old revolver that's seen better days and been modified repeatedly by previous owners. Being where you are, it'll come in a old wool sock. $125.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

some $900 wooden stocks that look identical to $40 grips

I haven't been to a gun show in a long time either. Sometimes they can be fun.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

In almost 14 years here I've never had my avatar changed by someone else, other than I was about 30th in line for a (frankly, rather uninspired) pony avatar. I feel left out.

Bummey posted:

some $900 wooden stocks that look identical to $40 grips

I haven't been to a gun show in a long time either. Sometimes they can be fun.

I mean, who doesn't enjoy paying $10 for parking, then $12 to get in the show, only to walk through row upon row of vendors selling overpriced airsoft-grade AR accessories, "FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS" t-shirts, beef jerky and beanie babies, all the while having to squeeze by sweaty rednecks and their fat wives pushing strollers that take up the WHOLE GODDAMNED AISLE. That's a slice of Americana right there, I'll tell you what.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Craptacular posted:

I mean, who doesn't enjoy paying $10 for parking, then $12 to get in the show, only to walk through row upon row of vendors selling overpriced airsoft-grade AR accessories, "FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS" t-shirts, beef jerky and beanie babies, all the while having to squeeze by sweaty rednecks and their fat wives pushing strollers that take up the WHOLE GODDAMNED AISLE. That's a slice of Americana right there, I'll tell you what.

You are forgetting the ever popular portrait of obama with the title; "Gun salesman of the decade"

McNally
Sep 12, 2007
And if you thought the DoD healthcare was bad, boy lemme tell ya!

See if you can find me a magazine cutoff for a 1903 Mark I

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

Fun Shoe

Craptacular posted:

You forgot the ever popular nazi "memorabelia".

Failed Nihilist
Apr 10, 2015

Don't forget to count the InfoWars shirts.

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Try to Catch Me Ridin' Dirty

Fun Shoe

who the gently caress is sixgun strumpet

Doc_Awesome
Mar 27, 2010

Miso Beno posted:

who the gently caress is sixgun strumpet

At least he ain't dead.

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Try to Catch Me Ridin' Dirty

Fun Shoe

Doc_Awesome posted:

At least he ain't dead.

u got me there

Miso Beno fucked around with this message at Mar 22, 2018 around 19:42

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

McNally posted:

See if you can find me a magazine cutoff for a 1903 Mark I

I'll need pictures and some info

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

that avatar was in poor taste, and you'll probably change this one anyway, but let's contribute a bit to lowtax's health insurance at least have something better for a small while

- scrooge mcduck

I'm predicting a return to the old school

You're going to find a S&W Model 10 sitting in a row with other "used, modified, gunsmith special" guns. Half of them will look like they came out of the local PD's evidence locker. It will be sold "as is" because it's been modified and the action is locked up.

The modification will be king sights.

The "frozen" action will work fine when you screw the extractor rod in half a turn.

It will be wearing grips stocks that are somehow worth $1000.

$150 OBO

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

I'm predicting a return to the old school

You're going to find a S&W Model 10 sitting in a row with other "used, modified" guns. Half of them will look like they came out of the local PD's evidence locker. It will be sold "as is" because it's been modified and the action is locked up.

The modification will be king sights.

The "frozen" action will work fine when you screw the extractor rod in half a turn.

$150 OBO

Hey..that's the story of my FAL!

Not Nipsy Russell
Oct 6, 2004

Failure is always an option.

Bowling pins. I'm almost out.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

that avatar was in poor taste, and you'll probably change this one anyway, but let's contribute a bit to lowtax's health insurance at least have something better for a small while

- scrooge mcduck

Not Nipsy Russell posted:

Check out this pro tier suggestion

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Wildcard option: Nothing, the gun show cash envelope grows larger and is placated until the next event

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Not Nipsy Russell posted:

You sir need to make a trip up to Kirkland. There's still a bunch in my garage and they are just going to go in a trash bin unless they are spoken for. I couldn't figure out what to do with them.

You have my email, I can set you up.

Capn Beeb posted:

Wildcard option: Nothing, the gun show cash envelope grows larger and is placated until the next event

I'm married now, I don't have a gun show envelope. Yet.

I have some cash from selling some grips and that's about that.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

I'll need pictures and some info

The 1903 Mark I was designed to be used with the Pedersen Device. The sole method of retaining what was basically a pistol shoved into the receiver was a lug on the device that mated with the magazine cutoff.

The diagram isn't particularly well labeled, but the Mark I cutoff is on the right.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

McNally posted:

The 1903 Mark I was designed to be used with the Pedersen Device. The sole method of retaining what was basically a pistol shoved into the receiver was a lug on the device that mated with the magazine cutoff.

The diagram isn't particularly well labeled, but the Mark I cutoff is on the right.

I'd be surprised if I can find one, but I'll poke around.

Back in Washington there was a guy I would talk to, if Miso is around he knows who I am talking about, he might be able to help too.

I'm surprised you can't find one online anywhere?

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

I'd be surprised if I can find one, but I'll poke around.

Back in Washington there was a guy I would talk to, if Miso is around he knows who I am talking about, he might be able to help too.

I'm surprised you can't find one online anywhere?

I saw one on eBay last month.

One.

The Army converted all the 1903 Mark Is to 1903 standard in 1937 and the parts have been just lost or destroyed in the last 80 years.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

McNally posted:

I saw one on eBay last month.

One.

The Army converted all the 1903 Mark Is to 1903 standard in 1937 and the parts have been just lost or destroyed in the last 80 years.

