Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God



More than five hundred years ago, clans of dwarves and gnomes made an agreement known as the Phandelver's Pact, by which they would share a rich mine in a wondrous cavern. In addition to its mineral wealth, the mine contained great magical power. Human spellcasters allied themselves with the dwarves and gnomes to channel and bind that energy into a great forge where magic items could be crafted. Times were good, and the nearby town of Phandalin prospered as well. But then disaster struck when the orcs swept through the North and laid waste to all in their path.

A powerful force of orcs reinforced by evil mercenary wizards attacked the cave to seize its riches and magical treasures. Human wizards fought alongside their dwarf and gnome allies to defend the forge, and the ensuing battle destroyed much of the cavern. Few survived the cave-ins and tremors, and the location of the cave was lost.

For centuries, rumors of buried riches have attracted treasure seekers and opportunists to the are around Phandalin, but no one has ever succeeded in locating the lost mine. In recent years, people have resettled the area. Phandalin is now a rough-and-tumble frontier town. But things are changing in this mining town, and rumors of the rediscovery of the cave have been swirling even more recently in recent weeks...

And where do you come in in all this? You are a small band of adventurers, already beginning to make a name for yourselves, who have just taken on a small job to Phandalin. A milk run if you will.

The fabled city of Neverwinter. There to relax, resupply, and generally decompress after your last adventure you were thinking of what to do next when you met the dwarf.

In the city of Neverwinter, a dwarf named Gundren Rockseeker asked you to bring a wagonload of provisions to the rough-and-tumble settlement of Phandalin, a couple of days' travel southeast of the city. Gundren was clearly excited and more than a little secretive about his reasons for the trip, saying only that he and his brothers had found "something big," and that he'd pay you ten gold pieces each for escorting his supplies safely to Barthen's Provisions, a trading post in Phandalin. He then set out ahead of you on horse, along with a warrior escort named Sildar Hallwinter, claiming he needed to arrive early "to take care of business."

You've spent the last few days following the High Road south from Neverwinter, and you've just recently veered east along the Triboar Trail. You've encountered no trouble so far, but this territory can be dangerous. Bandits and outlaws have been known to lurk along the trail.

-------------------------

Okay the scene is set for now, you will each need to post in the thread, linking your sheet or posting it here, while also introducing your character. Once everyone has posted I will move on. Now you have all been hired by Rockseeker, some of you may have traveled together adventuring as a group, some of you may be new to the group, but you have all been traveling long enough now to get to know at least a little about each other.

Someone will need to drive the wagon, it does not take any proficiency not even Land Vehicles to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012



Tharr, son of Undarth, Barbarian


Tharr settled back into the bench on the wagon, the road was straight enough, and the mules were well trained, so there wasn't much to do at the moment.
Ul ma avhinguk change, avhe ma avheausan ukavaausan avhe ukame, he thought. Ride a wagon from point Alpha to point Beta, wait for something to jump out and beg to be kissed by his axe was not new.

Having a Kenku companion, that was new. Hard to get a read on him, but Alwyn had vouched for him, and Tharr had ridden with Alwyn enough to trust his judgement.

Alwyn was a good man, despite his need to hide behind armor. He listened to his ancestors, wise for a city man.

Tharr liked Urd, having seen him heal an injured human with spores. Quiet, unless you made the mistake of asking him about mushrooms.

Trixine and Thremish were good in a scrap too, and Thermish was fun to listen to by the fire. Trixine made a big deal about what
name you used for the moon, but Tharr didn't mind.

Bit more guards then one wagon should need. Rockseeker was either too free with his money, or he wasn't telling us something. Tharr had never met
a frivolous dwarf, and he doubted Rockseeker was the first.

The sun was out, the road lacked mud, and Tharr wasn't having to yell as a scared private, so far this was a good day.

Mykkel fucked around with this message at Mar 27, 2018 around 18:52

Skellybones
May 31, 2011






Fun Shoe


Trixine

Trixine is content to lounge on the wagon with a longbow within reach, watching the horizon (or nearest hills and brush) for anything interesting. The occasional predator was spotted in the distance, but nothing was hungry or brave enough to attack such a large group. The High Road was just wild enough to be interesting, but traveled enough to still be really boring.

