Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I am very excited for baseball except the part where half the games are illegitimate travesties because the DH hasn't been made universal

gently caress the Cubs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

Also the DH is terrible, but without it we'd have far fewer clips of old fat guys huffing and puffing as they waddle run to first

But with the DH you get to see old fat guys huff and puff around FOUR bases?

As a Yankee Hater I'm not embarrassed or wrong to say Jersey Bro and gently caress You Guy are icons and will live forever despite respectively dying of an alcohol related incident and congestive heart failure.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Abel Wingnut posted:

judge manning cf today

:stare:

Came here just to post that. What in the hell?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

cis autodrag posted:

wow, cinci fans really not turning out huh?

Eh, losing in the 9th, Easter Sunday, and it was like 45 degrees with fog and mist. Plus Reds bad. I'd say forgiveable.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Lost in Cubstalk was that Tyler Mahle went six and struck out seven with a hit and two walks.

I've liked Mahle for a while now, no one would ever describe his stuff as electric but he's got everything else going so it plays up.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Sab0921 posted:

This seems like a bit of an overreaction to 6 IP, 3ER. It's not a terrible start.

It's a QUALITY start :eng101:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Lester the Molester right guys

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

He's right.

Kapler dumb.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Senf posted:

This is a good joke, but I do want to say that 200,000 people requested tickets and the A’s gave away 60,000.

The Coliseum is going to loving collapse.

The poor plumbing :(

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Drunk Canuck posted:

Does anyone have the pdf of the Baseball Mogul saga?

I didn't know there was a saga surrounding Baseball Mogul other than they stopped being assed to really update it in any meaningful way.

I remember playing MLBPA Baseball by EA Sports, which I think came out in 1994, and discovering a glitch where if you loaded the bases and bunted directly towards the pitcher the ball would die and no one would attempt to field it and you could keep advancing runners for the bunt grand slam.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Pancakes posted:

Still, take a moment to appreciate it the next time you watch Yadi play. :allears:

no.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Extremely petty.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

gently caress baseball, let's talk roads.

Asphalt > gravel IMO but you can't discount a gravel road's character.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Niwrad posted:

Kyle Schwarber has a higher defensive WAR than Jason Heyward this season.

Just curious why it's still critical if he's stable and talking. Like can something bad still happen?

He seems like such a good guy based on all the nice things players have said about him.

Because his brain was bleeding and is probably at very high risk to do so again without proper, constant observation.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

The Reds had a "on this day in history" trivia bit for a dude named Ice Box Chamberlain who was the first Reds pitcher to hit a grand slam in 1892.

This has nothing to do with anything other than old timey baseball names being cool as gently caress.

Ice Box Chamberlain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

jit bull transpile posted:

How is Josh Hader even real?

Currently has six fewer K's than Chris Sale and seven fewer than Corey Kluber in 18 innings pitched.

• Locked thread