Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Antigravitas posted:

Oh, I guess that would make sense. There are a few normal dashes tacked to the end of words that don't make sense, so I guess something converts dashes surrounded by spaces into em dashes.

That, incidentally, also sounds super extremely annoying and I'd turn that off immediately. Haven't used word in a decade though and never will again.

If written in Word, Word automatically converts dashes to em dashes if you do [text][space][dash][space][text] so that's probably why some are formatted em dashes and others are the regular dashes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faithless
Dec 1, 2006
Whats the deal with Wayfair furniture?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Faithless posted:

It's expensive, therefore it's a front for child trafficking.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Faithless posted:

They're selling children for like $10k by disguising the listings as overpriced furniture. E: beaten, so have some more: https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/hpzs8e/dear_reddit_management_stop_manipulating/

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I'm trying to understand how the furniture/child trafficking is supposed to work here. So you regularly go to this furniture site to check for new victims being advertised and then contact the pedo ring through your secret channels to make a deal? And in the process you leave your IP/incriminating evidence that could be used against you in a trial? Seems like the millions of people buying drugs on dark net markets have already figured out a way better and and actually anonymous system to do this kind of stuff. The secret pedo cabal really needs a better IT guy.

e: oh wait, they probably subscribe to the furniture newsletter to get all the new listing automatically. Saves some work, I guess

GABA ghoul fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jul 13, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think the idea is that there is no conceivable way you could pay thousands of dollars for overpriced furniture so the payment must be a way to transfer money seemingly inoccuously for illicit purposes. Like you ring up the small child order hotline and they say hello yes you can buy this child please pay by ordering a $10k chair from our website.

Which isn't, like, an utterly insane idea, it gives the buyer a plausible reason for where the money went and what they got in return, but basically the conspiracy relies on the idea that people can't buy stupidly overpriced poo poo for its own sake, because the people subscribing to it apparently have not observed how capitalism works.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

The most reasonable theory I’ve seen for the pricing is either a comma / decimal error between countries when importing a CSV file, or just straight up money laundering.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

I think the idea is that there is no conceivable way you could pay thousands of dollars for overpriced furniture so the payment must be a way to transfer money seemingly inoccuously for illicit purposes. Like you ring up the small child order hotline and they say hello yes you can buy this child please pay by ordering a $10k chair from our website.

Which isn't, like, an utterly insane idea, it gives the buyer a plausible reason for where the money went and what they got in return, but basically the conspiracy relies on the idea that people can't buy stupidly overpriced poo poo for its own sake, because the people subscribing to it apparently have not observed how capitalism works.

Except that when the operation finally gets investigated, law enforcement will have detailed information on who ordered what with home address, IP, credit card information and probably even a signature. There is a good reason why nobody is doing things this way even for low stakes poo poo like ordering weed. The idea that someone would put their entire life on the line for some minor convenience is absolutely insane. We already know how pedo rings operate in reality due to raids and they all use poo poo like TOR, PGP and dark net markets. They do this to protect both the seller and buyer.

I mean, this obviously doesn't prove that it's not a pedo ring operation. But their claim is so extraordinary and absurd that you need some really extraordinary evidence to even consider it. Some random missing kids sharing a name with a designer furniture product sure ain't it.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

The Rabbi T. White posted:

The most reasonable theory I’ve seen for the pricing is either a comma / decimal error between countries when importing a CSV file, or just straight up money laundering.
whacking the price up when something's out of stock because you're too lazy to recreate the listing and you'll lose the reviews if you take it down, because for some reason there's no out of stock option, or using it penalises the seller in some algorithmic search result kind of way, allegedly

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Spangly A posted:

lots of people have heard of the group who weirdly claimed they'd discovered some already public info, managed to get noticed despite COVID, and want to claim that epstein "corrupted" the state intelligence agencies that set him up and protected him for decades

It would very CIA to build Epstein then lose control of him though and have him corrupt their peeps though.:hmmyes:

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Rime posted:

Did we talk yet about how Michael Flynn took the Q pledge on the 4th.

'cauae there's something deeply disturbing about a high-ranked with NatSec & Intelligence clearances endorsing this, bald attempt at manipulating the weak-minded or not.

Flynn is the weakminded.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

I'm still kind of haunted by a clip played on a recent Qanon Anonymous episode, where a recent Qanon convert livestreamed a high speed chase he got into with all of his kids loaded in his back seat. He kept pleading for Trump to help him, as if he was expecting a real time response. He was praying to Donald loving Trump.

