Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I had a dream about this game once despite knowing next to nothing about it (well, the girl climbing an icy mountain at least). I'm not sure if that's supposed to mean anything, but I'll follow this LP anyway.

The idea of the hard platformer where you may lose hundreds of lives but they end up being worth it when you complete a stage almost reminds me of the DKCR games in a sense. I probably lost so many lives on some of the levels but I didn't feel discouraged about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Am I the only one who thinks the general presentation of Celeste is a bit like Steven Universe? Now I'm not entirely familiar with that show beyond a few clips that I've seen, but the character design, music and a few of the central themes (minus the lesbian angles) all seem like they came from the same creators. Although I know that's probably coincidental.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Maybe the whole thing is actually a video game.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Lazy Bear posted:

LIKE A BOSS.

I admit, I also found this expression pretty hilarious.

It's a bit strange though how there's such a dissonance between Madeline being so unsure of herself but also capable of superhuman feats such as scaling a vertical wall without equipment while also carrying someone who's one and a half times bigger then herself. But that's a concession you need to make for the video game to really work.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

As a Canadian, I can say that the driving age is the same as the U.S, which is 16.

I said before that the general art direction reminds me a lot of Steven Universe and I still stand by my statement.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

I put her at late 20s/early 30s. Old enough for the weight of life to come crushing down but young enough to be stupid enough to climb a mountain.

That and considering the general aesthetic choices of the game (tape cassettes as a collectable, Super Nintendo-style graphics and the reference to Mario Bros 3) that would put her in the age group where those things would be part of their childhood.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

The B-side music for the Temple reminds me so much of Donkey Kong Country's Aquatic Ambiance. I can't be the only one right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Wonderful game and a great job at LPing it. Its so easy to see why people claim that it's the best game of 2018.

• Locked thread