Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018
Choose your own Adventure: South Park The Fractured But Whole

WARNING THIS GAME CONTAINS NSFW MATERIAL: DRUG USE, SOME NUDITY, LOTS AND LOTS OF FOUL LANGUAGE

The Story
South Park The Fractured But Whole (FBW) follows a day after the events of the Stick of Truth, in which we followed the new kid through the made up realm of Ancient Zaron in a turn based, Lord of the Rings style RPG game which followed The New Kid AKA Douchbag, Buttlord, etc as we retrieved the Stick from the forces of evil.

In this game, our heroes have hung up their swords and bows and donned on Super Hero persona's and are attempting to become famous by kick starting their own super hero franchise. In FBW we help the Coon and Friends as they try to find a missing cat Scrambles to get their series off the ground. Along the way we clash with other heroes, ninjas, and of course crab people. So join me as we band together to save South Park once again!

Latest Update

The LP
What makes this LP different from the others is that I am putting most of the decisions (that can be made) on you guys. I will be doing polls before I record each episode in which you will decide what you want to see (majority vote will be the winner)

Hero Class Showcases

From Left to Right: Blaster, Brutalist, Speedster, Netherborn, Cyborg, Elementalist, Psychic, Assassin, Gadgeteer, Plantmancer, Martial Artist

Schedule
I will probably be doing an episode once a week to provide ample time for voting.

Votes for the next episode
Vote for our final class here: HERE

Table of Contents

ArknknuckleRpg fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jun 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018
Reserved just in case

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Good luck with the LP. I will watch and vote when I can.

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018
I will be ending voting tonight so I can get an episode up tomorrow before I leave for a convention

GameNerdz
Sep 13, 2017

Cant wait to see what you have got in store for the thread!

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

Hello everyone and welcome to the first episode of South Park: The Fractured But Whole. In this episode we are introduced once again to our Hero and given our mission: Find Scrambles, claim our reward, start our own super hero franchise, we also pick our first hero class which was voted by you guys. The winner by consensus was the Netherborn!

VOTES FOR THE NEXT EPISODE

In order to post the next round of votes I play ahead of the recording so in the next episode I will be having you guys the difficulty I will be playing at, the first round of allies I will be fighting with based on their Class; Tank, Support, and Dps, and finally you guys will be picking my Kryptonite.

Difficulty Vote here

My Kryptonite Vote here

Allies (Pictures link to a Hero Showcase Video)

Tanks (as of right now Super Craig is the only tank we have)
Super Craig

DPS
Fast Pass

Mosquito

Vote for your DPS here

Support
Human Kite

Henrietta

Vote for your Support here

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
It's good you're not restricting things like the Netherborn Class and Henrietta because they're DLC. I'm also pleased they can be used in the main game.

Nice to use Strawpoll for vote-tallying, though it may keep the thread small. Oh well, some of us can vote in both places perhaps. [imitates Craig] I am SU-PER CRAIG...

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

achtungnight posted:

It's good you're not restricting things like the Netherborn Class and Henrietta because they're DLC. I'm also pleased they can be used in the main game.

Nice to use Strawpoll for vote-tallying, though it may keep the thread small. Oh well, some of us can vote in both places perhaps. [imitates Craig] I am SU-PER CRAIG...

Haha thats my favorite thing about Super Craig. I thought about restricting it but I figured I would let you guys decide, as for the votes I don't think I can create a poll on here because I am not platinum and I figured strawpoll would be easier anyway

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018
Also what do you guys think of the hero showcases? Do they help you guys come to a decision for the votes?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Dunno about the rest of the voters, but they certainly helped me pick- FastPass looks friggin' awesome!

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

CommissarMega posted:

Dunno about the rest of the voters, but they certainly helped me pick- FastPass looks friggin' awesome!

Awesome! I’m glad to hear that it helped you make your choice!

Treuan
Jun 30, 2011

Go have some COFFEE with CREAM or something! Because I'll tell you something! This is a happy place!
I'm digging it so far! Having never played, I found the hero showcases informative if that helps at all!

