Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Bugger me, I find this show to be unbearable to watch. It's not so much the violence, but the implied, always unexpected threat and the creeping claustrophobia of being trapped by the ice. But then, I've spoken to others about this show and none of them find it remotely scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

bloom posted:

I'm not sure about the scene of captain Brutus going through the theater masks in episode 6. It's well shot, but they ramped up the sense of dread to the point where it felt ridiculous considering that nothing actually happens.

Do you mind putting stuff like this in spoilers?

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Episode 10: Was there meant to be any significance behind the officer who had pierced his face with his chains or was it just simply to highlight how mad they had all gone? I know I'm probably overthinking it, but that scene really stuck out to me in the otherwise very depressing montage.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Yeah, I recall some of the characters talking about it an episode or two later.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I had a hard time telling most of the officers apart, especially once they all started cultivating grizzly beards.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

You'll know when Jopson dies.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

More, more! I love this stuff.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Thoroughly enjoying this chat. As an aside, I'm currently in Hobart and I visited the tiny Maritime Museum today where they have Franklin's pistols, which he left with his wife when he returned to England in 1843. I must admit none of this would have been of interest to me had I not watched the TV show, but it's cool to unexpectedly see real life connections like this.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Free Market Mambo posted:

https://norlender.no/shop-men/island-378

If you're looking for a Blanky sweater, forks not included.

https://norlender.no/shop-men/narvik

Ah, if only I had a spare $330, assuming prices are American. I'll keep it in mind as I'm sick of my jumpers getting holes in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

It took me three goes to get through the first episode and I've been putting off watching the second for weeks now. I suppose it's good to see I'm far from the only one to not be feeling this season.