Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

I'm getting bored with the show, to be honest. Hopefully it will spark my interest again once they start off on their long walk.

Just too many random dudes that I don't care about, reminds me of Alien 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

bloom posted:

I could totally see a season dealing with the Roanoke colony. Or Dyatlov pass. Hell, there's a whole lot of mysteries in history that have never seen a competently done film/tv adaptation.

American Horror Story did Roanoke recently and it was a completely wasted opportunity. I was extremely disappointed.

feedmyleg posted:

Or just adapt At the Mountains of Madness.

I'd rather not see At the Mountains of Madness unless it's a either a seriously budgeted blockbuster film, or at least a huge HBO project that they throw all their weight behind like GoT. I don't want to see a half-assed version of that story, for now I'm ok with just having Ridley Scott's Prometheus as the next best thing.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

bloom posted:

So I take it that's not worth watching? I gave up on AHS when I hit the witch season.

There are some good things about it but yea I'd say you can skip it if you're already feeling done with AHS. If you're just looking for an interesting take on the Roanoke story then definitely skip it.

AHS Hotel was pretty good though, I'd recommend that before Roanoke.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

feedmyleg posted:

Care to spoil it?

The entire first half of the season is a faux documentary where you have actors playing roles in a "reenactment" of events while the "real" people are interviewed in that talking head documentary style. Then at the halfway point the reenactment ends and they do a followup story where the "actors" from the original reenactment go back to the real house and spend a night there with the actual people who experienced the original events. Needless to say, they all get horrifically slaughtered.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

feedmyleg posted:

That is, indeed, very dumb and squanders every decent possibility.

The actual connection to the original Roanoke colony is a complete afterthought, it really has very little to do with the main storyline of the season. Complete waste.