I had a lot of fears after election night 2016, but I admit that I didn't see "a non-dismissable portion of the country will elevate Trump to a position of quasi-divinity" coming.

Anyone got this on hand? I am working on a project about cult mentality and this sounds unbelievable.

e: sorry

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jul 13, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Calico Heart posted:

Anyone got this on hand? I am working on a project about cult mentality and this sounds unbelievable.

Origami Dali posted:

long form vid of Q car chase guy. it's pretty hard to watch w the scared kids in the car. he starts pleading w q or trump to help him around 12:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIW2sz9CYuY

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Faithless posted:

people's lives are hollow and empty and they're filling it with stories about how they're the world's savoir.
or do you mean this specific example?

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Skimming that OP's post history is, uh, quite the ride.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
New QAnon talks about Wayfair and KW Miller. It's good.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Zero_Grade posted:

Skimming that OP's post history is, uh, quite the ride.

gently caress the history it's a hell of a ride for the one bit

/e i'm disappointed they couldn't figure out an H to fit in that last part

how do you forget "hubris"?

stringless fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jul 14, 2020

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Origami Dali posted:

long form vid of Q car chase guy. it's pretty hard to watch w the scared kids in the car. he starts pleading w q or trump to help him around 12:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIW2sz9CYuY

Paranoid schizophrenia is pretty terrifying to watch.

The Q stuff was catnip for this guy, clearly, but he would have gone bonkers regardless, listening to the radio for guidance and "clues."

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

MadJackal posted:

The Q stuff was catnip for this guy, clearly, but he would have gone bonkers regardless, listening to the radio for guidance and "clues."

I’m surprised at how sharp his kid was, keeping cool and leading him around by talking about her supernatural powers. She was probably used to his delusions by that point, though.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

MadJackal posted:

This is majority of Q people in their 20-30s. People break in very weird ways before schizophrenia shows itself fully, but this video is so god drat textbook it’s mind blowing. I had a friend do the exact same thing with radio playlists and writing cryptic notes in all kinds of random rear end places / directions. Q doesn’t break a person, it gives them an outlet for others with similar conditions to validate their reality gaps. It’s really just all kinds of sad.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

InsertPotPun posted:

people's lives are hollow and empty and they're filling it with stories about how they're the world's savoir.
or do you mean this specific example?

Nah, they're not the world's savior.

They just post about the savior who'll totally do the savioring one day. Any day now, they'll move decisively and solve all the world's problem in one fell swoop. Oh, they can't do it right now, the enemy is too powerful, but soon.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Argas posted:

Nah, they're not the world's savior.

They just post about the savior who'll totally do the savioring one day. Any day now, they'll move decisively and solve all the world's problem in one fell swoop. Oh, they can't do it right now, the enemy is too powerful, but soon.

Typical fascist wank about how they are righteous, legion and all powerful and their victory is inevitable except for when they are oppressed and downtrodden and they are a lone voice struggling against the void.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
To be honest I'm surprised there hasn't been a push in right wing media to give Trump more divine characteristics and make him to be a demigod or something.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Chuka Umana posted:

To be honest I'm surprised there hasn't been a push in right wing media to give Trump more divine characteristics and make him to be a demigod or something.

A non-zero amount of Evangelicals have compared him to Cyrus The Great, which is their way of admitting he's actually a terrible Christian who they only voted for because he hates the people they hate.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

DarklyDreaming posted:

A non-zero amount of Evangelicals have compared him to Cyrus The Great, which is their way of admitting he's actually a terrible Christian who they only voted for because he hates the people they hate.

But Cyrus was not elected and was relatively nice to the Jews? I mean, what possible thing are they referring to with this comparison?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

FFT posted:

gently caress the history it's a hell of a ride for the one bit

/e i'm disappointed they couldn't figure out an H to fit in that last part

how do you forget "hubris"?

He’s doing the schizoid mass capitalization flourish way more than Francis E. Dec, my man’s terminal.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Murgos posted:

Typical fascist wank about how they are righteous, legion and all powerful and their victory is inevitable except for when they are oppressed and downtrodden and they are a lone voice struggling against the void.

