Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I'd watch an entire spinoff about Elizabeth trying to get art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

banned from Starbucks posted:

Aw I liked chill Russian hockey guy.

Same :smith:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

I could see them doing something where she gets in over her head and gets raped

That's... awfully specific

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I was so sure Elizabeth was gonna get busted at Canadian border control. I could swear one of the pics the officer was looking at was a dead ringer for her disguise at the time.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Lizs little moment with her old passport before tossing it into the pit was great.

That was Henry's passport

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I love interviews, but there is a part which every interview comes to which always grates me.

Speaking of more fallout, how much did you think through past the events of the finale? Do you know what happens to Stan’s career, what happens to Paige, what happens to Henry, what happens to Mischa and Martha and everybody else who is still in play after this story is over?

Weisberg: What I would say is that we have a sense of possible feelings and directions that all those people might be headed. Which I don’t think we want to talk about, because it’s very important to us that every person watching this be able to let their own imagination go where it will on that.

This is a cop out, and every showrunner pulls it. "Oh, we want to leave it to the viewer to decide that." Dude, this is your story. I already have an imagination. But you're the ones who actually made the show, you tell me where the characters are going. I really wish that people for once would sit down, after the show airs, and pull back the curtain and be like "actually, we had this 7 page outline of background for Renee, and here's the outline of where we saw Paige going, which explains why she got off the train, and here's how Henry really took the news..." etc. I just think "we'll leave that up to you to decide" is dangerously close to "we couldn't figure it out either, so we'll deflect from it."

Totally disagree. What would be the point of having ambiguity in the ending if they're just going to spell everything out in an interview afterwards? If you don't like ambiguous endings that's one thing, but you're specifically attacking the showrunners over not dispelling the ambiguity outside of the show, rather than the way they left things in the show itself.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Okay yeah I did read up on how Carnivale was supposed to end because that got cancelled. But The Americans was a complete story and pretty obviously deliberately ambiguous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I mean all he really needed to do in the entire series was sell the shot of him during the montage of Stan breaking the news and I thought he nailed it.

My only complaint about the finale is that we didn't get any actual dialogue for this. I really really wanted to watch Stan tell Henry "so it turns out your parents were soviet spies, they've fled the country, and you're never going to see them again." It would be such a left-field thing for Henry to hear he'd probably think it was a joke and coming from Stan who's a bit socially awkward and probably not very good with delivering emotional news like that it would have been hilarious and awesome

• Locked thread