Neverwinter was a fine enough city, but Trixine had come to the conclusion that it had too many active Selūnites. All those priests and devotees would notice something was off about Trixine sooner or later, and a lot of church muscle could come down fast in such a town. So despite them being the prime recruiting target for the Dark Moon, it had to be put off until a better approach could be found. And as for Sharrans? When they wanted to stay hidden it was almost impossible to find them, especially if you looked like a Selūnite. So despite the comforts, community and climate, getting out of Neverwinter was probably a good idea. The locals of Phandalin might be more impressionable, or desperate for a new faith, or just generally agreeable, and this was as good a chance as any to check it out.

And regarding these trusty companions, Trixine was fairly confident they would not try to kill her.

Tharr appeared generally sensible, at least for a man that sought out the enemy up close and often didn't wear a shirt. He seemed content to take life as it came at him, at least in the context of mercenary work. Overall, an unlikely convert, but also unlikely to betray Trixine. Maybe preaching the Dark Moon in the Many-Arrows would be viable? Better file that idea away for the future. They may not appreciate an elf. May need a good disguise.

Thremish seemed utterly lost and searching for meaning, yet jaded beyond his years. A lot of potential here, because a person who believes nothing could believe anything with a little effort. So as a responsible elder*, Trixine would do her best to guide him towards proper morality and ethics.

Alwyn was a strange one. Utterly devoted to his cause of slaying monsters (a good cause, depending on who or what the monsters are) and clutching at bits and pieces of Elven culture. The power of a fanatic could not be denied, and there was a very good chance he would turn on a friend if he deemed them a threat. But there was an enticing possibility that if Trixine could prove the worth of her beliefs (probably by killing monsters) he'd defend her to the death.

Urd was a lizard-man, possessed of strange lizardy sensibilities and thoughts. He was some manner of shaman, didn't cause trouble, and didn't want any visited on him. Conclusion: Don't try to manipulate him, he probably knows more than he lets on, and wouldn't be interested in religious politics.

Hymn was a bird-man, but not completely alien. He was very into Milil and the sun, and had an affinity for setting things on fire. He seemed to mean well, but all that fire and bright light didn't really appeal to Trixine, so perhaps it would be best if they remained just friends.

*The realization that she is independent and potentially a role model at less than 100 continues to distress Trixine.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE



Hymn Dawns-Chorus, Kenku Cleric of the Light Domain

Hymn chirped along with songbirds who sang from the treetops, mimicking their calls to each other quite adeptly, sitting at the head of the wagon, glancing at the Sun occasionally. She was beautiful, today. Especially so, as she seemed to keep the road clear and dry ahead of them. He would have to remember to thank her especially for such a day.

Tharr seemed to like his quiet contemplation, which Hymn found unusual for an orc (or at least, half of one). All the same, he was disciplined and strong.
"It is nice to work in Her Light," He spoke to anyone who would listen, "Milil's Gift to us!" Hymn generally figured it best not to provoke Tharr, But there was no telling how long they'd be working together.
Trixine seemed to mean well. She worshipped the Moon which was...odd. He didn't pay the elf much mind. The Moon WAS a pale reflect of the sun, after all, but Selūne's beliefs didn't stray TOO far from Milil as far as the autonomy and respect of others...so she couldn't be THAT bad if He granted Selūne his light.
Thremish seems...lost, almost. Like he's wandering in a dimly lit room just after twilight. While he regarded Trixine...favorably, for the most part, he didn't trust her not to convince Thremish that the Moon shone brighter than the Sun. Hymn couldn't have that! But he would cross that bridge in time.
Alwyn was someone Hymn knew, almost instinctively, could be trusted. He seemed to want to destroy creatures of darkness and the night, especially so Vampires. There was nothing wrong with that. The Sun obliterates vampires, this was Milil guiding him! He knew it! He and Alwyn would be fast friends, Hymn would hope, with their aligned goals of spreading Light through the land.
Urd on the other hand...Hymn was less keen on him. Mushrooms only grow in the dark and damp. An absence of light and warmth. Fungus thrived in caves and swamps where sunlight is scarce. Kind as he seemed, Hymn didn't trust his propensity for the cold, damp, darkness that helped mushrooms flourish.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

