Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Ok this seems too goddamn weird to pass up. Now to wait for the download all day.

Hopefully it's full of silly stuff like "your meowjesty"/"your moojesty" that I liked from the first game.

Really Pants posted:

Evan is the kind of king you could have a beer with

Please don't give alcohol to the 10-year-old catboy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Someone made a Cheat Engine table for PC players who want to increase the difficulty.

I got rid of the cheaty elements of the table and set balanced variables for difficulty:
- 50% more incoming damage (any higher seems to disable dodge i-frames)
- Enemies only take 25% damage

http://www.mediafire.com/file/40bc6rsc5pjofkc/NnK2-Difficulty.ct

I've played through all of Chapter 4 and some of 5 with these settings. Fights take longer and there's actually a chance of dying especially against Tainted monsters.

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 25, 2018

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I just charge a special attack to get my higgledies to soup up the attack, right?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mailer posted:

Hopefully it's full of silly stuff like "your meowjesty"/"your moojesty" that I liked from the first game.

I haven't seen much of that yet, but the cat people all have names like Tabbias and the dog people have names like Bao Wao and Fai Do.

quote:

Please don't give alcohol to the 10-year-old catboy.

root beer obvs

Blast of Confetti posted:

So I just charge a special attack to get my higgledies to soup up the attack, right?

Right. Hold down the skill buttons and Higgledies will start jumping into your weapon. Then you'll get extra glowy and the skill will act as if you had 100% Zing.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Mar 25, 2018

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Gyoru posted:

Someone made a Cheat Engine table for PC players who want to increase the difficulty.

I got rid of the cheaty elements of the table and set balanced variables for difficulty:
- 50% more incoming damage (any higher seems to disable dodge i-frames)
- Enemies only take 25% damage

http://www.mediafire.com/file/40bc6rsc5pjofkc/NnK2-Difficulty.ct

I've played through all of Chapter 4 and some of 5 with these settings. Fights take longer and there's actually a chance of dying especially against Tainted monsters.

Honestly considering grabbing this for PC too so I can do this. The combat in this game is so sick it deserves a hard mode where dodging and having good gear actually matters. I've heard that the higher level dream dungeon things can get dicey but the stroy boss fights that are over in like 30 seconds where the best strategy is to stand in front of them and spam attack while ignoring the mechanics is so anticlimactic. I know a lot of people don't like the original that much but the boss fights were way more memorable at least imo.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Anyone with a better memory than me know where the mushroom and bridge paths that you encounter before you get those spells are? I know I ran across at least 2 that I can't remember the locations of

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Can somebody explain to me please what the gently caress happened at the end of chapter 5

I do not know what the hell Leander and nerea were talking about and as far as I can tell nothing they said seems to matter

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
oh thank god, one of the first upgrades you can research makes you move twice as fast on the world map

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

precision posted:

oh thank god, one of the first upgrades you can research makes you move twice as fast on the world map

I was just about to come into the thread to complain about the world travel speed. GOTY

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I find it extremely funny that you end up poaching nearly every single NPC with a name into your city. It makes it very obvious who's gonna be recruitable I guess!

Edit: So what does Influence... Do, exactly?

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Mar 25, 2018

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Carmant posted:

Honestly considering grabbing this for PC too so I can do this. The combat in this game is so sick it deserves a hard mode where dodging and having good gear actually matters. I've heard that the higher level dream dungeon things can get dicey but the stroy boss fights that are over in like 30 seconds where the best strategy is to stand in front of them and spam attack while ignoring the mechanics is so anticlimactic. I know a lot of people don't like the original that much but the boss fights were way more memorable at least imo.
Yeah I'm really conflicted, I don't want to rebuy the game myself and wish I had waited.

All in all I'm still really enjoying the game and just relaxing to an otherwise easy game. At least it's fun to interact with most of the systems.

Urthor posted:

I fixed the difficulty issues pretty sure. If you just switch to Evan suddenly the game becomes dramatically harder than when you play as Roland because your margins for health get a lot smaller and it's all about charging that mana bar.

Think Roland is just easy mode for the story content IMO.
Until you give Evan a good sword and get his newer skills.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

A npc just called Evan a girl and now I'm confused all over again. I'm pretty sure it was a typo but still :psyduck:

Evans a boy right? R-right?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I gotta say, I was actually a little surprised at doing a sidequest and getting a costume reward. I'm so used to all costumes being DLC these days...

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

I find it extremely funny that you end up poaching nearly every single NPC with a name into your city. It makes it very obvious who's gonna be recruitable I guess!

Edit: So what does Influence... Do, exactly?

The most noticeable thing influence does is jack up the rate at which you gain KG. My level 2 castle right now has almost 5 million influence and generates 70k KG an hour or something stupid just from building all of the facilities and a few random upgrades. You can dump KG to cut down the time on researches if you run out of stuff to build.

