Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Okay, your wiener, it's disgusting how it's all gnarled, it's like you stuck it in a hornet's nest!

Iím six episodes in and I am obsessed. Iíve never had a show make me feel so anxious before. Iíll finish the series tomorrow. My stomach is in knots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Okay, your wiener, it's disgusting how it's all gnarled, it's like you stuck it in a hornet's nest!

I finished the last episode on Friday night. Iíve been haunted by the desperation of it all. The way the ship was tilted in the background made every shot until they left so off-putting in the best possible way.

I was so impressed with Jared Harrisís performance Iíve been going back through Mad Men. I forgot how Lane was at his absolute best when yelling at people. (ďTHERE WAS CHEWING GUM ON HIS PUBIS!Ē)

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Ague Proof posted:

They used to cover their faces with coal to play as 'blackamoors' in masquerades.

The carnival always feels stupid to me even though I know it's plausible. It's a bit more so in the show because the monster hasn't attacked in a while and could have died from its wounds.

In the book Crozier told a story about being a blackamoor during a masquerade on a different expedition.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Tuunbaqís nose really throws the whole look off for me. Itís more of a teddy bear nose and it looks out of place.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

I want an officerís coat with the old timey sunglasses.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Wow, thanks. I could have never done that on my own. Just because I want them doesnít mean Iím going to actually buy them.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

It was a let me google that for you, which I interpret as being an rear end in a top hat.

Edit: getting back on track, hereís a deviant art Tuunbaq and Hickey

Ugh. No.

bitchymcjones fucked around with this message at May 6, 2018 around 18:17

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

That one was there before the show. Thereís a lot of interesting interpretations on there based on the bookís descriptions. I havenít looked in a few weeks so it could be more deviant art like on there by now.

Ao3 now has fanfic from the show. I was surprised that the most popular pairing was Crozier/Fitzjames.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

This is my favorite under the Tuunbaq tag.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

ĒMr. Hickey would have lied to you and used you down to your last muscleĒ is a little on the nose.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

I didnít really consider how many calories it would have taken to pull the sledges until watching this.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

I canít imagine feeling any kind of hope having to walk for weeks in that bleak of an environment, even if I was healthy and well-fed.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

I mean... I laughed

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Goodsir: good until the very end.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

After watching the finale for a second time, Iím still amazed at how tender and caring Crozier was with the dead and dying and how well Jared Harris pulled it off. Give him all the awards.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

LadyPictureShow posted:

On the return to the depot where they left everyone else they were short on food, monsoons hit, so they resorted to shooting and eating their camels (yes they imported camels) and horse.

Australia has 1 mil.+ feral camels now because of expeditions like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

LadyPictureShow posted:

drat, really? Thatís kind of like how Germany has a raccoon problem because a baron or Kaiser imported them because he wanted to hunt different stuff. Or the multitude of snakes and Capybaras on the loose in Florida.

Are the camels mostly in the outback?

From Wikipedia: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_feral_camel

Some people are using them for milk now so animal control doesnít have to cull them from helicopters.