Potty Postin'



Alwyn Winterwood

Alwyn sits on the back of the wagon looking over a roughly drawn, cheaply produced map of the area where he looks for the indications of nearby caves or ruins the places where dark creatures may lurk in the wilderness. Despite his Elven heritage being outside of a city feels odd, but the frontier is where many creatures stalk and the city of Neverwinter has been in a lull since Alwyn had killed that Wererat that was terrorizing the docks. The money for that job dried out a few days ago, and so signing on Rockseeker seemed like a win-win.

Trixine is very carefree and upbeat. She holds tight to her faith in Selune, and while he knows many Elf-kin from the interior can be judgmental of those with more Human beliefs Trixine seems very accepting. Alywn's Granny claimed the Moonstone in the family Moonblade was a tear of Selune, perhaps a talking point for the future.

Urd is a mystery. Not many Lizardfolk come to the Sword Coast, least of all to the cooler climate of the North. He carries himself with a certain calm dignity and confidence that is reassuring, though he looks more like a traveling herbalist than an adventurer. His druidic magics would be a welcome boon on the road.

Hymn is another rarity for this part of the world, but regardless the Kenku is a pleasant traveling companion with his happy, fun songs and positive attitude. A cleric of Light could also prove to be a valued ally against the creatures of the dark.

Tharr is a man to be respected. His stoic nature and reverence for his forebears sits well with Alywn. He could be a kindred spirit as a man of mixed descent, looking at both the past and future in equal measure.

Thremish's lyre around the camp fire is a welcome thing, making Alwyn think of the warm taverns back in the city. Accompanied by Hymns singing evenings have not been dull on the trail. The man himself, however, is even more mysterious than Urd. His lack of commitment to a path in life in troubling and he strikes Alwyn as someone who could easily get into trouble with out thinking.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at Mar 25, 2018 around 06:44

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jan 1, 1970

I WILL MEDITATE AND THEN DESTROY YOU


Cybernetic Crumb

Thremish Gruudar


Thremish walks behind the wagon, thinking to himself. The frontier awaited. Since leaving Thremish has mostly stuck to the larger cities of the north - all were dirtier than home. Certainly they laid bare the realities of the contrast between those with wealth and those without. He would have to see how things changed in a smaller settlement. His mind turned to the companions he'd found himself walking with. Whatever he drew this group together, they all seemed to have one thing in common save for him - passion. The conversations they'd had were not without mirth, but starkly different than the sort back home. He wondered what they saw in him.

Tharr seemed like a man with simple needs - perhaps like himself in some ways. It was fitting for the man who who looked like he was carved by stonemasons. Thremish notices he doesn't care to drink by the fire - probably for the best. Thremish will do well to stay opposite the business end of his axe, and will surely defer to his expertise if pitched battle arises.

Trixine was...particular. Prayers each day, just before sunup and just after sundown. Everything she did she did with conviction - Thremish was less certain of what to eat for breakfast than she seemed to be about the mysteries of the universe. He'd have to find out more about the source of this certainty.

Alwyn was similar in that, truly, each fight was personal to him. More than pragmatism or safeguarding human settlements drove him - he sought them out one way or the other. As if the only thing worse for him than leaving a monster alive would be waking up and finding there were none left to hunt. This served Thremish - it was both prudent and fascinating to travel someone who'd hunted and slain monsters he'd only read stories of. He didn't think he'd ever find himself hunting as if there were nothing else the way Alwyn did, but he found himself a bit enamored with the thrill of it all.

Hymn was harder to get a read on. Talent recognizes talent for sure, though you're not sure how he'd go over back home. The accompaniment was welcome. Hymn always seems joyful, but Thremish guiltily finds this a little suspect. He can't be sure that this is sincere - it's been hard to separate warranted skepticism from paranoia since his....eyes were opened.

