Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Does anyone think Henry ends up in the fancy school or is he stuck playing video games with Stan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Goddam but the musical queues are on point.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

AV Club had a cool deep dive into Henry's hockey number.

av club posted:

Star player and burgeoning high school heartthrob Henry Jennings wears No. 9 for St. Edward’s, a number of deep hockey significance, worn by three of the National Hockey League’s greatest players: Gordie Howe, Maurice Richard, and Bobby Hull. But it was also on the sweater of Soviet star Vladimir Krutov, the left wing of the Red Army’s feared KLM Line. Krutov was on hand for the 1987 Canada Cup, the finals of which would’ve taken place a few weeks prior to “Dead Hand,” and pitted Krutov and his comrades against Team Canada in one of the greatest international matchups in the sport’s history. Carrying the championship squad and two “9”s on his back in that tournament: Wayne Gretzky.

I don't really follow hockey, but that's pretty bomb if intentional.

The dinner scene was super good, and I hope we get more of that sort of interaction. Its still up in the air if Stan's girlfriend is Directorate-S right?

Does Arkady work out of Moscow, or did he make the trip back to pull Oleg back in?

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

howe_sam posted:

Arkady said he's the deputy director of Directorate S so I'd guess he's in Moscow. He also got ejected from the US in season 4 in retaliation for Gaad's death didn't he?

That's right! Thanks. I couldn't remember if he popped up last season when Oleg was in Moscow the whole time, or not.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

I get that "diplomatic immunity" was a cause and reason for those two to get approached by the FBI in an official capacity in public, what does it really imply? Are they pretty much giving themselves to the US, and Russia can't touch them now?

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

Everything about the Kimmie plotline has been gross from the word go and unpleasant to watch.

If you saw the teaser for next week's episode it's only going to get worse.

So, with the time jump are we rightly assuming that both Paige and Kimmy are 21 now?
It looks like Elizabeth is going to force the issue with Phillip and force him into keeping her home from Greece with the promise the "relationship" she wanted back when she was a minor. This is going to break an already broken Phillip.

This whole episode was just gut punch after gut punch of failures and tension. Seeing Elizabeth social engineer her way into that World Series party only to have it get devastatingly awkward was pretty brutal.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

howe_sam posted:

Paige is younger than Kimmie by a year or two isn't she?

I feel super creeper trying to figure out an age, but anyway ... there's the implication that she's in college since she's home on the weekend and wasn't planning on coming home for Thanksgiving tied with the whole comment about "Dating a junior" so yeah maybe not 21, but the show's intention is 18+. Phillip obviously still has issues about it.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

The tension they're creating this season is starting to ooze out of my television.

I was honestly surprised after all the bitterness and anger between the two, Phillip still decided to go to her and help. It's super loose and dangerous it seems, but everything gets more reckless this season?

Do you lot think that some of those bits from next week's teaser was misdirection? I wonder if Stan and Phillip actually end up have a conversation about the failing travel business and Phillip having to take some less than legal steps to keep Henry in school?

The best lies are filled with half truths right?

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Gonz posted:

Stan had better be the last person standing, because if not, then gently caress this show.

Even the potential "innocents" left standing (like Henry) or the "good guys" like Stan will end up broken. I can't see how this show is a happy ending for ANYONE except mail robot.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Gregory "took one for the team" so that Elizabeth could get away right? It's been a minute since I watches season one, but wasn't the heat at the door and he told her to get out and while he stayed to get his ticket punched?

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

TheCenturion posted:

It wasn't what I was expecting, but I was satisfied.

The garage scene, Philip being both raw and honest, AND keeping to his tradecraft. "When I came here....many years ago." Not giving away a single thing.

That was a super cool character moment. I also liked that even when Phillip was coming as clean as he possibly could, they still lied about being trained killers and denied knowing who those two people were that Elizabeth dropped a few weeks back.

I will miss this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

TheCenturion posted:

Did Philip know? He suspected, but I don’t know if he *knew*.

Well, he was truthful in saying that he didn't know them because he probably didn't know their names. However, he's smart enough to suss out Stan's venting about the two murders a few episodes back and the knowledge that Elizabeth was doing some pretty dark poo poo before she too burned out on "the job" to connect the two things.

Don't they say the best lies have an air of truth to them? He was straight up better than Elizabeth who just did the very passionate "no way we would never kill anyone" rebuttal.

• Locked thread