Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
I just loving finished this series. It's the most incredible series I've ever seen, and the fact that it holds up so well across pretty much every season is amazing. That last episode was loving heartrending.

Sorry to necro this thread, but I just needed to write something about it. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. It's so loving good. And I'm simultaneously really glad they ended it on a high note without letting it become stale, and really, really sad that it's over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

esperterra posted:

I feel you bb.

How was season 5 as a binge? I had no problem with it weekly, but a lot of people thought it was bad/slow. I imagine not having to wait between episodes may help some of the issues some viewers had.

I liked the pace tho. Calm before the storm that is the final season.
I thought it was fine. I feel like most of the series is more of a slow burn overall, but watching a season at a time probably helped a lot.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

nwin posted:

Just watched the finale.

What a great show, but it had me wanting more.

What’s going to happen to Paige? Why did she ditch her parents-she wasn’t able to go through with it? I just don’t get what’s in store for her since Stan knows she knows, but then again Stan didn’t tell the other agents about the garage scene.

That garage scene though-god drat.
I mean... Paige grew up in the U.S. And while her mom was showing her a ton of stuff about the motherland, it was really all she's ever known. The whole "we're Russian spies" thing is something Paige has known about for... what, two or three years?

In general, Paige and Henry have always been way closer with each other than they have been with their parents. Think about all the times they're just on their own growing up while their parents are "out of town" doing poo poo. Paige has probably been more of a parent to Henry than either of her parents have ever been.

There probably wasn't a better option for their parents given the circumstances, but it would have been a pretty hosed family situation.

• Locked thread