Urd was well, unlike anyone Thremish had ever met. He knew that if nothing else about him. Certainly a master at his....craft, and a fantastic cook to boot. He has the cool confidence of someone who seeks no validation from others - an admirable thing. His passion seemed to truly come from within - perhaps something one learns from playing the outsider, and around these parts, an outsider he certainly was.

Thremish's thoughts then turned to the mission before them. He peers through the back of the wagon trying to get some hint of exactly was inside. It didn't take a brilliant mind to figure out there was something Rockseeker wasn't telling us - 60 gold between us was more than someone would pay for a simple supply escort on a reasonably well-traveled supply road. If it were up to him, his curiosity would have gotten the better of him and surely he'd take a look inside, but it wasn't and he certainly didn't want to compromise the group's payment.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012


Urd Valaak, Druid of the Circle of Spores


Urd walked point, well ahead of the skittish mules. He had only pinched a flank once to check the tenderness and fat layers of the meat, and even that more out of curiosity than real hunger. But the beasts remembered and flicked their ears in distress if he drifted too close. However even without their dancing worry Urd would have walked point. He felt most at home riding the ripple the caravan made through the wilderness. The alarm calls of birds, the scurrying of furred things to waiting burrows, the occasional bounding shape. All driven ahead of a creaking wagon and the occasional clank of metal.

Urd's mind was deep in the mud as his mentor used to say. Conscious thoughts crawled unhurriedly across the colder, more instinctive part of him. It was an ideal state for a watcher, less so for clever study of magical arts. In this state the unexpected would not trigger surprise, merely recognition and surging action. Trusting the quiet focus of his predator's trance, Urd thoughts drifted to his current companions.

Gray Rock Soldier was as solid as his name suggested. Used to fighting and living in a group.

Quick Seeker was restless. She always watched you as she spoke. Urd was unsure of her abilities as yet.

Twitters At The Sun. Urd recognized the conviction in him. But who can touch the sun? A fickle guiding principle.

Silver Blade At Night was a hunter. Urd understood this and gave him space.

Warm Voice Cold Eyes was a strange one. Urd did not understand him yet but he had eyes that reminded Urd of his kin.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

You've been on the Triboar Trail for about half a day. As you come around a bend, you spot two dead horses sprawled about fifty feet ahead of you, blocking the path. Each has several black-feathered arrows sticking out of it. The woods press close to the trail here, with a steep embankment and dense thickets on either side.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

Potty Postin'


Alwyn Winterwood

Alwyn will hop off the back of the caravan and walk over to inspect the horses. If they're dead something must have killed them, horses don't just fall over like that.

Investigate roll: 16 from roll20

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at Mar 25, 2018 around 07:51

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

As Alwyn walks up to the horses he can easily tell that the horses belonged to Gundren Rockseeker and Sildar Hallwinter. He can determine they have been dead about a day, and it is clear that the arrows are what killed the horses.

He also notices that the saddlebags have been looted. Nearby lies an empty leather map case.

As he is investigating the scene of the crime four goblins appear, having avoided the groups notice. Two rush out and attack Alwyn before retreating. One fails to connect but sets the other up for a perfect strike to his back. As he whirls to deal with the backstabber an arrow comes streaking from the other direction and hitting his knee. As he flinches and looks toward the goblin that shot him another comes from the other side and gets his other knee. He is a bit bruised and battered but still standing strong.

Everyone is surprised in the first round as no one's passive beat the goblins' 25 Stealth. No actions on the part of the party in the first round, same with no reactions until a party member has gone. Alwyn is hit three times between the 4 goblins. For 8, 5 and 3 damage.

Initiative
17.14 Thremish
17.1 Alwyn

15 Goblin 2
14 Goblin 3
14 Goblin 1
7.14 Urd
5.16 Trixine
4.14 Tharr
3.14 Hymn
3 Goblin 4

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jan 1, 1970

I WILL MEDITATE AND THEN DESTROY YOU


Cybernetic Crumb

I run around to the front of the wagon. Angry at seeing my companion stuck with arrows, I play a sharp note that makes one of the goblins with a bow jolt a bit, casting hex. I continue, almost without thinking, and a the notes seem produce a searing energy that gets close to but misses the goblin(eldritch blast). I seem almost surprised at my own reaction.

