Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kak
Sep 27, 2002
You need to release your pheromones into the public air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Gaunab posted:

Seriously. That's where the hot single moms shop.
and all of them pronounce it "tar-jay" so they can sound fancy

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Join an anime nazi club

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
MeatNFuck.com

fucking garbage
Mar 8, 2018

by zen death robot
for example, today i decided to try my hand at cooking to meet some people. i have a nice pot of chili sitting on the stove but it isnt working.

ProSlayer
Aug 11, 2008

Hi friend
You will never be able to make the type of friends you made in high school or college. Friendship is created from time spent together combined with overcoming hardship. Going to a meetup group once a week and talking to strangers for one hour over beer or kickball is not going to be enough time to actually build the type of relationship you are looking for.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ProSlayer posted:

You will never be able to make the type of friends you made in high school or college. Friendship is created from time spent together combined with overcoming hardship. Going to a meetup group once a week and talking to strangers for one hour over beer or kickball is not going to be enough time to actually build the type of relationship you are looking for.

ok dude

nice

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Jikes posted:

This is how I've found fishing buddies and a kayaking group (I'm 43.) Meetup is good.

I thought your avatar was a face with a giant red afro, but I just noticed its a cat

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Evil Agita posted:

I thought your avatar was a face with a giant red afro, but I just noticed its a cat

no uts a jerk

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Op you are a nerd you have to build your friends. Like Screech had to build that robot or the weird science guys made the hot chick. This media is from back when everyone thought nerds = smart. We now know nerds are just as loving stupid as everyone else but have worse social skills.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
ROPE TIME

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Three Olives posted:

Don't be weird? I've met most of my friends in bars including my partner. If you are socially adjusted and are able to make conversation you will eventually run into people you have things in common with.

Alcoholism?

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Crack houses are probably pretty close knit communities.

cnut
May 3, 2016

Hang around schools and ask kids if they need a step-dad. If so, get them to introduce you to mom.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Do the hobbies you are talking about and then when you don't suck complete balls at them, join local communities.
Or be like me and just continue do the hobbies by yourself while dreaming of making inroads and learn to like your wife's friends :cheers:

I better not outlive her

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Why not anime?

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Is am in a similar situation and looked at Meetup and it's all crypto currency bullshit so I need plan B.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you don't have friends from school still then you aren't going to get any new ones

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic

Icochet posted:

Crack houses are probably pretty close knit communities.

I mean they are, but you kinda have to share their goals (acquiring crack at any cost) to hang

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I went to a gay bar yesterday, I got offered a fiver in the toilets, but sadly I would not say I made a new friend from the experience

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic
OP we are all hiding from you at a big party with really great food and drugs and celebrities, and when you finally die in the street like the matchstick girl we're gonna come out to point and laugh at what a lil bitch you were

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
It’s pretty easy to find a coworker that you mesh with in most industries. Things stall out for me when they actually want to meet up outside work and I’m too selfish and socially anxious to go through with it.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
put a pair of lawnchairs out on the sidewalk, sit in one, and let nature take its course

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
Jail helps you meet people

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Hang around funerals and try to connect with the mourners.

Steve Youngblood
Mar 19, 2007

***Hollywood Cobbler***

Smell like weed all the time and dont look homeless. Or look homeless and have so many hobo bros idgaf.

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

it really helps to live in a big city where you walk around and meet strangers everyday, i make new friends all the time and can't see it ever stopping

idk how i would ever meet new people living in a detached house and driving everywhere in a lil' hermetically sealed pod

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

420 SWAGLORD posted:

OP we are all hiding from you at a big party with really great food and drugs and celebrities, and when you finally die in the street like the matchstick girl we're gonna come out to point and laugh at what a lil bitch you were

I knew a guy that thought he was sad and alone because there was a finite amount of happiness in the world and everyone else had already taken the happiness that he deserved. We also had parties with good food and drugs and didn't invite him, we would talk about the parties in front of him before and after and never acknowledge that we didn't invite him.

He hung himself a few weeks ago, we have been making jokes about it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Three Olives posted:

I knew a guy that thought he was sad and alone because there was a finite amount of happiness in the world and everyone else had already taken the happiness that he deserved. We also had parties with good food and drugs and didn't invite him, we would take about the parties in front of him before and after and never acknowledge that we didn't invite him.

lol

Three Olives posted:

:bisonyes:

myDad fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 25, 2018

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Three Olives posted:

I knew a guy that thought he was sad and alone because there was a finite amount of happiness in the world and everyone else had already taken the happiness that he deserved. We also had parties with good food and drugs and didn't invite him, we would take about the parties in front of him before and after and never acknowledge that we didn't invite him.

great, man.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Personally, I take a stroll through the cemetery and read the dates on the grave markers.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Figure out what you like doing yourself and then try to find other groups or clubs or something that have people who also like to do that.

Like collecting comic books? Go to a comic con. Like hunting or fishing? Join a range club. Big fan of cooking? There’s tons of meat and cheese clubs and festivals and poo poo. Do you like being spanked and your balls electrocuted? Join FetLife.

You get the idea. There’s something out there for everyone. Just start googling your interests with maybe your city name or “local” afterwards.

naem
May 29, 2011

I just throw myself into dating until I find a girl as desperate as me who's like "oh god you'll date me ok haha yay hey let me introduce you to all my friends" then I just borrow her friends and go do things outside with people, until she eventually is like "hey, I'm dating you, but what if I WASNT dating you? How about that??" Like, this was a really profound thought she'd never had before. Then if we break up I get to be single and wallow in bachelordom for a time until I feel like dating again

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I don't really want friends

My girlfriends friends are sufficient and some internet people to play a game with every now and then

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Fartbox posted:

I don't really want friends

My girlfriends friends are sufficient and some internet people to play a game with every now and then

Thats all well and good until your girlfriend leaves you for a more interesting person with friends

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

paul_soccer10 posted:

If you don't have friends from school still then you aren't going to get any new ones

thats not true. All my friends are from my profession and family. Aside from family I didn't know any of them in school

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Three Olives posted:

I knew a guy that thought he was sad and alone because there was a finite amount of happiness in the world and everyone else had already taken the happiness that he deserved. We also had parties with good food and drugs and didn't invite him, we would talk about the parties in front of him before and after and never acknowledge that we didn't invite him.

thats a hosed up mr name myself after vodka

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Three Olives posted:

you're a bad person, dude.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Hang out in dark alleyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cnut
May 3, 2016

Deal drugs.

• Locked thread