Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Jesus Christ Liz that's a bit excessive no???

Also lol Philip is now a 1%er owner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Yeah it's clear the firm is doing much better now that Philip is actually working there and not just loving off on "business trips" every other day.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Given the service life of all 80s tech, Mail Robot is assuredly dead after the time skip.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the robot not only survived the time skip, but was still around many years later. This is government equipment we're talking about, it was probably chugging right along with whatever ancient IBM mainframe they were keeping on life support.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

The Philip business stuff was weird because they spend so much time in S1 showing how he made it big and now suddenly he doesn't have money for school. :capitalism: I guess because there's no way losing a single private client in S2 should've caused them any issues.

And doesn't Liz still work there? So they should be still funneling money to her through the agency in any case. Maybe Philip can embezzle some of that sweet cash.

I don't really see Stan's GF being anything. It's been what, at least like 3 years and she sticks around just in case he mentions something classified? Who the hell would do that.

At this point Henry would be a way better second-gen agent at this point with an impressive school career. He'd basically have the background like loving Muller or Kerry with their fancy school and have a bunch of awesome references.

Also gently caress you golubtsy are good though not as good as dolma.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Phillip v Elizabeth is getting more intense now. "Mom said he killed himself. He was troubled." :v: Oh poor sweet Paige. Totally expecting Paige's attempt to get the intern as a source to blow up in her face.
Maybe it already did, she just had time to clean up :pervert:

Which St. Edwards did they send Henry to? The one in Oxford? Now my only dependents are some fish and shrimp but I'd probably want to drop this kind of news in person.

Really curious to see how Liz is gonna explain it when Paige inevitibly hears on the news that like three people were murdered during an attempted burglary at the warehouse. Maybe they shot themselves in confusion after she already left!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

Hell, I've been wondering how she explained away the murdered soldier dude in episode 1!

Also drat, I loved the "altogether too dark" infiltration scene. It was a pretty bold experiment and I thought it worked.

I am also digging the - I guess - medium burn this season has going for it. Just escalating tension every episode.
One of the dozen random murders in DC :shrug: Probably wouldn't even make the news, this is a massive break-in and murder at a defense contractor with top secret poo poo.

The infiltration scene was cool but I couldn't stop worrying if I was missing something because of my projector which isn't as great with contrast in dark scenes as latest TVs.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Once they knew which building I'm sure it was trivial to figure out by watching the windows or something. I was more concerned that they had Elizabeth do it, when she's supposed to be working on the much more important nuclear stuff, but they probably don't have the people.

This episode, though, fuuuuck. Poor Stan. And Kimmy. And Paige.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

I never thought of it that way, but it now reminds me of House of Cards where everything for several seasons too conveniently goes the Underwoods' way to the point of it seeming like a weakness of the show and just accepting and having to deal with it.

I could've done without the toast. It felt like a scene where Phil and Paige should've burst out laughing afterwards at the irony.

I quit watching Archer three episodes into last season. Is this one of the many high-brow jokes that dragged the show down?
It wouldn't stand out that much if Stan wasn't completely ineffectual for like 6 years now.

The toast felt a bit out of character but he's probably still freaked out over the murder and the scope of the soviet operation. Good thing Liz was already gone and couldn't be there, she would've jumped over the table and stabbed him in the neck with a meat fork right then and there for that Reagan line.

Last season of Archer wasn't particularly high-brow, just relatively boring. Good news though, there's a new season out and I'm going to watch the first episode right now.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Stan just needs to be a bit more curious than the first time and it's pretty much game over. He can just follow Liz for any amount of time and that's it. Even if she diligently does the whole routine to lose the tail every time, the fact that she does that on the way to the travel agency office every day would be super suspicious.

I think think they set everything up for the finale pretty well (although this missions seemed like something they wouldn't risk exposing other illegals). It just feels like it's happening out of nowhere because the FBI made no progress on them in like 10 years, but this is probably how it happens IRL too. There's no leads for a long time until something happens and there suddenly it's on.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Mail bot: "The Cold War's over!"
Stan: "Finally those capitalist pigs will pay for their crimes! Right, comrades?!"
Jennings: :mad:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Seriously. Was there any kind of closure? As I remember it, at some point he just straight up stopped appearing in the show. Maybe he'll turn up in the finale, and we'll learn that his full name is Mischa Chekhov.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

I like that Stan's eureka moment was the realization that Keri Russell has incredible hair
Wouldn't she be wearing one of her wigs though? I have to say I don't remember at all the situation Stan was asking about.

Anyway, this episode, goddamn. I didn't watch the preview but clearly poo poo is about to hit the fan, everything is in place now. :suspense:

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 22:56 on May 17, 2018

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

For a connection to current events, you might've heard about this Strzok guy who was testifying in congress yesterday.

I'm sure those who were paying attention to the inspiration of the show knew and realized this, but turns out he's the guy who was running the counter-intelligence operation against the real-life illegals. So basically like a competent Gaad I guess. There's a lot of information about this out there of course but Rachel Maddow did a summary in the context of current events here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpIfLRqz0bg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

isk posted:

gently caress YEAH MATTHEW RHYS

"Keri Russell said, 'If you propose to me, I'll punch you clean in the mouth.'"

Also dying at how many people are just now learning that Rhys isn't American

No poo poo, we've been told he was Russian all these years.

• Locked thread