Attack:d20(4) + 5, miss

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at Mar 25, 2018 around 08:39

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

Potty Postin'


"Ambush!" Alwyn shouts as he strides over the fallen horses and leaps up the embankment to the left of the path. Before him is the form of one of the goblin archers that had sunk an arrow into this leg.

A quick swing of his sword is enough to enact vengeance upon the ambusher. The goblin quickly falls to the ground.

Attack: d20(10)+5 to hit, followed by d8(5)+3 for damage

Skellybones
May 31, 2011






Fun Shoe


Trixine

Gazing languidly at the dead horses, Trixine sees Alwyn suddenly joined by a handful of goblinoids intent on murder. Hmm.

Sliding off the wagon in an elegantly elven manner, she takes a moment to consider the situation. Four goblins - no, three now. The rest seemed a bit hesitant to leap into battle, so perhaps they weren't expecting so many guards on this target. Desperation or utter foolishness had led to this ambush, then.

"Try and take one alive!" she calls out before entering a sprint towards one of the still-living goblins.

The plan:
1 - Draw Rapier and Dash 70ft towards Goblins 3/4.
2 - Draw Dagger as second weapon and move to/attack the nearest goblin, making it a nonlethal strike if possible.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012



Tharr, son of Undarth, Barbarian

Tharr is surprised by the appearance of the goblins, and combat begins before he can set the brake of the wagon, and dismount. Goblins attacking a wagon this well -guarded was new. He readies his axe and nods at Trixine's suggestion to take one alive and advances. For now he tamps down on the rage building within, if he unleashed his temper, none of the goblins would be captured.

"Keep an eye out for more, goblins don't attack in such small numbers."

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012


Ambush! Urd sprang forward after the arrows hit Alwyn. As he moved he channeled power into to his staff. Ephemeral mushrooms glowing with faint blueish bioluminescence sprouted all along it. He brought it down overhand but the goblin danced back. Its triumph at the dodge was short lived however. The same delicate, translucent mushrooms began to grow from its exposed skin.

Attack:d20(5) + 5, miss
Halo of Spores deals 3 poison damage


Urd shouts in Goblin, "Your hunt is failed!"

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE


Hymn Dawns-Chorus

Hymn let out an alarmed squawk as the goblins descended, filling Alwyn with arrows. He mimicked church bells with his chirping, leaping onto the horse and down onto the road, racing to the edge of the path to see if he could aid Alwyn.
"Alwyn I'm...oh, you've got this. Alright then!" He turned his sights towards the Fungal One. Whether or not he cared for him was not important to Milil's way. They were brothers in arms right now.
"Milil, guide Her blaze down upon this beast! Incinerate it with Her Radiance!"

Sacred Flame: Goblin 2 must make a DC13 Dex save or suffer 7 Radiant damage. He gains no benefit from cover.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

The goblin avoids the magically enhanced staff and the divine light, but can't stop the strange mushrooms that grow upon it. Another goblin sees Trixine rushing toward him and tries to stop her by shooting but the arrow goes wide, way wide. The goblin then scurries back and away.


Goblin 2 passes the save vs Sacred Flame. Goblin 4 tries to shoot Trixine, but fails, then moves away.

Initiative
17.14 Thremish
17.1 Alwyn

15 Goblin 2
14 Goblin 3
14 Goblin 1
7.14 Urd
5.16 Trixine
4.14 Tharr
3.14 Hymn
3 Goblin 4

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jan 1, 1970

I WILL MEDITATE AND THEN DESTROY YOU


Cybernetic Crumb

Seeing the goblin I had targeted fall felt...satisfying, even if it was not by my hand. Alwyn can take care of himself, clearly. I figure we'll try and capture the injured one in front and refocus my mournful song on the with the bow. Once more a searing note erupts from my lyre heading in his direction.

