Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Rays are bad and I’m going to miss Opening Day and I am sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

N: DENARD SPAN hit a triple with the bases loaded to give the Rays the lead and beat the Sox.

V: It’s official, Rays won the trade.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Pancakes posted:

N: Albert hit an opening day home run, now at 615 career HR, 2970 career hits, 1919 career RBI.

V: :allears:

:unsmith: 600/3000/2000 would be nice.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Your Taint posted:

Jesus how do you not even accidentally strike a guy out?

BIG GAME JAMES

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Sydin posted:

lmao james shields pitched a better game than jon lester

How in the world

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Edward Mass posted:

N: Going to see Astros/Yankees in the Bronx

V: What are my odds of being stabbed for wearing a Springer jersey?

Nah, it's not as bad as it used to be. I sat in the left field bleachers in the Bronx and had a lot of fun at an Indians/Yankees game when I was in town last August. They were too busy shouting at the drunks trying to start a wave to go back to Queens.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

During this commercial break, here’s a popular video from MLB.com.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Benne posted:

Nelson Cruz twisted his ankle walking down the clubhouse steps and is in a walking boot hahahahahahha :suicide:

:rip:

Didn’t someone else go on the DL this week carrying in luggage?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

elentar posted:

In postgame comments he took responsibility for the whole "forgetting to tell anyone to warm up the pitcher you're impulsively about to call on" thing, and also said the Phillies would make the playoffs this year.

So things seem to be going well.

Kapler is being reported to MLB for it, too. :lol:

https://twitter.com/matt_breen/status/980299449628086272

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Hako posted:

The Cubs are the most god awful major market team in all of sports. This team needs to be blown the gently caress up. Unreal that time and time again the Cubs who are supposedly loaded with firepower get limp dick bats time and time and time a loving again I will make a prediction that no other team in MLB gets shut out against both the Reds and the Marlins all year. Its not about losing a game here or there, I'm so tired of the Cubs limp dick bats all seeming to get hard in unison or just being completely flat all together.

The Rays are bad and can’t hit.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Sydin posted:

So I was flipping through rosters to look at all the dumb trades the AI makes in my RTTS game, and look who I found bumming around in the minor leagues!

Wait does that mean

YES

“Bobson” and “Dugnutt” are both available audio for player names. They made Matt Vasgersian say Bobson Dugnutt.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Guess those teams are busts, send them back to AAA.

thank god

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Senf posted:

This is a good joke, but I do want to say that 200,000 people requested tickets and the A’s gave away 60,000.

The Coliseum is going to loving collapse.

So that’s how they’re getting their new stadium!

I remember the Rays slashed all the available tickets to $5 to raise money for the Pulse Nightclub victims, even un-tarping the super duper upper deck seats, a few days after the shooting and drew 40,000. :unsmith:

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Apr 12, 2018

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

MLB Power Pros and 2020 Super Baseball are the greatest baseball games ever made.

Also Ohtani hit a bases-clearing triple today, more proof that Japan is better than us at baseball games.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Contract the Rays as well

Uh... that’s right, Rays fever: contract it

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Orlando hasn’t even had a minor league team of any level in the city in almost two decades. Plus the city is firmly in Rays’ territory.

Which still seems a little weird given the Disney sports complex. You’d think they’d be able to fill up a small minor league baseball stadium during the summer.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Danny Farquhar passed out in the dugout after pitching 2/3 in relief last night and :ohdear:

https://twitter.com/JRFegan/status/987777092824850434

I hope he ends up okay, that's really scary!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Whooping Crabs posted:

I feel like that ball could have killed him if not for his helmet.

That is generally why they wear batting helmets, yes.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

rickiep00h posted:

Is this where I come to complain about the Twins losing to a team consisting largely of Former Twins? Because god drat c'MON guys. THE RAYS.

The Rays started 1-8 and are 5-5 since. Progress! Probably helps that Chirinos rules and they’re not running a goddamn 3-man rotation anymore.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

boop the snoot posted:

hi just wanted to say blackout restrictions are dumb and i won't be able to watch the next three rays game because i'm a 4 hour drive away from baltimore and i don't have the station the game is on available to me.

thanks for reading and go rays!

They rained out sorry

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

N: The Rays have won 5 in a row.

V: 3 more and they erase their 8 losses in a row!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

N: Rays win 8 in a row with a 12-6 thrashing of the Red Sox, including Johnny Field Bat’s first dinger.

V: is this team... good?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

New Concept Hole posted:

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/990380630822318080

This is the most entertainment I've gotten out of a game in a long time

This is fantastic

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

algebra testes posted:

This loving team makes no sense and I kinda love it.

Mallex Smith's bat is making up for his amazing defense, Denard Span, Daniel Robertson has a totally sustainable .500 OBP through 20 games, Denard Span, Blake Snell is an ace, Chris Archer is a pumpkin, the 3-man rotation experiment is finally over, Johnny Venters is back, Denard Span, and the closer has a 2.000 WHIP. This team is a trip.

Denard Span.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

PROTIP: Type alt+0233 to produce an é on a PC when discussing Enrique Hernandez

• Locked thread