Ahhh. Well I do have some experience looking for rare parts. I will say that being super obsessive about ebay is your best bet. The big problem though is that to find it you will probably have to look at parts where the person doesn't know what they have. In my experience that's about the only way to get something that obscure usually, unless you know a dealer who has spent the last 40 years buying ever bit and bob they come across and happens to have one.

In any case, I'll look, this is a new gunshow for me, I don't know what kind of parts guys may be there. They also only have this show I think 2 or 3 times a year, so it's a pretty big event.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Pre-war 22 revolvers. I rarely take my autos anymore. The revolvers are easier to load, shoot like lasers and never jam like some 22 autos do.

Eventually I'm going to break down and buy a nice prewar S&W 22. I just don't know what to get.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Sten Freak posted:

Pre-war 22 revolvers. I rarely take my autos anymore. The revolvers are easier to load, shoot like lasers and never jam like some 22 autos do.

Eventually I'm going to break down and buy a nice prewar S&W 22. I just don't know what to get.

I may suggest setting your sights higher. If you enjoy the laser shooting, easy to load, slow your roll pleasure of a .22 revolver there's a step further with the early fine single shot target .22s

I don't really have a way of taking good pictures here yet, but I did snap a cell shot picture of what I think would be all my pre-war 22 pistols.

For shooting I would suggest you avoid the .22/32 Heavy Frame Targets. They are just way too light to be particularly easy to shoot.

The Kit guns are easier to shoot for me then the 6" barrel version, I think because my shaking does less with the shorter barrel.

The K22 Outdoorsman is a hell of a gun, and one I would highly suggest trying to find a good example of. A lot more svelte then the K22 Target Masterpiece made after the war. It's a lot more shootable then the .22/32s

My favorite gun to shoot on the wheel there is still the Colt Camp Perry model. But if you buy one I'd highly suggest getting one that has had King sights added to it. The stock sights were bad, way bad. The grips are also terrible, but a nice set of Ropers can fix that for you.

Not Nipsy Russell
Oct 6, 2004

Failure is always an option.

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

You sir need to make a trip up to Kirkland. There's still a bunch in my garage and they are just going to go in a trash bin unless they are spoken for. I couldn't figure out what to do with them.

My garage is now all full of beer brewing stuff. Another box of bowling pins, and I'd have to move.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Pick up a BAR Mk2 in .243. For $500.

Please.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

WHATS IN THE BAG! (also, what is the bag, is this an old gas mask bag?)

STUFF. WHO GUESSED DUMBASS REVOLVER YOU WERE RIGHT.

FIRST UP, A COOL THING

THEN ANOTHER COOL THING

AND A CHEAP DUMBASS REVOLVER WITH A SLIGHT BULGE IN THE BARREL MAYBE BUT gently caress IT FOR $125

NOT ENGLISH MAKE! (which you can't read because my cell phone pictures suck and I need to sort out a better way to take pictures again)

I HAD FUN AND TALKED TO LOTS OF OLD GUN GUYS ABOUT STUFF I LIKE TALKING ABOUT AND DIDN'T SEE RACISM OR BEEF JERKY OR ALMOST ANYTHING GUNSHOWS USUALLY HAVE WHICH MAKE THEM SUCK

EDIT: WHY ARE THESE PICTURES FOR ANTS, THIS IS HOW YOU GET ANTS. (i'll fix it. sorry.)

Edit: fixed, but boy my pictures suck

Sixgun Strumpet fucked around with this message at Mar 24, 2018 around 01:34

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

At this point I'm convinced King stuff finds you.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Called it

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Hahaha I guessed old revolver for $125 dollars, but I got the case wrong. Dang. Not a sock, but a soft cloth bag. I'll accept partial credit.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

I'm married now, I don't have a gun show envelope. Yet.

I have some cash from selling some grips and that's about that.

poo poo, maybe we should do a WA shoot/meet. Also Id be happy to take a few off your hands.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Tremblay posted:

poo poo, maybe we should do a WA shoot/meet. Also Id be happy to take a few off your hands.

Unfortunately I'm in Montana now. Just fixing up the Kirkland house to sell it. Been clearing out everything and my bowling pin collection is all that's really left.

Vorlonesque
Sep 17, 2005

Killing planets since 1876

There's a gunshow in Clarksburg this weekend that I've thought about going to...everytime I got to a gunshow I end up talking to one or two people there I know, buying lunch and heading home afterwards but I enjoy looking at the stuff they have sometimes. I'm always hoping that I will run across a decently priced H&K P7 PSP because I'd loving snap one of those up right away. I usually talk to a guy who has a table of Mil-surp stuff every time I go up there and ask him how Dave is doing (Dave was the guy who used to run a pawn shop in my hometown since my Dad was younger than I am now and was always interesting to talk to (I bought my Inglis Hi Power and my S&W Model 17 off him among other things)...he retired and had a stroke shortly afterwards so I always ask how he's doing because Mike knows him and I think either used to work in his shop or used to help out).

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

One more for the highlight reel and one more for the bad guy.

Fun Shoe

There is an antique arms show in my city tomorrow but I don't think my legs are up to it. I could cry!

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

In almost 14 years here I've never had my avatar changed by someone else, other than I was about 30th in line for a (frankly, rather uninspired) pony avatar. I feel left out.

Captain Log posted:

There is an antique arms show in my city tomorrow but I don't think my legs are up to it. I could cry!

maybe if they had an antique legs show

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Craptacular posted:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

One more for the highlight reel and one more for the bad guy.

Fun Shoe

Craptacular posted:

gently caress, I'd take a sled at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010

Was there a guy there with tazers yelling "free samples!!!" ?

«2 »