Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«6 »
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

I should wake up at 4AM to watch Australia lose

Alwyn Winterwood

Alwyn is nursing his wounded pride after his embarrassing performance in the skirmish.

"Tharr, at this point I think we are the authority." He jabs the unconscious ruffian with his boot. "I'd say the bodies in the street, our big weapons and the fact most of the town probably heard the screams has given us this position."

Alwyn thinks for a moment and re-sheaths his sword. "But in my experience being the biggest arse kicker in town generally means everyone leaves you alone for a while; so maybe we CAN head back to the inn."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Tharr

That sounds like a good idea Trixine. Perhaps the Good Sister can help smooth this over. Alwyn, just because we are the best fighters on this street doesn't mean much, I'd prefer to avoid trying to turn this village into a copy of what I left behind with the Orcs. Might doesn't make right. We should bring him along, maybe the Sister will have an idea on what to do with him." Tharr points to the unconscious brigand.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Trixine

"Good idea Tharr, let's do that. This makes dealing with this gang even more important now."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Phandalin

Streets of Phandalin

The battle is over, blood is everywhere, and the group catches their breath. After a few moments deliberation they decide to leave the bodies where they lie, hauling the unconscious thug around when they flee the scene of their crime. Night begins to truly fall, and the few people still out and about at this late hour give the blood splattered group funny looks and a wide berth. Eventually they make their way to the Shrine of Luck.

Shrine of Luck

You come to the small shrine made from the stones of nearby ruins. Unfortunately no one seems to be here at this late hour. Sister Garaele must have turned in for the night already. You look around for a bit, but the shrine is clearly too small to have any place to put the unconscious thug.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Trixine

"This really has been an unfortunate day, hasn't it? Just when we need Tymora most, she's at the roulettes. Presumably our misfortune means someone else has been having a fantastic day? I think that's how it works?"

"Let's see. Sildar might know more about what's going on, and he's been waiting for us at the inn. How about we cut our losses and go there? It's as good a place as any to keep our new 'friend' overnight."

"We really can't leave those bodies in the street overnight though, that's how curses and undead get started. At least drag them to the side and cover them..."

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

Alwyn Winterwood

"Agreed. Let's take him back to Sildar at the inn. I bet he'd know what to do with a prisoner in this place."

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Hymn looked at the corpses, clicking with disapproval.
"Can we at least, like, stash them in a pile off the road? It feels disrespectful to just leave them out in the open without so much as a blanket over them."

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Tharr

Tharr slings his axe, and grabs a limb with each hand and pulls two corpses out of the middle of the road. “Don’t have anything to cover them with, but I can get them to the side of the road. I guess we can put their cloaks over them, should cover the really disturbing bits at least. “

He will pull the other corpse over after speaking and do his best to be cover them up with their cloaks.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Trixine

For lack of any better options at the moment, Trixine commends their souls to, oh, let's say Tempus.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Phandalin

Streets of Phandalin

With the Shrine of Luck being closed for the night, so to speak, the group stands around debating what to do for ahwile before pulling bodies off the road and covering them with the bloody cloaks that once adorned them. They then carry the unconscious body with them and make their way back to the Stonehill Inn.

Stonehill Inn

In the center of town stands a large, newly built roadhouse of fieldstone and rough-hewn timbers. The common room is filled with locals nursing mugs of ale or cider, all of them eyeing you with curiosity.

More so than usual even as you are covered in blood and have an unconscious redbrand over your shoulder. Conversation dips for awhile, but after enough time it slowly begins to grow again.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

Alwyn Winterwood

Alwyn orders the chicken and some refreshing Dwarven ale.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Phandalin

Stonehill Inn

A short young man makes his way to the group, introducing himself as Toblen Stonehill. He is a study in contrasts as he takes a look at your group. His first sight of the bloody and bruised redbrand is a look of delight, but then it quickly changes to worry. He looks over the party, nods, and takes your orders.