Move hex to Goblin 4, cast eldritch blast. Roll d20(14)+5 to hit, 1d12(6) + 1d6(6) damage with hex.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

Potty Postin'


(Hullo I'm at work and thus have no r20 access. Can someone move me towards the next closest goblin and do my Versatile strike, the d10 damage, with Booming Blade cantrip? If I can't get into melee range please Eldritch Blast. Thank you.)

Skellybones
May 31, 2011






Fun Shoe


Trixine

Gaining rapidly on the last surviving Goblin, Trixine changes intent from 'maim and capture' to 'tackle'.

With Tharr right nearby, she yells (quietly) "Help me catch this thing!"

Going to attempt to Shove the last Goblin prone.

Skellybones fucked around with this message at Mar 26, 2018 around 13:25

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012


Urd Valaak, Druid of the Circle of Spores


The goblin he had swung at repositioned. Not interested in being harassed by arrows or leaving escape as an option, Urd followed closely. He whipped his staff crosswise as he caught up. It connected with the side on the goblin's neck with a very audible crunch. The creature falls in a heap. Delicate fungus continues to sprout from the corpse.

Not Alex fucked around with this message at Mar 26, 2018 around 14:33

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012



Tharr, son of Undarth, Barbarian

Running towards the goblin that Trixine had marked to live, Tharr applies some Orcish charm to the situation, "reg poshat agh be ukpared!"**

** Failed Intimidation roll (rolled an 8 on roll20), and Orcish language that roughly translates to Surrender and live.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE


Hymn Dawns-Chorus

Hymn darts towards Tharr and Trixine, tugging the small crossbow from inside his cloak and firing an arrow, aiming low. He looks towards Trixine, in Elvish to hopefully keep the Goblin from understanding, "Maybe I can hobble him?"
He aims a bit TOO low, however, as the shot rips through the side of the thigh, rather than through the kneecap like Hymn intended. Still, a hit is a hit.

1d20+4 = 21
1d8+2 = 3! What a mighty hit

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jan 1, 1970

I WILL MEDITATE AND THEN DESTROY YOU


Cybernetic Crumb

I walk forward towards group fighting the goblin and shout "Surrender! If we don't get you, the wolf will!"

I cast minor illusion to make a loud ferocious growl come from behind a tree to the goblin's south.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

Potty Postin'


Alwyn Winterwood

Alwyn runs over to the surrounded goblin and attempts to pommel bash it.

1d20+5 = 11
Damage roll if connecting: 1d10+3 = 4

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012


Shouts drew Urd's attention back to the last visible goblin. It had slipped away from his companions. He knew how evasive a goblin could be if it was trying to flee. They had seconds before it was lost in the trees and beyond their reach. He ran back to the road and held his staff out before him. With a few whispered words he brought the staff down against the ground.

A riotous tangle of fungus erupted around the fleeing goblin. Stalks twisted up and hyphae networks entwined.

Urd casts Entangle. The goblin needs to make a DC 14 Strength save or be restrained. Also the ground beyond it is difficult terrain.

Not Alex fucked around with this message at Mar 27, 2018 around 14:02

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jan 1, 1970

I WILL MEDITATE AND THEN DESTROY YOU


Cybernetic Crumb

Thremish approaches slowly, playing a calm song on the lyre, both hands visible. Side-eyeing Alwyn's wounds, he's not sure how his companions will take it, but he's going to try to play peacemaker here. Not knowing if he speaks common at all, he speaks slowly and calmly and gestures as best he can while speaking.

"You seem to be in trouble friend, but truly, we have no quarrel with you. We are however, at an impasse. You can't remain here, ambushing all who would travel this way - how we resolve that, well, is up to you. Tell us what happened here and where they were taken (*motions at horses*) and we'll let you go when this is all over."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

The goblin struggles against the vines a bit before Thremish approaches with his beautiful music and calming words. The goblin slowly stops thrashing, looks around a bit, then nods.

"We were told to watch for dwarf Grunden Rockseeker and capture him. We told to send to King Grol. Klarg followed his orders. We send dwarf and his map to King Grol. Human we take to the eating cave."