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

Treuan posted:

I'm digging it so far! Having never played, I found the hero showcases informative if that helps at all!

Yes it does! Means I am doing something right cuz they take a bit to create but if they are informative and helpful then it is all worth it

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Meh, I just picked based on my character preference from the show. Jimmy's always been a swell guy.

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Meh, I just picked based on my character preference from the show. Jimmy's always been a swell guy.

Haha my favorite is Mysterion but we haven't gotten him yet

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
ah, this should be interesting.

And I didn't know they had a dlc character come out.

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

mauman posted:

Yea it just came out within the last week or so

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

mauman posted:

They DID come out with another DLC, titled "Danger Room" which is just a bunch of combat challenges for rewards. Unfortunately, even at the higher difficulties (AKA: The Token Experience for being both Black and playing on Mastermind difficulty) the game is pretty easy past the early game when items are pretty scarce and money isn't as easily acquired

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Can we riot Vote to have Towelie turned back on? Also gather the toilets in the same video there really isn't a point to splitting them off.

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018
Alright I will put both to a vote

Do you want Towlie on? Vote here

Would you like me to do a seperate collection video of toilets and yaoi pictures, or collect them as I go?
Vote here

ArknknuckleRpg fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 1, 2018

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018
Voting will be ending tonight so get them in while you can!

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Make our LPer suffer the wrath of towlie’s existence!

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

Kemix posted:

Make our LPer suffer the wrath of towlie’s existence!

LOL well you guys voted for it so he is turned back on, I will have the new episode up in about 45 mins ish

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I’m especially interested to see if Towelie has any special comments during the Sober Towelie Boss Fight.

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

achtungnight posted:

I’m especially interested to see if Towelie has any special comments during the Sober Towelie Boss Fight.

I already know but you will just have to wait and see haha

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

In this episode we gather our allies to take on the challenges of being a hero!
The results of last weeks votes are as follows
Diffulty:Diabolical (Very Hard)
Kryptonite: Old People

Our Team for this episode: Buttlord, Super Craig, Fast Pass, Henrietta

I think for future episodes I might be the one who picks which allies I use, you guys can request certain ones and I will try to show off as many as possible, It might just be easier for me to pick the team that best suits the fights as well as my playstyle.

Yaoi Pictures Collected

Found in Ike's room

Found behind the counter at Raisin's

Votes for the next episode
In the next episode we have two votes, the first is we get to pick our gender, and the second is we get to pick our next hero class. For the hero classes I will be limiting them to the new choices only, and I will pick and choose the powers out of them that I want to use, but I will have to choose at least one.

Vote for the gender here

New Hero Classes

From left to right: Cyborg, Elementalist, Psychic

Vote for your next hero class here

ArknknuckleRpg fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 11, 2018

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Switching around the allies would be a lot more interesting than using the same all the time. Even though voting for Henrietta was clearly the correct choice.

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

Poil posted:

Switching around the allies would be a lot more interesting than using the same all the time. Even though voting for Henrietta was clearly the correct choice.

Haha I agree Henrietta is awesome

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Henrietta’s reaction to these compliments?

Meh. WHATEVER! [cigarette puff]

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

achtungnight posted:

Henrietta’s reaction to these compliments?

Meh. WHATEVER! [cigarette puff]

We're all a bunch of conformists anyway

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018
So which hero are you guys most excited to see? Or which power are you excited for me to use

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
DIABETIC RAGE!!!!!

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

achtungnight posted:

DIABETIC RAGE!!!!!

I AM CAPTAIN DIABETES! YOU WILL NOT HAVE YOUR KEYS

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Neatherborn seems OP as gently caress. Top picks for pro people are obviously Cyborg, Netherborn and Elementalist.

Also now I have to buy and play this stupid game. The first was pretty good, unexpectedly good even.

Edit: gently caress off it's 60 bux it can wait for a sale.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 8, 2018

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

Gridlocked posted:

Neatherborn seems OP as gently caress. Top picks for pro people are obviously Cyborg, Netherborn and Elementalist.