You can see your current rate of KG/hr by looking at your castle in manage mode or whatever.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

precision posted:

Now if only I could find the person with the skill required to research it

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Now if only I could find the person with the skill required to research it

She’s in goldpaw and she’s an Evan height dog-person with a red and black color scheme. Her quest is to go kill a monster in Tightfit cave or something like that. She’s on a staircase in the same area as the library I think? I’m blanking on her name though

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Erg posted:

She’s in goldpaw and she’s an Evan height dog-person with a red and black color scheme. Her quest is to go kill a monster in Tightfit cave or something like that. She’s on a staircase in the same area as the library I think? I’m blanking on her name though

Lol I'm dumb, I haven't been looking at skills till after I recruit them and her quest is relatively high leveled so I'd been doing other ones first. I'll probably just go do that next, I'm sure I can take it.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Yeah the recommended levels lie sometimes. Like I think that one's is 28 but the actual boss is 23 for whatever reason

e: and the exact same thing happened to me, I was wondering why no one had shown up to unlock the first dang explorer's guild research thing and oops there it was

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Bit of a shame that you nick the city hubs of people with unique character designs. Evermore reducing them to chibi models you can only see from a long distance is lame.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Definitely got to see what Aranella Square's gonna look like.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Hopefully I’m missing something on these side quests. For example I have one to kill a monster in Elder Downs. Where is Elder Downs? There’s no indication of the location and the arrow just leads back to the quest giver. Any help much appreciated.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Really Pants posted:

Definitely got to see what Aranella Square's gonna look like.

It's kind of boring but it's a huge boost to your income and you get to build the institute which gives you a bunch of time and cost reductions to building and research so rush that asap

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Lorini posted:

Hopefully I’m missing something on these side quests. For example I have one to kill a monster in Elder Downs. Where is Elder Downs? There’s no indication of the location and the arrow just leads back to the quest giver. Any help much appreciated.

I just loaded up my game and the save file says my location is "Eider downs", which is between Goldpaw and Calmlands.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Lorini posted:

What's the name of the target? You won't get quest pointers for generic monsters like Grimchillas--you just have to track them down. Sometimes you can luck out and get enough kills from one single fight.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

FauxLeather posted:

I just loaded up my game and the save file says my location is "Eider downs", which is between Goldpaw and Calmlands.

Thanks!! I’ll check there.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Really Pants posted:

What's the name of the target? You won't get quest pointers for generic monsters like Grimchillas--you just have to track them down. Sometimes you can luck out and get enough kills from one single fight.

This is the Nu Bi quest. The target is Magmanimus. But ok I’ll hope to stumble into the monster at some point.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

idk he showed up on my map. Might have been in the cave north of your kingdom. Or maybe across the bridge southeast of Goldpaw? I dunno there's a lot of them!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

If I remember right Magmanimus was on the Sundown Coast, the peninsula east of Goldpaw and the Calmlands. He definitely should have a quest marker, though. Double-check your active quest.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Oh, Lofty. You little tease.

https://i.imgur.com/qmR1X1S.jpg

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

It's kind of boring but it's a huge boost to your income and you get to build the institute which gives you a bunch of time and cost reductions to building and research so rush that asap

I'm assuming it'll look more impressive once its leveled up, but it's kinda extremely expensive to do so at the point of the game I'm at. I'm also starting to wonder if you actually get enough NPCs to staff all of these stalls and such, especially considering there's apparently still at least one more expansion to the kingdom... I also hate how many people are EXPLORATION EXPERTS when they're really not that necessary in the long run. They also keep giving me all these new squads to use in skirmishes but like... They don't come at the same level as the squad I've been using all this time and I'm lazy :effort:

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

my exploration guild is completely leveled up and researched out so i've got all the people on other assignments now. there's a lot of stuff it seems like once you've got it all leveled out you can just put people in the resource generators

also got the kingmaker cathedral

lofty you lil tease

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

everyone cheering & yelling on the first water slide :allears:

SnakesandScorpions
Apr 4, 2015
I am really enjoying this game. It is really charming and the mechanics are solid. I would recommend buying this on the PC. I'm eager to find out why the president of the US is wandering around in this world.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

SnakesandScorpions posted:

I am really enjoying this game. It is really charming and the mechanics are solid. I would recommend buying this on the PC. I'm eager to find out why the president of the US is wandering around in this world.

Ugh don't tempt me to buy it a second time!!! I bought it on PS4.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Everyone should buy this game 2-3 times, at least.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Wendell posted:

Everyone should buy this game 2-3 times, at least.

:stare: It's good but not two copies good :). I guess if some mods come out that I feel like I simply can't live without maybe, Or maybe I'll wait til I finish it on PS4 and then start again on PC.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I was just joking! I do not believe you should buy the same game twice.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Man I fought the dumb slime tainted monster and that was definitely no push over for me at on level. It kept going immune and hitting my party for 1/3rd their health, hah.

The other tainted monster around my level I just stood there and fired my gun non-stop and it fell over :V

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I'm running into those guys and they are murdering my party. I'm fairly sure I'm underleveled.

Hey is anyone using Tani? I'm not and now am wondering if I should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

her piercing arrow and crazy spear whirlwind skills are really good

• Locked thread