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012



Tharr, son of Undarth, Barbarian

Tharr walks back to the dead horses after the goblin has been restrained, and begins examining the area for signs of whether Rockseeker and his escort are still alive, or if any of their belongings are still with the horses.

"Keep an eye out for more goblins, and search these corpses to see if they have anything from Rockseeker on them." He wonders if those that search the corpses will share the loot equally. This will be a good test of their character.


Rolled 14 on perception, 13 on Investigation, and 6 on Survival

Mykkel fucked around with this message at Mar 27, 2018 around 19:48

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012


Urd was content to leave the talking to those more enamored with it. The earth will not lie. The lizard slowly paced the perimeter of the scene of the ambush. Grey Rock Soldier joined him but seemed distracted by the need to keep watch.

Urd rolls 24 on Survival.

Urd grunted. He looked up at Grey Rock Soldier and pointed. "Twelve or so. Dragging two bodies."

Not Alex fucked around with this message at Mar 27, 2018 around 21:15

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jan 1, 1970

I WILL MEDITATE AND THEN DESTROY YOU


Cybernetic Crumb

Ryuujin posted:

The goblin struggles against the vines a bit before Thremish approaches with his beautiful music and calming words. The goblin slowly stops thrashing, looks around a bit, then nods.

"We were told to watch for dwarf Grunden Rockseeker and capture him. We told to send to King Grol. Klarg followed his orders. We send dwarf and his map to King Grol. Human we take to the eating cave."
"Where is this eating cave? Where is King Grol? Gundren is a wealthy man, surely he'll help you if we can find him before he gets there."

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

Potty Postin'


Alwyn wanders back down to the road, sheathing his sword as he goes.

"Hey anyone," he says to the group in general, "How's my back look? Those little buggers swords hurt. Is my chain mail fine?"

Skellybones
May 31, 2011






Fun Shoe


Trixine

"Nicely spoken, Thremish. Which devil did you deal with to get that silver tongue? Oh Alwyn, there's a lot of blood on you, and not from the goblins."

"I don't fancy leaving this goblin unattended with our supplies while we go off finding our employer. What if we took him along with us? He might put a good word in with his friends for us."

Cure Wounds on Alwyn for 8HP.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jan 1, 1970

I WILL MEDITATE AND THEN DESTROY YOU


Cybernetic Crumb

*nervous look* There's an old fairy tale about a goblin queen whose mood would shift based on the music she heard, I don't know if it's a goblin thing in general but it was worth a shot.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE


Hymn Dawns-Chorus

Hymn takes a deep breath, stowing his crossbow and approaching the corpses of the horse and goblins, figuring he should make SOME attempt to find clues. All the same, he wasn't keen on picking through the pockets of the recently deceased, especially considering of the survivors was divulging information they would need.
"Should we make a beeline to the cave with the cart? It seems unwise to leave it, but it also seems unwise to just...bring what they wanted to their doorsteps..." He murmured, glancing at the path and trees. It would not be an easy task, and one person manning the cart was not gonna be much trouble.

"Does anyone know how far out we are from the town?"

Investigation roll of 5!
...Shot in the dark I didn't find poo poo.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012


Tharr, son of Undarth, Barbarian

“I’m not sure we could get the wagon down the trail, seems like we should deliver it to town, then come back for our employer. But, I’m willing to be convinced I’m wrong. “

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

Potty Postin'


"Thanks for the pick me up," Alwyn says to Trixie. "I have a feeling it's going to be a long day. Didn't that Gob' just say the words 'Eating Cave'? Anyone else think it sounds like 'We eat people in this cave'?"

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE


"Yeah that was...pretty implied by his tone."
Hymn eyes the wagon warily, then the treeline.
"Do we just...ditch this stuff and pray to Milil?"

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012


"We can't get paid if Rockseeker is dead." Urd Valaak shrugs. "Bring the mules."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

Potty Postin'


"Eating people sounds monstrous to me."

Alwyn pulls his sword out again and points to the tree line. "Who's with me?"

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«4 »