Also now I have to buy and play this stupid game. The first was pretty good, unexpectedly good even.

Lmao it’s coming out on switch soon so it might drop around that time

Miyamoto Musashi
Jul 22, 2006

Gridlocked posted:

For what it's worth, you could buy a used copy off Gamefly right now for $17.99 with free shipping. While they are used, they're always in immaculate condition and come with the case and and all manuals or codes intact.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So comments off the first episode:

Re:combat tutorial, you should discuss the attack patterns as they come up rather than talking about alllll of them over the first battle. It's hard to enjoy Butters and Kyles comments because I can't hear them. For example you start talking about allies and classes before they even come up. The system is symplistic enough that most people can pick it up after the first few turns, so you should highlight cool new things as they appear rather than the basics. I really liked the mentions of differences from the previous game.

Try not to spoil neat things early on. Morgan Freeman fight: Cool and makes sence considering the whole Casa Bonita episode. Hearing its the bonus boss battle and literal endgame content the first 10 min not quite as cool.

And the game is basically a playable South Park movie, please don't talk over the unique combat dialogue, and to a lesser extend the cutsences but you're not doing that as badly as the combat dialogue. You don't need to be saying something constantly, it's not a stream it's an LP. And reiterating stuff characters have just said ("Who's a Ginger") isn't really necessary IMO as you're not value adding. I get that you're excited and we're excited with you but the idea is you've played the game already and we haven't so talking over stuff makes us miss out on content.

I also REALLY love the Showcase videos that you've done separately. That's a great way of dealing with things without breaking the flow of the game.

And this is more a question then a comment but: Could you have talked to the Moorish at Kupa Keep? It seemed like there was stuff to do there like talk to them but you didn't. Same with not looking in Cartman's cupboard, yeah we know its all just static references to past episodes but its still neat to look.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Apr 8, 2018

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

Gridlocked posted:

So comments off the first episode:

Re:combat tutorial, you should discuss the attack patterns as they come up rather than talking about alllll of them over the first battle. It's hard to enjoy Butters and Kyles comments because I can't hear them. For example you start talking about allies and classes before they even come up. The system is symplistic enough that most people can pick it up after the first few turns, so you should highlight cool new things as they appear rather than the basics. I really liked the mentions of differences from the previous game.

Try not to spoil neat things early on. Morgan Freeman fight: Cool and makes sence considering the whole Casa Bonita episode. Hearing its the bonus boss battle and literal endgame content the first 10 min not quite as cool.

And the game is basically a playable South Park movie, please don't talk over the unique combat dialogue, and to a lesser extend the cutsences but you're not doing that as badly as the combat dialogue. You don't need to be saying something constantly, it's not a stream it's an LP. And reiterating stuff characters have just said ("Who's a Ginger") isn't really necessary IMO as you're not value adding. I get that you're excited and we're excited with you but the idea is you've played the game already and we haven't so talking over stuff makes us miss out on content.

I also REALLY love the Showcase videos that you've done separately. That's a great way of dealing with things without breaking the flow of the game.

And this is more a question then a comment but: Could you have talked to the Moorish at Kupa Keep? It seemed like there was stuff to do there like talk to them but you didn't. Same with not looking in Cartman's cupboard, yeah we know its all just static references to past episodes but its still neat to look.

Thank you for the constructive criticism it actually does help me with my commentary. Sorry for talking over the beginning stuff that was my bad. I will try to work on when I should comment or not. I am glad you like the showcases I think they really add a lot to this LP as well. I will try not to spoil stuff in the future but to fair about the Morgan freeman fight there is a loading screen that says that he is a boss. As for the moorish you can talk to them but they don’t add anything really and I actually just forgot to talk to them. and in the future when I start going through the houses I won’t go as fast so people can get a good look as well. Thank you for all your comments again!

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Kevin, my favorite comedy side character from the South Park Stick of Truth game, is the Moorish chief. :) I don’t think he appears after the beginning. Other than that and a few more great bits like the Cardboard Dragon, they don’t add much, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018
I love the cardboard dragon I thought that was a great include

• Locked thread