For 3 silver and 4 copper he brings Alwyn some chicken and an ale.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jan 1, 1970

I WILL MEDITATE AND THEN DESTROY YOU

Cybernetic Crumb

"Care for a tune?" Thremish asks, hoping to at least get his dinner paid for and maybe a round for his new friends. It's been a long day, the first of many to come he suspects. The comfort of song should be cherished when it can be.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Tharr

“Same for me friend Toblen. What is the cost for a room and a bath? And is there a laundress in town? “

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Phandalin

Stonehill Inn

Toblen gives Thremish a look before finally nodding. "Aye a tune may help settle everyone's nerves."

When he gets Tharr's pay he will see about bringing some chicken and ale for the half-orc as well. As far as to the other questions.

He mentions that a room would be 5 silver for the night, and for a modest fee he would see to it any clothes they wished cleaned were taken care of by mid morning.

Should anyone else decide to purchase a meal, and something to drink, and sit down at one of the tables he will bring you your food and drink and settle at the edge of the table, seeing if you need anything else.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Urd Valaak, Druid of the Circle of Spores

Urd nodded to his companions and made his way upstairs. On the way he knocked on Sildar's door and rasped through the wood, "Red clad thugs count this town as their hunting grounds. We have killed some. Secure your den."

Urd awaited the man's response.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Phandalin

Stonehill Inn

Toblen glances at Urd as he makes his way to Sildar's door, but doesn't bring it up yet. As Urd tries to get Sildar's attention he hears a response. "I see. We will talk about this tomorrow."

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Trixine

"Master Tolben, I'll have a meal, drink and room for the night, and leave the precise details to your wisdom."

Trixine sort of slumps at the table next to the Redbrand.

"If the Redbrands are as crude and disorganised as they look, they might not even realise one of their gangs is missing and didn't come home tonight. Still, they're going to realise eventually and they're willing to kill, so if we strike, it must be as soon as possible before they tear Phandalin apart in revenge."

"In the meantime, I suggest we keep this one close, and I can keep my eyes on him while I meditate. If someone wants to share my room to assist in the safekeeping, that would also be welcome. If he wakes up during the night, well, maybe we can ask some questions."

"Has anyone seen Sildar?"

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Phandalin

Stonehill Inn

Toblen nods to Trixine, though gives the slumped body another look, but doesn't say anything about it. For seven silver and four copper he lets out a room for Trixine, and a person or two who might be willing to share it, as well as some chicken and ale for her evening meal.

One of the patrons of the inn raises a mug and says "play something good and I will pay for a meal and some drink for ya!" in response to Thremish's attempt to peddle his music.

Some of you pay for food and drink, or get by with a song and some music and the kindness of strangers. Others stand around doing nothing, neither ordering food nor getting a place to sleep. Meanwhile conversation returns to the room. Waiting for your food and drink, and taking the time to enjoy it, you happen to overhear a few snatches of conversation here and there.

An old farmer, by the name of Narth mentions to his eating companion, "Sister Garaele, who oversees the Shrine of Luck, recently left town for a few days, then returned wounded and exhausted."

One of the barmaids, a girl named Elsa, gossips to a patron "Daran Edermath, the orchard keeper, is a former adventurer." She glances at the group, perhaps as if comparing them.

A miner, by the name of Lanar, who offered to pay for Thremish's meal lets slip "Orc raiders have been seen on the east end of Triboar Trail. The townmaster is looking for someone to run them off."

The innkeeper's wife, Trilena, glances at the group and talks to someone just loud enough for you to hear "Thel Dendrar, a local woodcarver, stoop up to the Redbrands a tenday ago when they came by his shop and leered at his wife. The ruffians murdered him. Several townsfolk saw it happen. The Redbrands grabbed his body, and now his wife, daughter, and son have gone missing too."

Toblen's young son Pip, helping out around the inn and bringing some of your food mentions to you "Qelline Alderleaf's son Carp said he found a secret tunnel in the woods, but Redbrands almost caught him.

A weaver, by the name of Freda, shakes her head. "The Redbrands hassle every business in town, except for the Phandalin Miner's Exchange. They don't want trouble with Halia Thornton, who runs it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Tharr

“Thank you, I'll take a room and advantage of the laundry as well. “

As he listens to the chatter in the inn he looks over at Alwyn, "These Redbrands might not be monsters, but it seems like we should help this town get out from under their thumbs, what do you think?"

«6 »