Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

SatoshiMiwa posted:

We got DDT Kenny and Ibushi and not in a safe way
This was pretty much a tag version of their singles match at the Bukodan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

me basically the entire last quarter of this match

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cody is so hosed he only has Page and Marty

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

loving camera men

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
No, Matt! :ohdear:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Cody not the smartest bulb, is he?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Did the Bucks finally realize Cody's been manipulating them?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Was that the first time Nick and Ibushi touched since the CHIKARA 4-way years ago?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SatoshiMiwa posted:

If this ends with Cody suddenly realizing he has alienated everybody and the entire rest of Bullet Club has abandoned him, I'll be so happy

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I think Cody only has Marty insomuch as long as thats beneficial for Marty.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

poop chant

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

poop chant spotted

e: "a busted lip, that's no good" :bigtran:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Look, it's basic cable, we can't swear.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
If Kenny's orbital was even close to broke that eye would be shut.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God New Japan is so loving great

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Jerusalem posted:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Give us Ishii/Suzuki for the G1 Special!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Did the Bucks finally realize Cody's been manipulating them?

Stay tuned for the next "Being The Elite"...

(please yes :ohdear:)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I mean not only did they just have one of the best New Japan Cups ever and made a new top guy in ZSJ they also just had one of the best Tag Matches and the Ishii/Okada vs ZSJ/Suzuki match was so good

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
That main event was exhausting in the best way possible. I must have bit on like three of the false finishes because I'd totally spaced on the Golden Trigger despite it having been teased earlier in the match. Goddamn.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

all the stars

and none to sling tv for some slideshows during the main event :argh:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I made the fatal mistake of getting into it with Bix on Twitter someone help me

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Benne posted:

Just walk away from the computer, haha, just close your eyes.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Benne posted:

I just unfollowed him. I don't even disagree that this wasn't the best tag match like people are making out, but doing the whole "you are wrong for liking things" shtick is dorky as gently caress.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Baron Corbyn posted:

I just unfollowed him. I don't even disagree that this wasn't the best tag match like people are making out, but doing the whole "you are wrong for liking things" shtick is dorky as gently caress.

The guy once tried to claim Yoshi-HASHI is a better wrestler than Omega. He's at best a troll.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Baron Corbyn posted:

I see this a lot on Wrestling Twitter, the attitude of "heh you don't criticize New Japan like you criticize WWE HYPOCRITES :smug:" and it's loving weird.

Like, yes, we know NJPW has flaws, but their good stuff is more than good enough to cancel it out. The booking always has a long-term focus and has earned the benefit of the doubt, unlike WWE. Also context, and standards, and better camera work (tonight notwithstanding) and a billion other things I don't feel like getting into right now.

It seems like people got so used to making GBS threads on WWE they feel they have to do it with other promotions just to be "fair and objective." Which is a load of horseshit, obviously.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Wrestling is... good

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yeah, the weird insistence that NJPW fans should be like that breed of WWE "fans" who are needlessly hypercritical of everything WWE does instead of just not watching the show if they hate it so much is a real headscratcher.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

David Bitchenspan.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I took a look at Bix's twitter for a few seconds and this is some of the most blatant reply trolling I've seen in a while.

What I've seen of him, he just seems like an extremely unlikable dude in general and this isn't changing that notion at all.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Also I hope Omega speaking cleanly and calmly in the post-match promo because he wasn't speaking to a crowd of 99% Japanese people blew Bix's head off.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i saw this show live and it was very good

i also yelled "he has no neck" when zsj was trying to choke ishii. i'm over, baby

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Not sure how it was on TV but main event was no question a top 3 match ive ever seen live and motyc level to me.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
What a loving show.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Great show! So stoked for the Cow Palace news. Anyone thinking of traveling to SF? I have plenty of recommendations and can organize a Meetup.

Cow palace holds 12-13k. I think to have a shot at selling it out they'd need to bring in some big lucha names and super cheap nosebleed tickets

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Great show! So stoked for the Cow Palace news. Anyone thinking of traveling to SF? I have plenty of recommendations and can organize a Meetup.

Cow palace holds 12-13k. I think to have a shot at selling it out they'd need to bring in some big lucha names and super cheap nosebleed tickets

I hope they do Rush vs Parka or maybe Parka and Okada vs Rush and Naito. I'd pop for that.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'd love to go to Cow Palace but my financial situation isn't good enough for flight/hotel to the Bay Area :(

Now if they ran a show in Seattle, I'd definitely carve out time/money for the bus rides.

Benne fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Mar 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Some good interviews from tonight here. Also Esther Lin has started posting pictures on her account and they look great so far. https://www.youtube.com/user/cagesideseats

• Locked thread