Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hand Row
May 28, 2001
https://mobile.twitter.com/fswisconsin/status/979949219887788032

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Brewers GM thought the Braun Kemp rumor was an early April Fools joke ha.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

The gently caress is with teams having scheduled off days on a Sunday?!

In case opening day rains out.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

cis autodrag posted:

The team is much younger so hopefully they don't run out of steak after the break this year.

Pitching is super obviously still an issue. They gave up a lot of runs in that series.

I thought that too but then realized they only gave up 1 and 3 in two of the games.

Yelich and Cain have been amazing. Villar is still painful to watch though.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

That is THE Kato Kaelin and he loves doing Brewer hot takes.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I prefer "Can o' corn"

Can o corn is a lazy flyball, unless you just meant favorite baseball vocabulary.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Fair enough. Instead I'll borrow from Eck and say that a bad pitch begging to be crushed is "weak salad without hair on it"

Meatball is my preferred term.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

rickiep00h posted:

I don't know how "It it not uncommon for blizzards in April in Minnesota" or admitting and agreeing that this year is exceptional is a bit?

I love Target Field but I still feel like it should have been at least a retractable roof. Obviously it's all water under the bridge, but it's still ridiculous.

The Brewer beat writers rehash a thank god for the roof article every year. I think the Brewers drew more than 500k than the Twins last year and I assume April numbers must be god awful for the Twins, like it was for the Brewers in County Stadium. Blizzards may be rare but April and even May still have suckass days. 35 degrees, then 70, then 40, who the gently caress knows.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Pancakes posted:

:hfive:

Horseshoe sandwich country represent?

Flatlander

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Poque posted:

Eric Thames has a torn ligament in his thumb, going to the DL, surgery "likely but not definite"

Most likely 6 to 8 weeks, boo.

• Locked thread