I know, but most of them this time around see themselves as part of the non-silent silent majority who won't have to lift a finger because they've just had their eyes opened before everyone else, but once stuff Happens for real, they also won't have to lift a finger from their keyboards/touchscreens. Like, we've all kind of rolled our eyes before at social activists who overly emphasize their online media activities as important work (online activism is important, but there's a ton of stuff to do that isn't twitter) but the q cult takes it further because that's all they can. To them, stuff is already happening behind the scenes, the good fight is already being fought, and soon the great work will be done and all can be revealed.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Chuka Umana posted:

Oh, they are. Alex Jones keeps assigning him "divine" traits and calling him a savior, and Roger Stone literally said on air that he would pray to Trump for a commutation.

poo poo's real weird out there.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Inevitability of Gradualness is the name of my band’s first album, which doesn’t exist rn but I’m calling dibs, right here and now

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Chuka Umana posted:

The prosperity gospel people have said it. You know, because they're con artists.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Wow, William Gibson's early material was really rough.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Tobermory posted:

But Cyrus was not elected and was relatively nice to the Jews? I mean, what possible thing are they referring to with this comparison?

It's meant to be a response to the fact that Trump is the opposite of what Christians have claimed to want in their leaders, like the guy is a serial adulterer who has bragged about groping women, constantly lies, is narcissistic as hell, and so on. When someone says "I don't see how Christians could like/support Trump when he's clearly not a Christian and is the kind of person they claim to dislike" they mention Cyrus the Great, who wasn't Jewish but was very supportive to the Jews. So what if Trump isn't Christian, he supports the things Christians want, so therefore he's a great man who is to be admired and supported.

Kharohz
Jul 25, 2007

THE BELL TOLLS FOR THEE
I'm so thrilled, I can't wait to tell my qanon loving mother that I bought a wayfair couch. Gonna tell her I found children's toys under the recliner.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

onesixtwo posted:

This is majority of Q people in their 20-30s. People break in very weird ways before schizophrenia shows itself fully, but this video is so god drat textbook it’s mind blowing. I had a friend do the exact same thing with radio playlists and writing cryptic notes in all kinds of random rear end places / directions. Q doesn’t break a person, it gives them an outlet for others with similar conditions to validate their reality gaps. It’s really just all kinds of sad.

There are the paranoid-schizophrenics, and then there are the people who are in control of their faculties and are using the former. For instance:

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Oh, they are. Alex Jones keeps assigning him "divine" traits and calling him a savior, and Roger Stone literally said on air that he would pray to Trump for a commutation.

These guys know what they're doing. Trump doesn't mind, he probably like the idea of being God, he doesn't think hard about His reponsibilities.

DarklyDreaming posted:

I find this funny because all these assholes can't loving shut up about the 300 Spartans that Cyrus' son beat up in that little war of theirs.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Phobophilia posted:

I find this funny because all these assholes can't loving shut up about the 300 Spartans that Cyrus' son beat up in that little war of theirs.

Grandson :hist101:

Also Cyrus was killed by a woman whose son he killed after an ill-advised attempt to conquer Central Asia. There's like five different versions of that story because antiquarian history is spotty at best but all those stories have the same punchline.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Kharohz posted:

I'm so thrilled, I can't wait to tell my qanon loving mother that I bought a wayfair couch. Gonna tell her I found children's toys under the recliner.

Mom, listen. Wayfair has just what I need.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Mom, listen. Wayfair has just what I need.

Get some money together and order something. Record all the details of ordering and use that to advertise an unboxing video on all the conspiracy sites. Make sure you sell T-Shirts and Hats leading up to the event. You may want to imply that you 'know people'. When the item is scheduled to arrive start a live stream and broadcast the whole thing, make sure it's super monetized in every way you can.

Move after it's over because you will be doxxed from the video and they will be accusing you of being part of the conspiracy when your box just has furniture in it.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Or, very carefully unbox the furniture. Get ahold of a friendly neighborhood kid or a niece or nephew or something and then put them inside of the furniture, and re-box it up. Then create the unboxing video.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

DarklyDreaming posted:

Grandson :hist101:

Also Cyrus was killed by a woman whose son he killed after an ill-advised attempt to conquer Central Asia. There's like five different versions of that story because antiquarian history is spotty at best but all those stories have the same punchline.

wasn't she into hotboxing, and likely high as poo poo when she kilt him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Garrand posted:

Or, very carefully unbox the furniture. Get ahold of a friendly neighborhood kid or a niece or nephew or something and then put them inside of the furniture, and re-box it up. Then create the unboxing video.

No the game is to do this but put some Halloween props like a dismembered hand or foot in there, do the unboxing where you clearly take those things out, but set them aside and never mention or acknowledge them so the Q-viewers think they've figured something out.

E: actually this would be really funny to do with a whole kid too. Just lift them out and never mention them.